PDA

View Full Version : Another Goodbye

jonny
11-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Watched my NSX drive away this morning..

Its going down to London so keep an eye out for it. Guy's name is Rana apparently works in IT. Told him if he needs any advice to come here :thumbsup:

I'm sure I'll be back in an NSX. Already promised myself another one.

Silver Surfer
11-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Hi Jonny, sad day...

I remember the thread when you first acquired the NSX from Craigdonnelly..I am sure you will miss the car loads!
What's your next target?

Looking forward to the day when you come back to the fold....(You know you will..)
BW

SS

jonny
11-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Not too sure whats next to be honest. I mean where do you go after the NSX?? Its been discussed on here quite a few times with most votes leaning towards the R8. Unfortunately the R8 does nothing for me. I respect it but I just don't have that lust.

I'm in no rush so I can afford to wait for something as special as the NSX. I'm big into my drifting and have an RX7 and S13 to keep me happy on track days. NSX will leave a big hole though, it managed to keep me happy everyday of the week.

nakamichi
11-08-2010, 07:03 PM
I still miss my S13 terribly:(
Seriously thinking of trying to buy it back.

jonny
11-08-2010, 07:13 PM
I think they're very underated cars.
Paid 2500 for mine and I absolutely love it. Had to do a bit of work to it - new head gasket, fuel pressure regulator and clutch but its such a good car.
Just difficult to find one that isn't dying from rust. Seems to be a big problem with S13s. Luckily mine is super clean underneath.

nakamichi
11-08-2010, 07:24 PM
I think they're very underated cars.
Paid 2500 for mine and I absolutely love it. Had to do a bit of work to it - new head gasket, fuel pressure regulator and clutch but its such a good car.
Just difficult to find one that isn't dying from rust. Seems to be a big problem with S13s. Luckily mine is super clean underneath.
I had mine for 5 years and did loads of work on it.I felt emotionally attached to it because I knew every nut and bolt on it.As it wasn't worth much and parts are cheap I didn't feel intimidated to take it apart.

I am scared to do much to the NSX in case I **** it up.

jonny
11-08-2010, 07:39 PM
yeah I know what you mean. Working on the NSX is a bit different.
"hmmm, If I get this wrong thats about 1k to rectify...." haha

Was yours an SR or a CA? Mines a stage3 CA but I'm thinking bout doing a swap. Just put an RB25 into my mates one and I'm jealous now. Thought about a 1JZ but thats not exactly an overnight switch!

nakamichi
11-08-2010, 08:30 PM
yeah I know what you mean. Working on the NSX is a bit different.
"hmmm, If I get this wrong thats about 1k to rectify...." haha

Was yours an SR or a CA? Mines a stage3 CA but I'm thinking bout doing a swap. Just put an RB25 into my mates one and I'm jealous now. Thought about a 1JZ but thats not exactly an overnight switch!
CA stage 2
Loads of modifications done,interior,brakes,suspension etc etc
I am thinking of selling the NSX and going back to a 200sx as I like pulling my cars apart and tinkering with them.
I just wouldn't feel confident doing that to an NSX and for that reason I don't feel "connected" to it.
I appreciate the NSX immensely for being a fantastic car but I just don't love it in the same way.
When you have spent many,many hours laying under a car getting intimate with every nut and bolt you get a relationship with it.
I am still waiting for that relationship to form with the Honda.
I could thrash the Nissan about and not care if the engine blew up as I knew I could easily drop another one in for not much money.
Every time I drive the NSX ,I worry that something might go wrong with it and cost me thousands to fix.

Silver Surfer
11-08-2010, 10:13 PM
I appreciate the NSX immensely for being a fantastic car but I just don't love it in the same way.
When you have spent many,many hours laying under a car getting intimate with every nut and bolt you get a relationship with it.
I am still waiting for that relationship to form with the Honda.
I could thrash the Nissan about and not care if the engine blew up as I knew I could easily drop another one in for not much money.
Every time I drive the NSX ,I worry that something might go wrong with it and cost me thousands to fix.

If you a reasonable mechanic, I am sure you can take the NSX apart with the service manual with little difficulty..and I suspect it is no different to other japanese cars in that era....It's the electrics which will worry most. Some parts are more priccy but it's the labour which is the killer in most jobs and the aluminium body panel aren't special anymore as there are so many alu cars nowaday. Engine, clutch, transmission are generally the same...the suspension is another matter,

SS

SS

TheSebringOne
11-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Sorry Jonny about your NSX lost, hopefully you will be back in the fold in the not distant future. Hopefully we will hear from the new owner. :)

rocco1
11-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Not too sure whats next to be honest. I mean where do you go after the NSX?? Its been discussed on here quite a few times with most votes leaning towards the R8. Unfortunately the R8 does nothing for me. I respect it but I just don't have that lust.

I'm in no rush so I can afford to wait for something as special as the NSX. I'm big into my drifting and have an RX7 and S13 to keep me happy on track days. NSX will leave a big hole though, it managed to keep me happy everyday of the week.
Hi mate you will have a job on youre hands to find a replacement for the NSX,the R8 isnt a patch on NSX,I have been driving a R8 for the past 3 weeks and it did nothing for me,I know i am selling my NSX but thats just because i have a love hate relationship with it,not too keen on the looks,but when i get behind the steerng wheel i dont want to sell it! Anyway good luck, i am sure you will be back.