PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fancy a cheap 2002 steering wheel & airbag?

gcon45
23-07-2010, 02:08 PM
I recently sold my old steering wheel and airbag to a chap from the US for $900.

I sent the parcel from here in Northern Ireland to the US via the Post Office's 'Global value' service, which estimates a 5-10 day cross-Atlantic delivery.

After the 10 days I contacted Parcelforce to enquire about the whereabouts of the parcel.

They sent a reply stating that the item is unsafe to fly as it is "an explosive".

I then contacted them asking to have the parcel returned to me.

They replied again saying that they would not return the item as it is unsuitable for sending via air or sea.

Strange seeing as the parcel made it safely across the water to them in the first place!

Anyway, the bottom line is that they cannot return the parcel to me and if it is not collected from their parcel recovery area within 90 days it will be destroyed.

If anyone is interested in the wheel and airbag please PM me and we can hopefully come to an arrangement of some sort where you can pick the wheel up from the parcel centre with my consent.

If I make back £200 of the £500 I've lost I will be happy enough!

Many thanks :thumbsup:

The wheel in question:

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/7740/p1030002t.jpg

nobby
23-07-2010, 05:07 PM
OMG Connor, thats awful news mate!

that is shocking i must admit

Check with Sudesh on this matter, I believe he has dismantled air bags etc of wheels so US owners can have the Honda badge instead of Acura, assuming this is why you had a buyer from the US interested.

Hopefully you get sorted bud.

terrible news

Sudesh
23-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Where is everything now then?

gcon45
23-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Andrew - thanks for that. It's just one of those things unfortunately!

Sudesh - it is in Parcelforce's 'parcel recovery area'. I'm awaiting an address.

Sudesh
23-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Let me know the info as soon as you find out and I may be able to do something for you.

Andrew - thanks for that. It's just one of those things unfortunately!

Sudesh - it is in Parcelforce's 'parcel recovery area'. I'm awaiting an address.

gcon45
23-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Excellent Sudesh!

I will let you know ASAP.

Sudesh
23-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Excellent Sudesh!

I will let you know ASAP.

No problem!

I understand the problem of it being explosive, but I've sent 4 or 5 air bags out to the US/EU over the years and never had a problem. In saying that they were all air bags on there own without the wheel and a small package so not sure if that has anything to do with it.