PDA

View Full Version : Silver 1992 car for auction next week

Stuart
13-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Blundered across this earlier today - it must be fairly unusual to see these come up for sale at auction.

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page.ph

havoc
13-07-2010, 05:34 PM
OK, I'm confused - an L30 engine?!? And the estimate seems a little low for an FHSH manual car...unless I'm missing something?!?

I'm missing a lot more here:-
http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page.php/carno/82479
- Was there such a thing as a 'Jordan lightweight edition'?
- How the hell is it worth ~ twice as much as a standard UK car of similar age/mileage/spec (maybe more than twice, given it's an auto-box)?
- Who decided tan leather and yellow bodywork went well together?!? :eek:

Sudesh
13-07-2010, 05:39 PM
There is no such thing as a Jordan Lightweight NSX, the yellow car looks like a JDM car also from what I can see and to hazard a guess, its not a genuine 1996 car either.

Nick Graves
13-07-2010, 07:15 PM
OK, I'm confused - an L30 engine?!? And the estimate seems a little low for an FHSH manual car...unless I'm missing something?!?

I'm missing a lot more here:-
http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page.php/carno/82479
- Was there such a thing as a 'Jordan lightweight edition'?
- How the hell is it worth ~ twice as much as a standard UK car of similar age/mileage/spec (maybe more than twice, given it's an auto-box)?
- Who decided tan leather and yellow bodywork went well together?!? :eek:

That was the V8 based on two siamesed Jazz/Fit engines. So rare in fact, it only exists in my head.

The wheels are Mugen GP ripoffs, if my offset-ometer is accurate. And what would a '96 "Jordan lightweight" be doing on wheels from the future? The car must've been fast.

Agree about the colourway. Having said that, the yellow with yellow and bird-eye maple in the 'NSX Refresh' catalogue is a bit 'special' too!

Greybloke
13-07-2010, 09:03 PM
I looked (briefley) at the yellow one when I was looking 5 years ago at a small dealer near Stevenage. At that time I think the price was about half that quoted here!

havoc
14-07-2010, 06:33 AM
Cheers Sudesh! (& Nick ;) ) I thought it smelled like Billingsgate to me, just wanted to ask the NSX cognoscenti...

simonprelude
14-07-2010, 07:55 AM

When I was asked a question about a particular car a while ago I mentioned that the potential buyer checked the engine very carefully as the data I had didn't seem right. Then when I had details of the NSX database I found Honda registered a lot of NSX's as having an L30 engine, whether it's a mistake on their part or on DVLA's I don't know. What I would say is everyone check your V5's as I know a few members on here have this issue.

Nick Graves
14-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Plausibly a handwriting issue; we all joke the Japanese cannot tell their Rs from their Lbows, but their Cs is definitely a new one!