PDA

View Full Version : OME Radio Issues

Damian
11-07-2010, 11:15 PM
My 1995 NSX T if fitted with the original Bose speakers and head unit. I have an irritating issue with the radio and wondered if others have come across this. The sound from the radio drops off for a split second every 10 seconds or so. It is like as if it is trying to retune itself. It drops for a millisecond and then recovers. It may be my imagination but it also seems to occur only when the car is moving !! The TP light is permanently on on the radio display (regardless of whether the TPA switch is on or off). The car has the original electric ariel. Any ideas ??

TheSebringOne
11-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Hi Damian and welcome, I regret poor radio reception is a common problem with the NSX and I assume you meant OEM radio?

NSXGB
11-07-2010, 11:37 PM
My 1995 NSX T if fitted with the original Bose speakers and head unit. I have an irritating issue with the radio and wondered if others have come across this. The sound from the radio drops off for a split second every 10 seconds or so. It is like as if it is trying to retune itself. It drops for a millisecond and then recovers. It may be my imagination but it also seems to occur only when the car is moving !! The TP light is permanently on on the radio display (regardless of whether the TPA switch is on or off). The car has the original electric ariel. Any ideas ??

Two threads for you to look at:
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=7992&highlight=radio
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=7204&highlight=radio

Never had any problems with radio reception myself in the NSX.

Kaz-kzukNA1
12-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Hi, Damian.

OEM head unit is built with several modular sections such as filter for the power line, cassette mechanism, radio tuner block, CD changer control, etc.

Addition to this, outside of the head unit, you have the relay to power up the three amplifier modules built into the speaker boxes. There are four speakers in total.

Therefore, first thing is to find out whether the problem happens only when you are listening to the radio or not.

You can use cassette tape (if you have one), CD changer (if it is installed) or MP3 player using cassette tape type adaptor to change the source of signal for testing.

If it only happens while you are listening to the radio, then it would be best to look into the signal threshold setup. I don’t have UK radio manual but it should be included in there.

If you are experiencing the same issue even using other sound sources, then you need to widen the investigation areas.

You may have issues outside of the head unit such as Bose amplifier failure which is quite common especially on early models.

Regards,
Kaz

Damian
12-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Guys,

Thanks for the help on this one. The problem does not occur with the casette player so I need to do some tests to home in on the problem.

Damian
13-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Kaz,

I checked the system with a good quality casette which works perfectly so the problem is with the radio. This is a UK speccar but I do not have an Owners Manual. Have you any guidance on how to adjust the signal threshold setup ?

Damian

Sudesh
13-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Have you tried switching "AS" off and "TPA"?

Problem Child
08-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Excuse me restarting this old thread.....but what is a cassette????

Geraint
08-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Seriously? :)

Problem Child
08-02-2012, 09:49 PM
No, LOL

Talk of cassettes makes me think of the wombles. bob dylan and the bay city rollers! Cant remember the last time I even saw a cassette

Geraint
08-02-2012, 09:55 PM
:laugh:

When I got my NSX, I did entertain the idea of buying a decent cassette deck just to knock up a few compilation tapes.

Then I did some research and got myself an ipod adapter instead.

Hagasan
08-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Excuse me restarting this old thread.....but what is a cassette????

The high tech progression from 8-track??

I once saw a Lotus Espirit in the very late 70's with a functioning record player!! At the time as a 10 year old I thought it was really cool. Thinking back the owner must have been either very rich or just daft....maybe both...it was in Scotland!!

Problem Child
08-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Being a jock myself...he was probably just tight and wouldnt pay for an upgrade!

Hagasan
08-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Being a jock myself...he was probably just tight and wouldnt pay for an upgrade!

Oi you....don't tar us all with that brush!! Aye, thir r a fair few o' us aroond thez pirts ya caen.....

I'm from Kirkcaldy.....

Problem Child
08-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Larkhall....but I need to stop posting silly posts! LOL

Hagasan
08-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Larkhall....but I need to stop posting silly posts! LOL

Don't worrry....I've started a thread in your honour lol...