PDA

View Full Version : Carbon bonnet

nakamichi
11-07-2010, 06:07 PM
I am toying with the idea of getting a carbon bonnet put on my red NA1.
Do you think it would look rubbish or would it be a nice modification?
I have seen pics on t'internet but they are usually on race cars covered in stickers so it is hard to tell what it would look like on a standard car.
Thoughts?
cheers
Tony

Sudesh
11-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Have your bonnet wrapped in 3M Carbon Vinyl first and see what you think. I'm just in the process of setting up some carbon productions myself and making items for the NSX.

I am toying with the idea of getting a carbon bonnet put on my red NA1.
I have seen pics on t'internet but they are usually on race cars covered in stickers so it is hard to tell what it would look like on a standard car.
Thoughts?
cheers
Tony

NSX 2000
11-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Have your bonnet wrapped in 3M Carbon Vinyl first and see what you think. I'm just in the process of setting up some carbon productions myself and making items for the NSX.

Please be a centre console with ahstray. Please be a centre console with ahstray. Please be a centre console with ahstray.Please be a centre console with ahstray. Please be a centre console with ahstray. Please be a centre console with ahstray. :cantlook:

Sudesh
11-07-2010, 09:45 PM
YES!!

That is one of a few things that I'm looking at! Along with the carbon vent surround to match and door trims.

Please be a centre console with ahstray. Please be a centre console with ahstray. Please be a centre console with ahstray.Please be a centre console with ahstray. Please be a centre console with ahstray. Please be a centre console with ahstray. :cantlook:

markc
11-07-2010, 10:23 PM
QUOTE=nakamichi;74353]I am toying with the idea of getting a carbon bonnet put on my red NA1.
Thoughts?
cheers
Tony[/QUOTE]

Since you've asking I don't think the carbon bonnets look great. I assume you mean the ones with the hole/duct.
Painting them (body colour) helps but a good finish Is hard to achieve.

If you're doing it to save weight fair enough but you'd do better changing the battery.

Cheers

Mark

Marky
11-07-2010, 10:33 PM
I'll take one of those CF centre console covers too Sudesh :D

TheSebringOne
11-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Sudesh, for Paul's sake, you better get cracking on these! He sounds really desperate. :)

Sudesh
11-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Its just something I'm putting together the past few weeks so not sure on time scale yet as its a new project. Hardest part so far is dedicating OEM parts to have them fabricated and moulds created. But lucky enough between myself and a friend we are getting the parts together.

On the console, my main aim is to create the console in OEM style with ashtray and lid to suit OEM radio, plus the centre vent surround. Then doing one thats just blank so if someone wants to cut/modify it for double din stereos or other gauges its straight forward.

Something I'm doing a test on right now is the rear hatch vent.

Sudesh, for Paul's sake, you better get cracking on these! He sounds really desperate. :)