PDA

View Full Version : Can somone advise me on dent/scratch repair?

nakamichi
07-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi
I keep my NSX under a cover at the moment as I have no access to a garage.The other night I stupidly put a brick on top of the cover to stop it blowing off in the high winds.
Next morning,I went out to find that the wind had blown under the cover and pushed the brick down the bonnet:doh:
I now have three very small dents (size of a penny) which are also scratched but not very deeply.
They dont show up too much,but I know they are there and want them fixed.
Would you use a company like Chipsaway or Dentdevils? or should I go to a proper bodyshop?
What sort of money would a bodyshop charge? Would they need to respray the whole bonnet?
I am asking as I don't want to get ripped off and figured you guys might have some experience of this sort of thing.
Cheers
Tony:)

Boomin33
07-07-2010, 06:16 PM
I got a proper rub-down + wax done on mine a few weeks back and I bet your scratch would virtually disappear with that treatment.

as for the dent.. I'm about to take mine down to 355 in Dunsford... http://www.355international.com/dunsfold.html They come recommended & look like a pretty good outfit. I can ask them for you next week, to see what they say about taking dents out of aluminium.