PDA

View Full Version : Prospeed Cats - Word of Caution

CrazyMixedUpKid
07-07-2010, 12:33 PM
All,

I recently decided to get some Prospeed Cats to complete my exhaust. Was bit wary as I knew the 'group buy' had taken about 10 years to get their parts - but I figured 1 set shouldn't stress them too much.

Sure enough a few weeks later they arrived - but with no 'hangers' (i.e. the rods you push into the rubber widgets hanging from the chassis). Great. I contacted other owners in the group buy - they all had hangers on theirs. Contacted Prospeed to say "where are my hangers?" He stated that this is the 'new' design and I'll be fine without them. Umm, effectively hanging my exhaust from 3 suspension points instead of 5 didn't sound fine to me.

Resigned to the fact I'll have to pay someone to weld some on for me over here - I asked if could please send me some hangers ... no reply. Mailed again a week later ... no reply. That was a week ago so I gave up in disgust. I have sourced some hangers from Dali so I do have some now - but like I said - will have to pay to get them fitted/welded on here.

Moral: If you are thinking of getting Prospeed cats and you would like hangers ASK HIM TO PUT THEM ON BEFORE YOU ORDER!

Lankstarr
08-07-2010, 06:14 PM
I bet you feel better after getting that little rant off your chest.

No hangers = lighter... stop moaning;)

I never used hangers on teh decat pipes; they're so much lighter than the cats so I figure you might be ok. Weird evry1 else got em though... maybe you;re just lucky!