PDA

View Full Version : Oct 2005 Spa-Francorchamps - rounds of the Honda Trophy

Kevin
24-10-2005, 07:54 PM
This year saw more UK NSXs than any previous Spa event in recent years. Kevin, MarkC, Simon, Peter (with a definate 'work in progress' car) and a cameo appearance by Mags.

All the Euro-friends that we have made were there, and it was great to see them again.

MarkC was the hero of the show and shine activity, with his Type S. NSXs are rarer over there than here, and his Type S did get some attention. The only attention my car got are the comments about my exhaust not being loud enough. They won't be saying that next year!

The weather provided some interesting moments, with rain each morning but drying in the afternoon.

This year I had the best track action ever at this event. The organisers cut down on the number of other car clubs invited, so it was just the Hondas and the Porsche club. The track time was divided into session between the Hondas and Porsches. As there is only ten or Hondas present it meant I practically got the track to myself. All the other Hondas are race entries so, they spend as much as time tweaking the cars as driving them. Also, as the races are where they really push the cars, during free practice I have never experienced such curteous driving, as it means nothing to try and race someone in a practice session.

The weather though meant I took it easier than normal, and also couldn't compare lap times to last year, oh well.

At the beginning of my second session, the car didn't start to easily and when it did, acrid smoke came out of the engine bay. Not the best thing to have happen hundreds of miles from home. Luckily some more investigations revealed it was 'only' the aircon pump that had seized up. Now then, do I fix the aircon, or remove it?

A couple of the UK crew got a ride with me, Simon, and the new owner of Mags' car. Maybe I've convinced them to take to the track next time, or maybe I've put them off.

I didn't take any photos this year, as Simon has a much better camera than mine. Hopefully his pics will be posted below.

simonprelude
24-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Thanks Kevin, great weekend.

NSX on track, we will see, the warranty will almost be up next year.

Maximum file size 150kb ??

See here for a few photo's

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=324101&st=0&#entry6442807

simonprelude
25-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Here are a few

Kevin
26-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Here's some more pics of probably the best turned out car there. Just my opinion of course, yours may vary....

Dirk
27-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Hi Kevin,

thanks a lot for taking my friend from Madrid as passenger on the track :)
He enjoyed it a lot and I think he have now a new love "Eau Rouge" :lol:

Take care and hope to see you next year

Dirk

mags
28-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Hello All,

First my apologise for not having time to chat to the British contingent,we were on a flying visit :cry:

Thank you Kevin for taking Bob out on the track in your car.

It did the trick :wink:

Back on track very soon :D

Senninha
21-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Kevin,

Is this an annual event and if so, when does it occur please? Any other info would be appreciated regards accomodation, costs, track access etc.

Regards

Paul

simonprelude
22-06-2006, 10:29 AM
I have tried searching the last couple of days and can't find anything.

ctrlaltdelboy
22-06-2006, 10:50 AM
http://www.nsx.ch/en/index.html

forumadmin
22-06-2006, 04:05 PM
There isn't a listing for an event at Spa this year. The 'NSX-Days' event, which could of possibly been the big event this year at Magny Cours was cancelled also.

Spa has been getting more and more expensive (for the organisers) and with not enough people going it doesn't pay. Though as a track day its great with only 6 cars on the track!

simonprelude
22-06-2006, 04:43 PM
So anyone up for the August events ??

August 4 and 5th
Circuit Bugatti in Le Mans (F), organised by the PORSCHE CLUB GENEVA

August 19th
Circuit du Mas du Clos (F)

Or even October ??

October 28th
Circuit de l’Anneau du Rhin (F)

simonprelude
20-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Just in case anyone hadn't seen Gerard actics from this day...........

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V6q4pTWxIxM

Senninha
20-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Just in case anyone hadn't seen Gerard actics from this day...........

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V6q4pTWxIxM

Just watched this ... exit from au rouge was great but final run down to bus stop confirms why you shouldn't drive over the kerbs in the wet :(