PDA

View Full Version : Old Formula Red code

Silver Surfer
06-07-2010, 11:40 PM
I need some touch up paint for my Formula Red 91 NSX.
Honda has provided me with one 'Formula RED 08703 R 77 HE'
It looks darker and seems not to match.

Can the usual expert suspects advice and help?
A stone has knocked off a large chunk of paint off my drivers side wiper nozzle!! :angry:

SS

NSXGB
07-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Your actual paint code should be on a sticker on one of your door shuts.

Hagasan
07-07-2010, 07:55 AM
I need some touch up paint for my Formula Red 91 NSX.
Honda has provided me with one 'Formula RED 08703 R 77 HE'
It looks darker and seems not to match.

Can the usual expert suspects advice and help?
A stone has knocked off a large chunk of paint off my drivers side wiper nozzle!! :angry:

SS

The wiper nozzles come prepainted from Honda. This might be the better option for a good paint finish? Not implying you can't paint like!:laugh:

Chris B N
07-07-2010, 09:15 AM
take the paint code to Halfords they will make you a 300 ml spray can for around £13. They claim to be able to match 45,000 colours /shades.
got a perfect match for Charlotte Green and think a couple of other members also had good results from this route.
For small brush touch ups, just spray a little paint into the can lid.
Hope it works for you
Chris

Sudesh
07-07-2010, 09:16 AM
I got Halfords to make me a touch up pen, paint code I gave was R77 Formula Red.

Washer nozzle new comes color coded and costs £34.76 each.

goldnsx
07-07-2010, 09:54 AM
The paint color changes over time, it's photoreactive. Hard to believe but that's the way it is.

Silver Surfer
07-07-2010, 11:37 PM
I got Halfords to make me a touch up pen, paint code I gave was R77 Formula Red.

Washer nozzle new comes color coded and costs £34.76 each.

Sudesh What's the honda serial number for the colour coded old formula RED washernozzle if I need to order one?

Cheers

SS

Sudesh
08-07-2010, 08:43 AM
The nozzles used to be sided with individual part numbers but both have superceeded to using the same number now. It will also come with new seal.

Part Number: 76810-SL0-J01YL *R77*

Sudesh What's the honda serial number for the colour coded old formula RED washernozzle if I need to order one?

Cheers

SS

bernev
10-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Isn't it the case that Formula Red is a pig to match because it has two components - the red gloss (which you can get made up by plenty of places inc halfords quoting the paint code) and also a red lacquer - which i have not been able to find anywhere. While my current NSX hasn't yet needed other than the touch up stick, I couldn't get my first NSX to match - on a graze near the front spoiler.

nakamichi
10-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Isn't it the case that Formula Red is a pig to match because it has two components - the red gloss (which you can get made up by plenty of places inc halfords quoting the paint code) and also a red lacquer - which i have not been able to find anywhere. While my current NSX hasn't yet needed other than the touch up stick, I couldn't get my first NSX to match - on a graze near the front spoiler.
yup
I have that problem.I got the correct paint code R77 mixed but it doesn't match when it has dried.I didn't know there was a lacquer aswell.
What is the solution?