PDA

View Full Version : CD changer E0.1 fault

Silver Surfer
29-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Guys,

My CD changer isn't working...it was playing and when the song ended, it stopped working and showed up the E01 code on the screen.

The disc cassette is still in the changer and there seems to have no power as the eject button is NOT lit up and ain't responding!!!

When I unplug and plug in the short 7-8 pin conector, the eject button flashes once and remains unlit. i have checked whether there is a bent connector but it all seems straight and OK.

Any clue?

SS

Sudesh
29-06-2010, 09:58 PM
E01 means the CD Cartridge is having a loading issue. You'll need to open the changer door and look in and see if a CD is stuck.

Suggestion from prime:

Slide a slender blade of metal (slim jim) under the center of the cassette (magazine) to push the release latch. Then unplug the DIN cable for 30 seconds or more, turn off the radio, plug in the DIN cable, insert an empty magazine, and turn on the radio. Or something like this. The unit will then try all 6 slots and eject the remaining CD into the magazine, and you will be back in business until the next time.

Silver Surfer
29-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Thanks Sudesh for the reply......
Bugger!! spent ages dismantalling the CD changer and its bracket from the boot!!! :(
SS

NSXGB
30-06-2010, 06:47 AM
Error E01 means 'please throw me in the bin and buy an ipod'.
:)

WhyOne?
30-06-2010, 06:56 AM
....and a USA-Spec adaptor.....

Sudesh
30-06-2010, 08:43 PM
I would keep going! I had a changer in a few years ago that had a similar fault and I took it out opened it up and released the stuck CD and slide. It was also full of dust and flint, so removed that and then greased the runners and spools and it worked fine after and I was talking to the owner recently and he said its still going great!

Thanks Sudesh for the reply......
Bugger!! spent ages dismantalling the CD changer and its bracket from the boot!!! :(
SS

Silver Surfer
01-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks Sudesh.. 2 table knife did the job!
Cartridge out...jammed CD out...Now working perfectly!

Bugger to screw the bracket back onto the car!!! :angry:

SS