PDA

View Full Version : Silver NSX For Sale in N Ireland (County Antrim)

kevinpsw
18-10-2005, 07:21 AM
This car has been for sale for a good few months, on ebay and on Autotrader. Price is now down to only £12500. Has anyone been to see this car? Does anyone know anything about it? Its reg seems to be A18 NSX. Does any member live in N Ireland or know of a suitable (NSX experienced) vehicle inspector there I could use to get the vehicle inspected?

Price is low for a manaul and probably too good to be true.
But it could just be that N Ireland is a bad place to sell a high performance car - ever the optimist!

Kevin

Senninha
18-10-2005, 09:05 AM
This caught my eye too but haven't pursued on the basis that things that are too good to be true usually are :!: I also noticed that it advertised as price reduced by £4k which suggests a bit of desperation is creeping in or something expensive needs doing pretty soon :idea:

I seem to recall that a few years back, Southern Ireland was a good source of 'cheap' second hand cars and that a lot of *** imports find their way to UK mainland from here - not sure if this is relevant/helps.

If it checks out ok then you could have yourself one cheap NSX :lol:

slieve_croob
18-10-2005, 08:43 PM
I live about 20miles from the Vendor where this vehicle is advertised.

I have no interest in persuing this vehicle myself as I already own a 32k NSX in pristine condition for a number of years.

Northern Ireland market is volatile. At the top end of the market, there is a good demand for punters who wish to pay top dollar. The middle market is lean. This vehicle at face value is underpriced. This may or may not be a blighted car.

If anyone is genrally interested in persuing this vehicle, I can make some local inquiries within reason to validate the bone fide credentials or otherwise of the vehicle in question.

kevinpsw
19-10-2005, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the reply and the info on the N Ireland market.

I have contacted the dealer and asked a long list of questions. Once I get a reply and, if it seems promising, I will look closer. Where do you get your car serviced? They must have an NSX trained mechanic who could do an inspection. I live in London so it would be a very long journey to take a look myself.

The car's advert makes no mention of any service record which is either odd or an indication that there isn't one. It also fails to mention the mileage; perhaps it is very high?

Paul G
19-10-2005, 09:33 AM
Kevin,

Here's a link you might find useful http://nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=864 from memory I think the cars is an import (not 100%) *EDIT - link fixed

Just as a pointer, my brother's car has been reduced by £3000.00 over the last few months, it's a uk car with full history (please see previous adds) It's now at £16000.00, which I feel is very realistic, every other car advertised seems to be, automatic, import, no or little history and yet not one person has come to even look at ours! maybe we should put the price up?

The car hasn't been reduced because we think or know anything is about to go wrong, it's more trying to find what the value of these cars should be. Would appricate comments / suggestions on what current owners feel these earlier cars fetch?!

Kevin, as you probably know by know, I have sent you my mobile number if you would like to talk re Andy's car, it's easier for me to talk than type (especially when at work- can all ways find quite room, as opposed to get shutting the NSX page down eveytime someone comes into my office!)

Good luck with your search, I hope you find what your looking for

Regards

PG

slieve_croob
19-10-2005, 08:35 PM
NSX Prime have a very good checklist for reporting. You can find it on their website.

Regarding servicing NSXs in N Ireland, Mc Garrity Honda Boucher Rd Belfast, have in their employ. a dedicated NSX Technician who has been there for a number of years. In the early days, sales of NSXs in NI were extremely buoyant.
In addition he was a NSX Acura technician for many years in the US where he has had extensive experience in dealership servicing and in modified NSXs.
Mc Garrity family have had a long long tradition in racing /competition and laterally on the international scene.

If you are interested, I suggest that you speak to Neil the Service Manager in Mc Garrity's.

http://www.belfast-honda.co.uk/serviceonly.asp

to ascertain the cost of an independent verification check /report. If the vendor is willing to submit his vehicle such a vetting, then you can make the appropriate decisions.

Harold Mc Garrity & Sons
35 Boucher Road
Belfast
County Antrim
BT12 6HR

Tel 028 9066 2211
Fax 028 9066 1242

I trust that this may be of benifit to you.

Regards

Seamus.

kevinpsw
27-10-2005, 05:19 AM
Seamus,

Thank you for the research and the advice on NI-based NSX technicians.

What I have been able to find out suggests that the car could be both a grey import (not that this should be a show-stopper) and one that has suffered accident damage at some point.

More significantly perhaps, the dealer has not answered my 'searching' questions about service history etc. This lack of response might be just inefficiency but it could also indicate that the news is not good.

I am away abroad for 3 months from the coming weekend so it will now not be possible for me to see the car for a while. I have viewed a couple of others that are closer to home so my knowledge of NSXs and my ability to judge value for money should be improving. Who knows, A18 NSX might be for sale for even less when I return to the UK in January!

Thanks again,

Kevin

Senninha
10-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Paul G,

Checking this post but couldn't access the link you posted :?

Would it have expired or could you reload please?

This has now dropped to under £12k :!:

artske
06-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Hi All

I have been emailing this company but have had no reply, was planning to fly over to view on Saturday but after reading the posts I have changed my mind. Ive waited 12 months for the right one I can wait another if necessary.
All that glitters ......!!!!!

Senninha
06-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Same conclusion I came too ... if they dont respond to calls or emails, hwat else wont they do??

The right NSX is out there, we just need to be patient :)

Senninha
09-12-2005, 12:29 PM
Okay,

For anyone who may be interested, I have spoken with Mr Stewart (owner) today ref this NSX which is now advertised at £9,995 :!:

He bought car in September 2003 as a CAT C vehicle with OSF wing damage. He has used the NSX as his own car and had vehicle totally resprayed so claims body shows no damage/stone chips. He says vehicle has been used for local 'shows' and video shoots??

Vehicle has 95,000 miles but has NO service history as this was misplaced by the insurance company from which he purchased NSX. Apparently the vehicle originates from the Blackburn area and is a standard UK manual.

Clutch was replaced 200 miles ago. Only declared fault on the vehicle is a headlight relay/motor that requires replacement.

Mr Stewart is happy for the vehicle to be inspected.

kevinpsw
12-12-2005, 03:23 PM
I contacted an NI-based Honda dealership to see about getting the silver NSX inspected. They remembered the car, presumably having already inspected it for someone else and, quote, "It would be quicker to list what is not wrong with it". Clutch, gearbox, traction control etc. The current price is, of course, now very low but, even if the clutch has since been repaired, it could still be some £1000s to put the other things right. It is not for me to put anyone off as I am hardly an expert but I post this just so anyone considering making the journey knows what to expect. :(

Senninha
12-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Sounds like this NSX is destined to become either a project for someone or a cheap(ish) track car... strip out all the road items and ebay them (or sell here) to pay for the box overall and upgrades to go racing....

Rob_Fenn
15-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Yep, it would make a good track day car i reckon.

simonprelude
15-12-2005, 12:12 PM
Are there any problems bringing cars in from Ireland ??

Anyone fancy going halves on it ??

Probably get a few quid for the plate off someone as well ??

slieve_croob
15-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Given that I am resident in NI, I am probably best placed to answer your query.

My NSX was sourced in the UK, and all that was required was a "Certificate of permanent export",a routine matter, this being issued by the DVLA on request.
I am not sure of transferring in the reverse direction, but would not anticiapte a problem, as cars are imported and exported in both directions / in huge numbers from auction sites / leasing companies, to satisfy different sectors of the s/hand market.
In any case, you can make it a condition of sale that the vendor suppies all relavent documentation in this respect.

There are no Vat ot tax implications of any kind.

If you require some specific help, revert with your queries.