PDA

View Full Version : NSX Rear Calipers

Chris_Gee
17-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Hi all

I was wondering if any of you guys and girls had any good condition Rear Calipers from an NSX.

I know for defo that the one's from a 3.0 V6 Sports 1990 - 2001 or a 3.2 V6 Sports 1998 - 2005 would do just perfect, tho im sure they used the same ones on all NSX's tbh

Good working condition would be ace 8)

Or if anyone knows of any in scrap yards etc... as ive tryed all my local ones and unsurprisingly come up with nothing :(

Many Thanks

Chris_Gee

TheQuietOne
17-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Hi,

Are you recreating the legendary NSX powered CRX from Prime...and need something to stop it?

M.

Chris_Gee
17-10-2005, 06:10 PM
heheh nahh

Im makeing a project track Civic, ive got some NSX front calipers, but i dont have any rear calipers at all, so i thought might as well go for nsx all round, no one else has tryed it yet.

Over kill yes, but at least ill know i can stop :)

Kevin
17-10-2005, 06:36 PM
3.0 and 3.2 are different calipers. The caliper body is the same, that bracket changes to accomodate larger discs.

Although the fronts can be changed from NSX to other cars easily, as there is some commonality in disc thickness, I think the NSX is the only Honda to have a ventilated rear disc. The caliper the same spec as a Legend's, except for the increased thickness.

But why use heavy, cast iron calipers on a track car anyway?

Also is using both calipers from a mid engined car a good idea on a front engined one? The NSX is biased towards the rear more than a front engined car would be, so you may have the rears locking up on you. Just a thought.

Chris_Gee
18-10-2005, 07:14 AM
But why use heavy, cast iron calipers on a track car anyway?

Well i wanna fit them under 15' alloys, and i dont have the cash to go spending out on lighter calipers.

Its either NSX ones with the 282mm disks, or ill try and get some prelude 262mm ones.

TBH i dont know exactly what will happen, and as i said i cant fiund anyone whos done this upgrade before (on the rears) but someones gotta be the first to try i guess..

Anyway if anyone has some for a decent price then i would love to give it ago :)

Thanks

Chris_Gee

TheQuietOne
18-10-2005, 07:39 AM
Hi,

I'll be surprised if no-one on www.Honda-Tech.com has tried it, you might want to post on there and find out before you spash more cash on it(unless you already have)!

Cheers,

Matt.

britlude
25-10-2005, 09:01 PM
if all else fails, this place does all different calipers (willwood)
for whatever you want...

Rally Design... http://www.raldes.co.uk/

david_f
03-02-2006, 12:43 PM
I have OE rear (and front) calipers for sale, as well as nearly new OE discs. £75 per item per corner or £499 the lot!

Cheers, David.