PDA

View Full Version : Different Rear Lights...

Silver Surfer
21-06-2010, 09:40 PM
http://www.imagdesigns.com/images/DSCF0563sm.jpg

As seen for sale on Prime:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136171

Does give it a modern look allbeit Ferrarish.

SS

Boomin33
21-06-2010, 09:47 PM
errr... Ferrarish. are you sure ;)

I think something long and retangular would look sweet... but maybe too much with the brake light?

Nick Graves
22-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Screams "I wanted a Ferrari but I'm too damned poor!"

Or "I've got an identity crisis"

Lankstarr
23-06-2010, 06:03 AM
definitely looks updated, but maybe too fezza like

Rob_Fenn
23-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Screams "I wanted a Ferrari but I'm too damned poor!"

Or "I've got an identity crisis"

My thoughts exactly...

gumball
23-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Another angle of his car,
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z148/gumball3ooo/honda-nsx.jpg

Thoughts on the McLaren-esque roof intake?

Nick Graves
23-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Fine if it's functional.

Otherwise the picture screams; "I cannot afford an Exige S or an F40"

gumball
23-06-2010, 05:01 PM
But there are many different cars reminiscent of others, I'm not too keen on the rear lights Myself(neither is the owner by the looks of it), but the intake works for me, inspired by Murray's car, as Murray's car was inspired by the NSX.

markc
23-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Fine if it's functional.

Pointless if it's not!

Not keen on any of it really but the spoof C pillar is particulary wrong.

Cheers

Mark

Nick Graves
24-06-2010, 09:57 AM
I sort of understand if one wanted to update the styling for fashion purposes.

But then the reference point would be the HSC or ASC/HSV, in order to keep it corporate.

This effort just screams "wannabe" (or Watanabe) and the NSX deserves better. Owners, probably...

I don't see many 348 owners fitting NSX rear lights, for example.

TheSebringOne
24-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Seen this before and its a wannabe Fezza, why would you really do this to a NSX?! Not mine cup of tea.

Nick, I understand the F40 comment, but I don't get your point about the affordability of the Exige S V NSX?

jaytip
25-06-2010, 12:49 AM
Guys you are all sreeming ferrari wannabe,when the skyline has very similar lights.Is that a ferrari wannabe too.
The lights on the facelift NSX don't look too bad,but the pop up version looks really dated.The ferrari style lights look much better,so why not do a similar design?

Nick Graves
25-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Seen this before and its a wannabe Fezza, why would you really do this to a NSX?! Not mine cup of tea.

Nick, I understand the F40 comment, but I don't get your point about the affordability of the Exige S V NSX?

It was ironic humour. Don't worry. You'll get used to my reductio ad absurdum wit soon enough!

Nick Graves
25-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Guys you are all sreeming ferrari wannabe,when the skyline has very similar lights.Is that a ferrari wannabe too.
The lights on the facelift NSX don't look too bad,but the pop up version looks really dated.The ferrari style lights look much better,so why not do a similar design?

You've missed the corporate identity meme.

It was possibly plagiarism of GM Chevy, but IIRC, the Prince Skyline also had four round rears back in the 1960s and the design nod has recurred regularly since on various versions. Ferrari has also tried to break from tradition (six in the 1970s, 2 presently), but invariably returns to four.

The full-width band was a Honda gag used on various cars for a while and their only really corporate light set. Acura distorts the ends into Routemaster-style arrowheads and intersects the design with a black vent (ASC) or a chrome chipcutter (TL et al.)

Sorry to sound like Eugene Terreblanche, but once you start mixing genes from other manufacturers, it looks terrible. Like those cheapskates who put Ford wheeltrims on their Vauxhall. Just wrong.

I suppose it could be humourous to to a ROVER or MG NSX - a parody of corporate badge-engineering. But I'd like to do that to an R8; I'm unsure whether SEAT or Skoda would be funnier.

nobby
25-06-2010, 11:36 AM
not bad ... have to admit :)

but the price is a bit mental ... even though its bespoke :eek: