PDA

View Full Version : 02 LBB on Pistonheads

gcon45
20-06-2010, 08:48 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1719486.htm

Very nice indeed. Ridiculously low miles.

I'd say this one is Hong Kong bound...

nobby
20-06-2010, 09:12 PM
think this car was on before bud ... Few extra miles since last listing.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1719486.htm

Very nice indeed. Ridiculously low miles.

I'd say this one is Hong Kong bound...

Lankstarr
21-06-2010, 07:58 AM
and a few extra grand!

Given the speed of sale of the black one this wont hang around at that price!

L*

JQD84983
21-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Says sale has been withdrawn? Got cold feet? Its not Papalazarou dabling with the Porsche dark side again is it?

nobby
21-06-2010, 06:39 PM
The car has been on & off for sometime ... Don't think the seller knows what he/she wants to do with the car

Nick Graves
21-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Probably lurks here & has been rumbled again!

Speaking of mind-changing and Pistonheads, who's that Tony Rocco guy with the NSX-R on the way and a nice red car for sale for 40 large ?

;)

rocco1
21-06-2010, 08:58 PM
He's took his car off because ive decided to put mine up for sale.Peter called me and wanted to see how i got on with the sale of my car,when i told Peter that i was taking my car of the market he decided to put his up for sale as he did not want to put his car up for sale the same time as mine.Strange thing was he said the reason for sale is because his wife does not like the colour.So as ive mentioned before im trying to get my hands on a NSX R,and decided to put mine up for sale again,so Peter has deciced to take his off.( I think)

nobby
22-06-2010, 09:02 AM
I honestly dont see the reason in doing this, both are different cars in their own right specifically colour, mileage, price etc ... each car will have merits for different buyers and if individuals are keen on both then they will go to look at both.

Having them advertised at the same time on PH's should not cause hassle and in my opinion provides the potential buyer more choice, and the people who use PH know what they want generally ... perhaps this is something to thing about with likes of autotrader etc

personally i would just stick the 2 cars up and roll with it. you both are selling for very different reasons as well

just my 2p's worth :)

He's took his car off because ive decided to put mine up for sale.Peter called me and wanted to see how i got on with the sale of my car,when i told Peter that i was taking my car of the market he decided to put his up for sale as he did not want to put his car up for sale the same time as mine.Strange thing was he said the reason for sale is because his wife does not like the colour.So as ive mentioned before im trying to get my hands on a NSX R,and decided to put mine up for sale again,so Peter has deciced to take his off.( I think)

Nick Graves
22-06-2010, 09:51 AM
This all seems a bit weird to me too, Nobby. You see the same with other cars & houses, where they're always for sale, but never seem to sell.

I bought mine because I love driving it, I like the specialness of it and I like its sheer bloody Honda-ness. Even Karen quite likes the colour scheme too, now.

In truth, I CGAF about its asset value. That it may actually increase is purely academic, if you want to keep the thing and enjoy it for what it is.

WhyOne?
22-06-2010, 12:36 PM
I tend to agree that all this 'on-off-on-off-the-market' stuff is odd....unseemly even.

As a prospective buyer watching the market (as I suspect purchasers of NSX's do more than just about any other model because of their scarcity) I would find it very off-putting, doing neither car any favours.

Nick Graves
22-06-2010, 01:01 PM
"Unseemly"

Great expression and perfectly apt!

markc
22-06-2010, 02:09 PM
So as ive mentioned before im trying to get my hands on a NSX R...

Just to egg you on Tony, we've heard this soooo many times before. Make sure you go through with it or you will be ridiculed here ;)

I honestly dont see the reason in doing this, both are different cars in their own right specifically colour, mileage, price etc ... each car will have merits for different buyers and if individuals are keen on both then they will go to look at both.

Having them advertised at the same time on PH's should not cause hassle and in my opinion provides the potential buyer more choice, and the people who use PH know what they want generally ... perhaps this is something to thing about with likes of autotrader etc

I agree with the seller/s here. It's simple really, less choice means less bargaining power for the buyer. Let's face it we'd all try the "there's another one I'm looking at that's a bit cheaper/newer/better" line, why give them the option if you don't have to.

This all seems a bit weird to me too, Nobby. You see the same with other cars & houses, where they're always for sale, but never seem to sell.

Indeed you do. I think these people are either pure speculators or attention seekers.

I can understand the former, after all EVERYTHING is for sale at a price but the latter is plain weird. What sort of person actually wants people coming round viewing their car or house when you have no real intention of selling??? Maybe they have no friends or just like to show off their stuff to strangers :)

"Unseemly"

Great expression and perfectly apt!

Quite so old chap. We can't accept that sort of ungentlemanly conduct around these hollowed forums. I'll wager that the bounder occasionally leaves the house without wearing a necktie and rarely doff's his hat to ladyfolk :)

Cheers

Mark

rocco1
22-06-2010, 02:43 PM
I want to make it clear i will buy a NSX R if i can find what im looking for,ive been promised by a very close friend that his man is 100% confidant,that his agent has a NSX R with 300klms and would cost around 115/120k on the road in the UK.The only problem is there is a third party involved who we dont know and too much money to lose,but saying that it worked ok in the past with the Skyline R35.And if it dosent pull off then i will still have the one ive got,as i have founds to buy before i sell.

Sudesh
22-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Genuine 300klm NSX-R for £115/£120k on the road! Thats a bargain, get it bought. Is it white?

I want to make it clear i will buy a NSX R if i can find what im looking for,ive been promised by a very close friend that his man is 100% confidant,that his agent has a NSX R with 300klms and would cost around 115/120k on the road in the UK.The only problem is there is a third party involved who we dont know and too much money to lose,but saying that it worked ok in the past with the Skyline R35.And if it dosent pull off then i will still have the one ive got,as i have founds to buy before i sell.

rocco1
22-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Genuine 300klm NSX-R for £115/£120k on the road! Thats a bargain, get it bought. Is it white?
Yes its white,just have to wait till next week beforte i hear any more.I know its a bargin,may be too much of a bargin.

Lankstarr
23-06-2010, 05:57 AM
I tend to agree that all this 'on-off-on-off-the-market' stuff is odd....unseemly even.

As a prospective buyer watching the market (as I suspect purchasers of NSX's do more than just about any other model because of their scarcity) I would find it very off-putting, doing neither car any favours.

Concur. Mind you, if they want one, they have to like it or lump it!

Lankstarr
23-06-2010, 06:01 AM
Yes its white,just have to wait till next week beforte i hear any more.I know its a bargin,may be too much of a bargin.

About time some NSXs came back over here, buy a few and reset the balance!

If you can land it then it will be far more special than any old porka - one of only two in the country. Silly question, but with that mileage how much would you drive it?

L*

rocco1
23-06-2010, 08:21 AM
If all goes to plan then then 2/3k the first year then maybe 1500miles a year as i will no doudt be dreaming of getting the Scud 16M.

nobby
23-06-2010, 09:34 AM
hope you get it mate, and its as fresh as you have been led to believe. be great to get another one into the country. would defo be great to see one in the flesh (so to speak), defo make a journey to any meets next year if all goes to plan

ohh BTW ... just drive the fecking thing when you do get it! :D

Lankstarr
23-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Keep the milage low and sell to me when you get the scud lol

gunner2010
24-06-2010, 05:57 PM
the lbb car has once more gone from the classifieds...very odd.

gunner2010
07-07-2010, 07:46 PM
back up for sale i see...any thoughts?

nobby
07-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Have no clue what the owner/seller is doing? Obviously they have no clue either! :(

VERY SAD. Rocco was in touch with them at one point ... he mite know the score.

NSX 2000
08-07-2010, 08:09 AM
back up for sale i see...any thoughts?

One doesn’t like to use these sort of stereo types but on this occasion I think it is justified.

Perhaps it's a woman selling it :D

jaffaz32
08-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Pure NSEX!! love it.

Nick Graves
08-07-2010, 03:12 PM
One doesn’t like to use these sort of stereo types but on this occasion I think it is justified.

Perhaps it's a woman selling it :D

Wrong:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/member.php?u=992

2 x posts in 4 years? Does all seem rather unusual...

If only he'd ask, I'm sure we'd help him write a better ad.

NZNick
08-07-2010, 08:43 PM
I saw the ad up with the three pics a bit earlier today - nice car, poor ad.

I looked again just an hour or so ago - the message "ad withdrawn" appeared....

WTF is going on ?

Sudesh
08-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Just noticed that too! Really poor selling or is that not selling technique lol

Nick Graves
09-07-2010, 11:05 AM
:D

It's almost as if he puts the ad up, gets rumbled on here, notices whilst lurking, thinks "oh s hit" and pulls it, hoping he won't get spotted next time!

Or something equally as daft.

nobby
09-07-2010, 12:43 PM
if the person lurks around in here and has not seen from wks ago what people think of what they are doing, then that person is completely blind and not totally with it!

i CANNOT believe it has gone off again ... thats crazy. :eek: The car pictured is a fine example and requires a GENUINE write up and even more pics. If the owner would simply do this and quit farting around they may end up selling the blasted thing to someone who actually wants to buy

Unbelieveable, your either SELLING or your NOT :no:

:D

It's almost as if he puts the ad up, gets rumbled on here, notices whilst lurking, thinks "oh s hit" and pulls it, hoping he won't get spotted next time!

Or something equally as daft.

Nick Graves
09-07-2010, 07:55 PM
if the person lurks around in here and has not seen from wks ago what people think of what they are doing, then that person is completely blind and not totally with it!

i CANNOT believe it has gone off again ... thats crazy. :eek: The car pictured is a fine example and requires a GENUINE write up and even more pics. If the owner would simply do this and quit farting around they may end up selling the blasted thing to someone who actually wants to buy

Unbelieveable, your either SELLING or your NOT :no:

That's what I cannot work out - the car was bought unseen over the phone, from a very genuine seller.

If that guy were a genuine NSX enthusiast (registered for several years!) and not just a chancer, then he'd surely hang onto it. But if someone were after a quick buck, they'd put up better than a txtspk ad and then pull it and push it.

Since I was genuinely interested in the car in the first instance, it's kinda looking like fighting talk...

However, one must never assume malice where stupidity is a more plausible alternative.

rocco1
09-07-2010, 09:15 PM
That's what I cannot work out - the car was bought unseen over the phone, from a very genuine seller.

If that guy were a genuine NSX enthusiast (registered for several years!) and not just a chancer, then he'd surely hang onto it. But if someone were after a quick buck, they'd put up better than a txtspk ad and then pull it and push it.

Since I was genuinely interested in the car in the first instance, it's kinda looking like fighting talk...

However, one must never assume malice where stupidity is a more plausible alternative.
He will sell the car for £43k

Hagasan
09-07-2010, 09:18 PM
I used to think it was savvy people who bought NSX's......now I wonder if it's just idiots....

WhyOne?
09-07-2010, 09:21 PM
He will sell the car for £43k

I made some enquiries early in this cars tortuous sales process and spoke to the seller.

He said he bought the car & circumstances had suddenly changed, so he needed to sell it.

He claimed it 'wasn't about money'.

Something I find increasingly difficult to believe as time moves on.

He is doing neither himself nor the car any favours with this bizarre behaviour.

rocco1
09-07-2010, 09:25 PM
he wanted to do a swap with my nsx and money his way as his wife did not like the colour,so why buy a car and you dont like the colour?

Sudesh
09-07-2010, 09:36 PM
He will sell it for £43k???

The last time it was on which was a day or two ago or what ever, as its like a yo yo, it was advertised for £39,995!

rocco1
09-07-2010, 09:43 PM
He will sell it for £43k???

The last time it was on which was a day or two ago or what ever, as its like a yo yo, it was advertised for £39,995!
Maybe he has sold it, he sent me an email saying he would put his up for sale around £43k but did want to sell his same time as mine!

nobby
09-07-2010, 10:18 PM
he advertises the car for 39995, i saw that too, and NOW he wants 43 WTF?! :no:

He obviously has no idea what he is doing nor what he wants to do. The whole behaviour is totally bizzare, he is either selling or he is not and he must put at least a figure on the car to allow people to see his intentions

also his wife must be one extremely picky bint, cause that car is absolutely lovely, how could you not like it?! :eek:

he also needs a good slap for listening to her ;), its not as if its flippin pink or something ... or perhaps thats what she wants?

Honestly some men need to grow a set these days... far too often i see men hen being pecked to death. there has to be give and take on both sides. When it comes to cars my wife (bless her :)) has absolutely little or no say in the matter, the way i have little or no say as to what happens in our garden! (thank you God!)

perhaps thats why i bought a yellow NSX LOL!

in all seriousness i wish this guy would just GROW UP. either sell the blasted car and be done with it or just keep the car and tell the wife to shut her piehole

For crying out loud its NOT supposed to be this DIFFICULT

Marky
10-07-2010, 12:10 AM
I think the Long beach blue is amazing and really shows off the car, BUT and this is a big BUT (scuze the pun), the paint is IMPOSSIBLE to match. My LBB was a 2003 model and was in the bodyshop for 6 weeks trying to get a colour match. Even the paint supplier couldn't help! When I collected my black 05 NSX from Honda Chiswick on Thursday they told me a similar story with a LBB car they had. Buyer beware.

Looking forward to meeting Paul and Noel on Sunday, will take some photos and post on here.

Lankstarr
10-07-2010, 06:47 AM
also his wife must be one extremely picky bint, cause that car is absolutely lovely, how could you not like it?! :eek:

he also needs a good slap for listening to her ;)

Steady on there nobby; this is an open forum and if I were selling this car and reading you calling my wife a picky bint it'd be you getting a slap at the next car meet!

I'm not defending the selling tactics (although it's his car and he can do what he wants) but think there's no need to make comments like that.

L*

nobby
10-07-2010, 07:49 AM
C'mon she must be!!! Why on earth would u not like this car/colour? She has to be real fussy man ... I showed my wife the car and she knows very little about cars and she thought it was Real nice ... Blue or red for her btw. And I mean 'bint' in a nicest way; just referencing the fairer sex! :)

Papalazarou
10-07-2010, 07:50 AM
This thread is a farce. Why does everyone feel it necessary to play classified detective? It's just someone selling a sodding car. Who cares whether the advert's not accurate, if the vendor wants to make an extra buck or if he or she feels the need to withdraw then re-advertise.
This and the, should I sell my car threads and I'm losing the will to live.
This forum appears to be on a slippery slope of late.

NSXGB
10-07-2010, 08:24 AM
This thread is a farce. Why does everyone feel it necessary to play classified detective? It's just someone selling a sodding car. Who cares whether the advert's not accurate, if the vendor wants to make an extra buck or if he or she feels the need to withdraw then re-advertise.

+1

I thought we had an agreement on here not to 'diss' classifieds?

Sudesh
10-07-2010, 08:33 AM
James its got nothing to do with being an add detective!! Or them changing the add wording or photos.

It's just plain and simple to see on this one lol

For example,

The car goes up forsale today at 9am then 20mins later it disappears.
Then it's back up forsale 2 day later but disapperar an hour later,
Then the following day its back up, but the next day its gone
Then a week later back up, but in 10mins its gone
Then 3 days later, it re appears but by the end of the day its gone
Then 5 day later well you get the idea lol

gcon45
10-07-2010, 08:37 AM
I didn't start this thread to 'diss' the classified ad in question.

I started it to discuss a nice NSX that was for sale on Pistonheads and seeing as the NSX is pretty rare and this is 'General NSX discussion' I thought this would be the place to do so.

The NSXCB thread Gestapo obviously disagree...

NSXGB
10-07-2010, 08:48 AM
I didn't start this thread to 'diss' the classified ad in question.

I started it to discuss a nice NSX that was for sale on Pistonheads and seeing as the NSX is pretty rare and this is 'General NSX discussion' I thought this would be the place to do so.

The NSXCB thread Gestapo obviously disagree...

YOU didn't, correct. It just happens to have gone downhill from there...

Nice car, I'd have it in a heartbeat if he'd take a Silver pop up in PX. :)

Ewan
10-07-2010, 01:24 PM

... and you've never started a "should I sell my car / what should I get instead" thread, ever, have you now James :D ;)

Nick Graves
10-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Maybe the forum's just grown some balls at last, instead of being too genteel or whatever to hold or to formulate a controversial opinion?

The demographic's also bound to change, now the car is old and relatively affordable. Many idiots can now afford to buy one. I know I have recently...

Then again, that rather assumes that it was exclusively bought by those with as much sense as money in the first instance.

Furthermore this particularly exceptional example of the car deserves better than this seemingly Pythonesque treatment.

nakamichi
10-07-2010, 03:27 PM
"The demographic's also bound to change, now the car is old and relatively affordable. Many idiots can now afford to buy one. I know I have recently... "

That seems to imply that people that could afford to buy an NSX new and were ,presumably,quite "well to do" ,couldn't possibly be "idiots" unlike the poor sods like me !! :)

havoc
10-07-2010, 03:39 PM
"The demographic's also bound to change, now the car is old and relatively affordable. Many idiots can now afford to buy one. I know I have recently... "

That seems to imply that people that could afford to buy an NSX new and were ,presumably,quite "well to do" ,couldn't possibly be "idiots" unlike the poor sods like me !! :)

I think I know what Nick's getting at - when new/nearly-new, the NSX was "the thinking driver's choice" over the 911 etc. Now, at £20-40k (for good ones), it's an alternative to a LOT of machinery, and over time has developed a good reputation in the automotive press, so you're going to get people buying it who just want to 'try it out', rather than people who are genuinely passionate about it. You'll also get (as we've seen) people trying to profiteer off the limited supply.

On here, likewise, we're now getting a real mix:-
- younger-than-average owners, buying it either off the reputation or because it was their poster-car when younger;
- Collectors who think now is a good time to buy one, as they near the bottom (hopefully) of their depreciation curve;
- Honda-philes like me and Nick who have lusted after the car for years, finally have one, and are very passionate about it;
- Repeat-owners and long-term owners who can't bear to part with the car (or do, regret it, and come back)
- ...and others too who I've forgotten about (add as relevant)

As for the thread...I can understand the criticism of the direction it's taken, but if money was no object my ideal NSX would be a LBB 3.2 Targa, and I'm finding it frustrating to see someone WITH that car just messing around - the owner is the one who's caused all of this. To use an indelicate phrase: "either sh*t or get off the pot!"

NSX 2000
10-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Steady on there nobby; this is an open forum and if I were selling this car and reading you calling my wife a picky bint it'd be you getting a slap at the next car meet!

I'm not defending the selling tactics (although it's his car and he can do what he wants) but think there's no need to make comments like that.

L*

I hate agreeing with L* (Luke) but on this occasion nobby your comments are a bit strong.

This is a public forum, and a very nice one at that, we don't want to end up like a porche or ferrari forum, stuck up our own bottoms!

Just my opinion of course :D

Paul.

Papalazarou
10-07-2010, 03:55 PM
+1

I thought we had an agreement on here not to 'diss' classifieds?

We did, some people got their fingers burnt with inopportune comments, so we stopped doing it, for a while.
I guess I'm just bored with it all. No offence to anyone. I'm just finding it all a little flat and predictable.

Cheers,

James.

NSXGB
"either sh*t or get off the pot!"

:laugh:

nakamichi
"Honda-philes like me and Nick who have lusted after the car for years, finally have one, and are very passionate about it;"

I like to think I am in that camp aswell.I had to wait for the price to get down to my affordabilibilty.
If I could have afforded £50k plus in the early nineties,I would have bought one.
It was a toss up between a Lotus Esprit,TVR Cerbera or a Vauxhall Monaro.
I think I chose wisely although I still hanker after an Esprit.Mind you,I saw one today at a Classic motorshow and it looked very,very dated.
Still liked it though ! :)

nobby
10-07-2010, 04:16 PM
guys, i meant it in a 'banter' way ... AND I still think the lady is PICKY ... SAD BUT TRUE

You 'mainland' guys are too easy offended :eek:

c'mon there was NO malice intended :no: LIGHTEN UP!

I hate agreeing with L* (Luke) but on this occasion nobby your comments are a bit strong.

This is a public forum, and a very nice one at that, we don't want to end up like a porche or ferrari forum, stuck up our own bottoms!

Just my opinion of course :D

Paul.

Papalazarou
10-07-2010, 04:19 PM
:laugh:

You're right, it's time to go.

It's been fun.

Cheers, James.

AR
10-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Is about the time for:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4692/ibtl1.jpg

Nick Graves
10-07-2010, 05:27 PM
I find those "internet memes" far more offensive than tongue-in-cheek references to "bints" or whatever. Simply because they're a bit like those chavvy birthday cards which aren't funny and I know people can do wittier/more cutting better themselves. Doesn't mean they ought to be banned or whatever.

And don't get yer Nakamichis in a twist; that "demographic" comment was obliquely as insulting to old & new money alike!

havoc
10-07-2010, 07:57 PM
And don't get yer Nakamichis in a twist; that "demographic" comment was obliquely as insulting to old & new money alike!
What about those poor beggars amongst us who are 'no money' because we've spent it all on the NSX?!? ;)

Regardless, looking forward to taking my 'old yeller' to Silverstone in a couple of weeks...

Nick Graves
11-07-2010, 11:24 AM
What about those poor beggars amongst us who are 'no money' because we've spent it all on the NSX?!? ;)

Regardless, looking forward to taking my 'old yeller' to Silverstone in a couple of weeks...

:D Good one!

To paraphrase Bill Wyman; I spent most of my money on drink, women & NSXs. The rest I just squandered.

Papalazarou
11-07-2010, 07:23 PM
Just took the trouble to read this thread from the beginning and I'll say the following: first of all, Connor, there's nothing wrong with starting a thread about a car for sale. I wasn't aiming anything at you. However, jf I were the owner of this car, bearing in mind that none of us know him, I'd be pretty pissed about what people have said. Havoc, how has he brought your negative comments apon him? You argue that he somehow deserves the criticism, constructive or otherwise.
In the end, it's a car, a very nice one, but still just a car. The worst thing about owning one it seems is the lack of perspective we have when thinking or writing about them.
The owner of this car has the right to submit and withdraw his advert if and when he chooses.
And, as for the forum growing balls Nick, well if exercising our god given right to assassinate someone we do not know, just because his advert displeases members who have a 'rights of passage' complex, seems totally crazy to me.

Anyway, let the pulling apart begin.

Cheers,

James

Sudesh
11-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Personally I now think this thread is done and should be deleted.

Instead of this very rare limited club/members/NSX's being friendly, its starting to take its toll, and we all see different sides have different opinions and whatever, which is fine as thats life, but not when we start bickering over a car; that infact none of us ACTUALLY own and the actual owner himself/herself has refrained from replying on.

So can we all not just get along, "get rid of this thread" and just move on. :)

http://www.mountainhighcamp.com/circlelogo.gif

Papalazarou
11-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Personally I now think this thread is done and should be deleted.

Instead of this very rare limited club/members/NSX's being friendly, its starting to take its toll, and we all see different sides have different opinions and whatever, which is fine as thats life, but not when we start bickering over a car; that infact none of us ACTUALLY own and the actual owner himself/herself has refrained from replying on.

So can we all not just get along, "get rid of this thread" and just move on. :)

http://www.mountainhighcamp.com/circlelogo.gif

I was really looking for this to be getting a little more personal, but if we're all done I guess that's ok with me.

Cheers,

James

Sudesh
11-07-2010, 08:19 PM
You in bad form this week friend?

Just go out, caress you LBB and think how lucky you are to treat it so tender lol

And remember, "Like a camera, you should use negatives to develop" :)

I was really looking for this to be getting a little more personal, but if we're all done I guess that's ok with me.

Cheers,

James

Papalazarou
11-07-2010, 09:14 PM
You in bad form this week friend?

Just go out, caress you LBB and think how lucky you are to treat it so tender lol

I do, but there's normally a bit of a lag.

Cheers,

James

Senninha
12-07-2010, 06:04 AM

I love this line and with permission will be using this again!

regards, Paul

Sudesh
12-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Yes you may lol

I love this line and with permission will be using this again!

regards, Paul

Nick Graves
12-07-2010, 12:02 PM
If differences of opinion must be kept silent in order that people remain friends, it seems a pretty shallow basis for friendship!

I realise it's often more difficult via forum than around a pub table, since the emphasis gets lost in translation; I really don't believe Havoc was having a go, for example. Quite the reverse in fact.

Not advocating pistols at dawn, merely a sense of perspective and above all, humour.

However, that is a different discussion from the original thread, which probably has reached its (il)logical conclusion.

Sudesh
12-07-2010, 12:10 PM
On another note, I noticed the illusive LBB has done the disappearing act one again lol :laugh:

It was back up forsale Friday Saturday and today its gone again :doh:

Papalazarou
12-07-2010, 05:56 PM
If differences of opinion must be kept silent in order that people remain friends, it seems a pretty shallow basis for friendship!

I realise it's often more difficult via forum than around a pub table, since the emphasis gets lost in translation; I really don't believe Havoc was having a go, for example. Quite the reverse in fact.

Not advocating pistols at dawn, merely a sense of perspective and above all, humour.

However, that is a different discussion from the original thread, which probably has reached its (il)logical conclusion.

I pretty much agree. A bit of conflict's not a bad thing. It's tough not to take it personally sometimes, especially if it's been a long day and numerous things have wound you up.
The difference between real life and forums is that the stuff people say online they often wouldn't dare say face to face. This fuelled as you rightly say by unavoidable misinterpretation.
However, for this thread was, on the whole pretty negative even if the original intention was different.

Cheers,

James

AR
12-07-2010, 07:45 PM
The difference between real life and forums is that the stuff people say online they often wouldn't dare say face to face.

Cheers,

James

I agree with you James, alas when I said it it got me a reprand and I was labeled a bully.

Fact is some of us have a "funny" sense of humor, whilst others just take the PI$$!

Nick Graves
14-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Speaking of which, it's now back on P-heads!

Sudesh
14-07-2010, 06:58 PM
WOO HOO!! 2 days and its back again lol

Man I just find this funny now, maybe its a unique marketing trick?

Speaking of which, it's now back on P-heads!

havoc
15-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Where's the 'bang-head-on-a-brick-wall' smiley on NSXCB?!?