PDA

View Full Version : how to reset SRS light?

rocco1
18-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Hello all,well i have finally got my car up and running,but for some strange reason my SRS light has come on,any idea how to switch it off.I have located the OBD port in the passenger footwell and have tried several times to gain acess to air bag modual,but no joy.I have been told there is another port to access for the air bag light,can anyone shed some light on this,many thanks Rocco

Kaz-kzukNA1
19-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi, rocco1.

The Diag port for NSX SRS system is actually on the SRS controller itself. It's behind/under the Alpine Audio Headunit.

There are two connectors (16pin and 18pin) at the front face of the controller and one of them (16pin) is not connected to the chassis loom. This is the one for the diagnosis.

However, there are not much you can do with SRS system any way as all of the sensors are not possible to disassemble. Most of the time, you need to check for the damage/connection on the wiring and also water around the SRS controller.

Just a matter of interest, does your horn and cruise control 'set' and 'resume' switches work?
Did you touch any wires around steering wheel or under the dashboard while trying to figure out the security system wires that you mentioned in other post?

Kaz

rocco1
19-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Hi, rocco1.

The Diag port for NSX SRS system is actually on the SRS controller itself. It's behind/under the Alpine Audio Headunit.

There are two connectors (16pin and 18pin) at the front face of the controller and one of them (16pin) is not connected to the chassis loom. This is the one for the diagnosis.

However, there are not much you can do with SRS system any way as all of the sensors are not possible to disassemble. Most of the time, you need to check for the damage/connection on the wiring and also water around the SRS controller.

Just a matter of interest, does your horn and cruise control 'set' and 'resume' switches work?
Did you touch any wires around steering wheel or under the dashboard while trying to figure out the security system wires that you mentioned in other post?

KazDid not touch the dashboard,we traced the problem behind the seats,also in my car its a Bose sound system and yes the horn works,and so does the cruise control light seems ok.

Kaz-kzukNA1
19-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Looks like you will need to follow the workshop manual to diagnose the cause of SRS warning light. You will need to measure the voltage of each pins against GND level.

Although it says 'Bose Sound System', OEM headunit was manufactured by Alpine. Bose has done the equalization of sound through their Amps, speakers and speaker boxes.

Kaz

rocco1
19-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Looks like you will need to follow the workshop manual to diagnose the cause of SRS warning light. You will need to measure the voltage of each pins against GND level.

Although it says 'Bose Sound System', OEM headunit was manufactured by Alpine. Bose has done the equalization of sound through their Amps, speakers and speaker boxes.

Kaz
Thanks Kaz, will leave it on as it drives without any problems,just dont like the dash light up with SRS.

Hagasan
19-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Thanks Kaz, will leave it on as it drives without any problems,just dont like the dash light up with SRS.

Your airbags will most probably never deply in an accident in this state however.

A quick test would be (disconnect the battery for at least 10 mins first) to remove the cover on the left side of your wheel. Disconnect the yellow airbag connectors. Place the red plug inside the cover onto the airbag connector to make the bag safe. On the disconnected cover loop the two outer pins together. Replace your battery and turn on the ignition. If the SRS light now stays off your car wiring and connectors are probably ok and your airbag is faulty. If the light stays on then there is a fault in the SRS wiring and/or component such are the cable reel behind the wheel or elsewhere....

AR
19-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Are you sure that no cables were touched Tony?

rocco1
20-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Are you sure that no cables were touched Tony?
When you say if no cables were touched,do you mean did i get a spark? Can not remember the cables touching.

Sudesh
20-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Tony what exactly has happened?

You replaced the main relay and airbag light came on? or was it something else?

Raj.p
20-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Nothing under the steering column was touched and same under the dash. The only area we touched was behind the seats.

The main relay area, and around the fuel pump.

The light was not on before all this fault finding.

They only thing I can think of is when a few fuses were pulled to check if they were ok. Maybe that was the cause?

Cheers,
Raj

Sudesh
20-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Cant figure out what would have caused this then as I have had plenty of NSX apart and never had an SRS fault yet.

Might be worth disconnecting the batter for 10/15mins and see if that helps, also try removing the clock fuse to reset ECU.

If none of those work it will need to go on a diagnostics machine.

Sudesh
20-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Also check your fuses, cant remember which one but there is a 10amp fuse that powers the SRS unit, I have read where people had problem with the fuse bowing due to a short in the control unit, also read that if the AC isnt draining correctly then you can get water dripping into the interior and around where the control unit is which would cause problems.

rocco1
20-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Hello Sudesh,thanks for the update will have a go at the fuses and see waht happens.Nice day today,looks like we are about to find how good is a NSX against a 964t,Southport here we come!

rocco1
20-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Guess what guys,im a dope sometimes,ive only placed the fuses the wrong way round,put the SRS fuse,in the fuel pump etc.Any way thanks for the advice,hopefully ill have some happy motoring today,No SRS light to worry about.( im in the Porsche to Southport and then swap cars on the way back)