PDA

View Full Version : A sad goodbye to S5

Lankstarr
18-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Having another NSX on the drive didn't make selling S5 any easier and I have to admit being very sad to see it drive away:(

It looked as good as it ever has in my ownership and far better than when I picked it up four years ago!

I wish the new owner all the best and hope he has a hassle free ownership just like I have.

I forgot to take farewell pics as well so no tribute to S5 thread:(

L*

Nick Graves
18-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Sort of, congrats. I think.

Is it staying in the UK?

Dragonlady
18-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Is he/she a member, or going to be?
It's hard to see them go after so many good drives and memories.

Ian

AR
18-06-2010, 04:57 PM

L*

Congrats my nizzle, but no pizzle, nizzle pleazzel! Sho shizzle.

TheSebringOne
18-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Congrats Luke on the sale, at least you have another newer one to soften the blow! Hopefully the new owner might introduce themself here?

NSX 2000
18-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Having another NSX on the drive didn't make selling S5 any easier and I have to admit being very sad to see it drive away:(

It looked as good as it ever has in my ownership and far better than when I picked it up four years ago!

I wish the new owner all the best and hope he has a hassle free ownership just like I have.

L*

This explains why I saw it heading towards Bristol on the M4 today at about 5pm.

When I saw it I turned to the wife and said, "I wonder where Luke is off too then"

Stuart
18-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Hi everyone

I am pleased to have bought S5 from Luke. He was a pleasure to deal with (as I'm sure those of you on here will know)-thanks Luke.

Whoever spotted me on the M4 earlier was right-I was heading towards Bristol in the worst weather/traffic combo we've had in a while. I took things fairly gingerly but was impressed again at the 'sortedness' of a 12 year old car.

This is my first NSX. I've had some interesting things in the past, including a 928GT and 928GTS, various SL and SLK Mercs (yes, I know!), an RS2 etc. I was encouraged that I'd fit in an NSX having spoken to Luke and found we are the same height (though I'm 15 years older and maybe a bit more corpulent!). I'd been looking at various Bristols for the past few months (no comments please, I am a newbie after all) but couldn't bring myself to take the plunge.

I've followed various threads on this forum for a month or so now, once I decided to buy an NSX, and I agree with Rocco that it's one of the more informative, courteous and generally useful owners' clubs/fora.

I'll be replacing 'S5' with 'S6' as soon as I sort the paperwork-it seemed a shame not to continue with an appropriate registration, especially as they're so cheap.

I look forward to meeting other owners in the coming months

Cheers

Stuart

AR
18-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Welcome to the Pack, I am only over the other side of the bridge.

WhyOne?
19-06-2010, 06:24 AM
Welcome Stuart.

Of course the good people here will congratulate you on having made a great choice of new car (which of course you have.....'NSX, - the thinking mans supercar'!). I must say, I have always had a liking/fascination for Bristol cars.

:)

Nick Graves
19-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Congratulations!

I am a big Bristol fan too. Oo-er missus! The Fighter is the only modern luxury car that displays any sort of tasteful restraint.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the Honda though!