PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

rocco1
17-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all who posted replies to my question "my car wont start".My order of the main relay arrived at my local Honda dealers at the cost of £110.So i replaced the new relay with the old and guess what,it didnt start!!! So eventually with a friend from the RAC who happens to own a Porsche( my Porsche buddie),dropped by and had a look.Eventually we traced the problem down to the immobiliser,someone had added an extra wire somwhere along the line .We managed to put everything back to normal,and she's running fine.So thanks again to all,by the way if anyone out there is looking for a main relay,then i have one for sale.

nobby
17-06-2010, 06:41 PM
mate

i think you should hold onto it as a spare just in case ... apparently a lot on here carry one spare ... i would be interested but dont think its applicable to my year of car ... 94 car

Just wanted to say thanks to all who posted replies to my question "my car wont start".My order of the main relay arrived at my local Honda dealers at the cost of £110.So i replaced the new relay with the old and guess what,it didnt start!!! So eventually with a friend from the RAC who happens to own a Porsche( my Porsche buddie),dropped by and had a look.Eventually we traced the problem down to the immobiliser,someone had added an extra wire somwhere along the line .We managed to put everything back to normal,and she's running fine.So thanks again to all,by the way if anyone out there is looking for a main relay,then i have one for sale.

Sudesh
17-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Good to see your car is up and running again.:) Although now you have mentioned the problem, I'm kinda not surprised in a way as, some of the alarm instillations I have seen on NSX's in the past were shocking to say the least, one car I worked on had 2 or 3 alarms in the one car lol, installers were too lazy to remove the old units so instead just cut wires and left everything in the car.

As Andrew mentioned, I would keep the new relay in the glove box or boot as its handy as a back up, if and when the other one does go.

nobby
17-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Mmmm, I wonder which NSX had this particular problem?! : )

anyway no better man to sort it out and fix up ...

I'm kinda not surprised in a way as, some of the alarm instillations I have seen on NSX's in the past were shocking to say the least, one car I worked on had 2 or 3 alarms in the one car lol, installers were too lazy to remove the old units so instead just cut wires and left everything in the car.

As Andrew mentioned, I would keep the new relay in the glove box or boot as its handy as a back up, if and when the other one does go.

Sudesh
17-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Not yours lol, your's only had the old wiring from the previous alarm still intact but going to nowhere lol Nice bare uninsulated wires though :)

Mmmm, I wonder which NSX had this particular problem?! : )

anyway no better man to sort it out and fix up ...

Nick Graves
17-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Interesting: only t'other day when I had the interior in bits, I was thinking "WTF are all these extraeneous wires everywhere?" and that is, I believe, the Honda alarm!

Sort of fits where it touches - worse than me, even.

Sudesh
17-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Hi Nick,

Honda UK didnt have an actual OEM supplied/manufactured/fitted alarm as far as I'm aware. There alarms were fitted by an outside company called Hamilton & Palmer who fitted alarms for Honda and I believe still do, think they may have been stickered up as Honda also.

I've worked on a previous NSX that had the uk system and was also surprised to see the state of the install and where the brain of the system was actually laying and again, cut/bare wires and some running to nothing.

I would guess this was due to work on the car down the line, as I'm sure H&P know what they are doing as they have been fitting this sort of thing for many years.

Interesting: only t'other day when I had the interior in bits, I was thinking "WTF are all these extraeneous wires everywhere?" and that is, I believe, the Honda alarm!

Sort of fits where it touches - worse than me, even.