PDA

View Full Version : Downforce Stack Intake System

gcon45
14-06-2010, 06:31 PM
http://downforce.biz/cart/product.php?productid=16338&cat=0&page=1

Does anyone on here have any good or bad experiences with this kit?

Got offered one at a good price but a worry I have would be the availability of replacement filter elements in years to come.

Senninha
14-06-2010, 08:01 PM
I've no experience of this kit, but I did install the Procar enlarged intake airbox and inner arch scoop. Following strong RR results several owners have also purchased the Procar item and gained the benefits. I would say that IMO, these intakes only really provide benefit when used with an suitable exhaust upgrade.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=3590

HTH, regards,

Paul

AR
14-06-2010, 08:32 PM
I agree with Paul but pound for pound, not worth it, you are talking a max of 5 BHP do the math.

AR
14-06-2010, 08:34 PM
PS The exhaust is a must.

PPS There is a new exhaust that will hit the market in a month or so.

nobby
14-06-2010, 08:44 PM
dude

any more details re the exhaust due inc price etc?

PS The exhaust is a must.

PPS There is a new exhaust that will hit the market in a month or so.

gcon45
14-06-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm not that bothered about added performance.
The car's quick enough for fast road use IMO.

I had a Gruppe M carbon intake on both my EP3 and DC5.
The induction roar made by the resonance of the carbon airbox was awesome and I can just imagine how good the V6 would sound with a similar system.

As far as an exhaust goes, would adding a freer flowing intake AND exhaust not make the car run dangerously lean?

The air / fuel setting from the factory settings is set fairly rich judging by the emission smell though so maybe exhaust and intake would be fine?

AR
14-06-2010, 09:01 PM
dude

any more details re the exhaust due inc price etc?

All SS, lifetime warranty, high pitched and emissions complaint.

Price will be around £ 750.00

Cheers,

AR

AR
14-06-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm not that bothered about added performance.
The car's quick enough for fast road use IMO.

The induction roar made by the resonance of the carbon airbox was awesome and I can just imagine how good the V6 would sound with a similar system.?

Actually IMHO it is too loud on the NSX.

As far as an exhaust goes, would adding a freer flowing intake AND exhaust not make the car run dangerously lean?

The air / fuel setting from the factory settings is set fairly rich judging by the emission smell though so maybe exhaust and intake would be fine

No problems with the AFR, take out the clock fuse to reset the fuel map and drive it for a few miles.

Cheers,

AR

gcon45
14-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Thanks for that Ary.

I'm in 2 minds about it.

A chap on Prime has offered me a brand new kit in exchange for my old steering wheel and airbag, which seems like a pretty good swap to me but I'm undecided whether or not to go down the modified intake / exhaust route.

AR
14-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Thanks for that Ary.

I'm in 2 minds about it.

A chap on Prime has offered me a brand new kit in exchange for my old steering wheel and airbag, which seems like a pretty good swap to me but I'm undecided whether or not to go down the modified intake / exhaust route.

Only sell your wheel if you are sure you will never sell the car. It is a special one perforated etc.

Just my .2p

NoelWatson
15-06-2010, 05:24 AM
The induction roar made by the resonance of the carbon airbox was awesome and I can just imagine how good the V6 would sound with a similar system.

I think the induction roar sounds better standard - at least compared to Detlef's intake. However, the sucking noise when you blip the throttle is fantastic, as are the power gains when combined with new exhaust (but maybe not sports cats!).

markc
15-06-2010, 08:42 AM
I think the induction roar sounds better standard - at least compared to Detlef's intake. However, the sucking noise when you blip the throttle is fantastic, as are the power gains when combined with new exhaust (but maybe not sports cats!).

Noel, are you sure you got power gains with the airbox alone? I thought you took power measurements as bone stock then with airbox AND exhaust? I'm not sure there's ANY power to be gained from an airbox alone. As you know I'm still on the standard Honda one and made very similar power to the 2 Paul's (Senninha & NSX2000) with the Procar airboxes at TDI.

Re fitting a better exhaust, the one downside, assuming you chose one that doesn't "drone", is that a louder exhaust masks the fabulous induction noise the NSX makes in standard form :(

Cheers

Mark

NoelWatson
15-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Noel, are you sure you got power gains with the airbox alone? I thought you took power measurements as bone stock then with airbox AND exhaust? I'm not sure there's ANY power to be gained from an airbox alone. As you know I'm still on the standard Honda one and made very similar power to the 2 Paul's (Senninha & NSX2000) with the Procar airboxes at TDI.

Re fitting a better exhaust, the one downside, assuming you chose one that doesn't "drone", is that a louder exhaust masks the fabulous induction noise the NSX makes in standard form :(

Cheers

Mark

Noel, are you sure you got power gains with the airbox alone?

No. Not sure how easy it would be to test

As you know I'm still on the standard Honda one and made very similar power to the 2 Paul's (Senninha & NSX2000) with the Procar airboxes at TDI.

Your car is different!

markc
15-06-2010, 12:48 PM
No. Not sure how easy it would be to test

The only way is to dyno with it, then again after refitting the stock one. Same facility (dyno) same day.

Your car is different!

ECU wise, yes but pretty minor I think. Mechanically, personally I doubt it.

I wonder if Kaz has any insight into the engine prep for my car? Kaz, would you care to comment?

Cheers

Mark

TheSebringOne
18-06-2010, 09:55 PM
AR, whats this new exhaust?

AR
18-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Is a new one I will be bringing to the market, cant say much yet but sound clips and pictures should finally be in first week in July. It will allow use of cats and have a unique sound to it.