PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood festival competition

nationofzeros
12-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Fingers on the buzzers, proud NSX owners – HUK are offering goodies for Goodwood (2-4 July) !

The competition is as follows :

The first Platinum club member to send 3 pictures of his or her 100% externally original NSX, plus NSX CB identity, name, mobile number, car year, registration and colour, and address to the following e-mail address , titled ‘NSX CB GOODWOOD COMPETITION’, will win the opportunity to display the car in the pits all weekend (Fri 2 – Sun 4 July), plus 4 tickets to the event as Honda’s guests with full hospitality !!!

honda.events@hondamarketing.co.uk

The first 5 runners up will receive a pair of tickets each for the Friday, including tickets to Bonham’s Auction !!

Remember – you have to be a Platinum member with an externally original NSX ! And the e-mail address for the competition is honda.events@hondamarketing.co.uk

Now go get ‘em!

Silver Surfer
12-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Not 100% original on the outside for a 1991 model.:(

SS

Paul G
13-06-2010, 07:00 AM
100% original, but not a platinum member! ;-( been looking around to see how you get such status, seems I need a paypal account and donation to the site? more than happy to do that, just need to sort out a paypal account and bring myself into the real world..watch this space. If there is a link to follow, and someone knows where it is and can post here that would be appriciated, I might still get in the top 6

Cheers
PG

Dragonlady
13-06-2010, 08:53 AM
Well we have tried - now just need to sit back and wait!

havoc
13-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Replica Type-R spoiler and re-coloured wheels!

D'oh! :(

WhyOne?
13-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Entry submitted.

Fingers crossed now.

Thanks for the 'heads-up' / arranging this Chris.

:)

Ewan
14-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks Chris, for letting us know... don't suppose you've any idea when the "draw" would take place? Just wondering if it's worth booking the 2nd July off as holiday or not ;-)

WhyOne?
14-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Thanks Chris, for letting us know... don't suppose you've any idea when the "draw" would take place? Just wondering if it's worth booking the 2nd July off as holiday or not ;-)

Something I would also be keen to know.....I am intending to buy weekend tickets to the Kinnara Enclosure, but if there is a chance not to spend this £300 clearly I would be happy to take it.

However, these tickets do always sell out, and I would hate to miss the opportunity (and, they cannot be re-sold as you have to be a GRRC Member to use them).

Senninha
14-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Well mines 100% original but maybe not to OEM specification ;)

Good luck Guys and Girls!

markc
15-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Are "the pits" a special HUK area or do they mean the Supercar Paddock? I'm not sure I'd want my car in there (the Supercar Paddock) with the hoards of great unwashed clanking their rucksacks and cameras around the cars!

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/festival-of-speed/vehicle-displays/sunday-times-in-gear-supercar-paddock.aspx

If you are in there though you should get to drive up the hill (driveway) in the Supercar parade :) I have a picture of Rowan Atkinson driving a Spa yellow NSX in the Supercar parade back in 1995!!!

Either way it's a good saving on the entrance fee and you should be able give HUK's bar bill a good spanking while being entertained by their rent-a-totty. Me, jealous... not at all :)

Cheers

Mark

WhyOne?
15-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Are "the pits" a special HUK area or do they mean the Supercar Paddock?

I would be very surprised if it was the supercar paddock - this is very much reserved for the latest and greatest production / concept cars.

A couple of Goodwood FoS / NSX pics from 2006 & 2007:

markc
15-06-2010, 04:25 PM
I would be very surprised if it was the supercar paddock - this is very much reserved for the latest and greatest production / concept cars.

Maybe so but there are usually some old(er) stagers in there like a Diablo or F40 as well as the odd interloping TVR or such like. It seems like the rules goes out of the window by Sunday.

A couple of Goodwood FoS / NSX pics from 2006 & 2007:

Love the second picture... there can't have been much left of the NSX after it was hit simultaneously by those 6 incoming Honda missiles :)

Cheers

Mark

nationofzeros
16-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Something I would also be keen to know.....I am intending to buy weekend tickets to the Kinnara Enclosure, but if there is a chance not to spend this £300 clearly I would be happy to take it.

However, these tickets do always sell out, and I would hate to miss the opportunity (and, they cannot be re-sold as you have to be a GRRC Member to use them).

I will see whether HUK can clarify... and also get them to divulge the lucky winner(s) !

Chris

WhyOne?
16-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks Chris, greatly appreciated.

Dragonlady
18-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Any update on this Chris?
Time is marching on and whoever has won might struggle to get a hotel with only two weeks to go.

Thanks Ian

nationofzeros
18-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Any update on this Chris?
Time is marching on and whoever has won might struggle to get a hotel with only two weeks to go.

Thanks Ian

OK all, HUK have announced not one, but 2 lucky winners, namely (and I dont have your site names at this point so please excuse me using your real ones)

Ewan D and Ian L !!!

According to HUK both cars in question will be displayed in 'the pits'

HUK will be getting in touch next week - Luci Beaufort-Dysart is looking after the logistics of the cars on display and will be in touch with Ewan and Ian next week to coordinate. If this doesnt happen quickly enough, please don't pester me - pester joanne.coaker@honda-eu.com.
HUK are still grappling with the selection of runners up and again hopefully more news next week
Well done all, hopefully this dynamic duo of NSXs will garner many appreciative glances at this epic event !

Chris

WhyOne?
18-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Oh Wow!

IanL!

Dragonlady
19-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Well done guys! Now remember to take good advantage of Hondas hospitality!

Ian

sorepaws
19-06-2010, 03:59 PM
See if you can talk them into lending us the Honda Marquee for SSC while you are there :-)

Ewan
19-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Woo hoo! :)

nationofzeros
23-06-2010, 09:47 PM
OK all, HUK have announced not one, but 2 lucky winners, namely (and I dont have your site names at this point so please excuse me using your real ones)

Ewan D and Ian L !!!

According to HUK both cars in question will be displayed in 'the pits'

HUK will be getting in touch next week - Luci Beaufort-Dysart is looking after the logistics of the cars on display and will be in touch with Ewan and Ian next week to coordinate. If this doesnt happen quickly enough, please don't pester me - pester joanne.coaker@honda-eu.com.
HUK are still grappling with the selection of runners up and again hopefully more news next week
Well done all, hopefully this dynamic duo of NSXs will garner many appreciative glances at this epic event !

Chris

...and HUK can now announce the 2 lucky runners up who I think get 2 x tickets & hospitality for the Friday each...

...Sharon G and Mike J !!

HUK should be in touch direct....

Enjoy !

NSXGB
24-06-2010, 02:15 PM
As good a place to put this as any I suppose...

I have a ticket for the Festival of Speed - Thursday if anyone wants it as I'm now working....first to PM with their address gets it.

Edit: ticket no longer available.

Ewan
02-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Since we knew we'd have to hang around until after the show closed, we rocked up at Goodwood about 12:30, just after the accident that closed the moving motor show (see http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=22157 for details). Honda rightly cancelled their participation in driving up the hill, and their stand area in the hanger was closed down, except for one or two static CR-Zs parked there.

From Friday-Sunday, that hanger (by the startline, on the opposite side of the road from the cricket pitch) will be a static display, and the Honda bit will be a "20 years of the NSX" themed one, with mine & WhyOne?'s cars there. If you're at Goodwood, make sure you stop by for a look ;-)

The main Honda stand looked pretty low-rent compared to the *buildings* that Alfa, Audi & co had put up. There's a small stage area which is being used once a day for "Question of Motorsport"...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4137/4753579416_90bd71885a_b.jpg

That's muggins with the bottle in the face :), ex-Touring car driver Tim Harvey as MC, to my left is "Flash" Gordon Shedden and Anthony Reid (switching his phone off...)

cheers, Ewan

WhyOne?
02-07-2010, 11:23 AM
I enjoyed my day at the Moving Motor Show but the shine was taken of things by the (unavoidable & understandable) decision to abandon running their cars up the hill before my 2:45pm appointment with the Mugen Civic.

During the morning runs, the Mugen had looked and sounded great going up the hill, and was certainly travelling more quickly than most other cars (with the exception of the professionally driven Audi R8's & Ferrari California / 458's).

It was good to wander around the paddocks in relative peace, most cars were on site, and the Red Bull F1 crew fired up last years car for a few minutes during the afternoon.

Honda kindly loaned me a CR-Z for the weekend which provided an interesting drive home....mainly getting to grips with the miriad of information displays!!!

One of the easier ones to understand is the central display which changes colour depending on your driving style (green - Christian driving, blue, normal driving, red - you're killing the planet, behave!)

One of the more bizarre displays comes up at the end of the journey - I wasn't expecting it, so my interpretation may be totally incorrect. However, a series of 'trees' appears in the information window. Of these trees, 1 wasd full of leaves, 3 with just one leaf, and 6 with no leaves at all.

I think this is a summary of the journey driving style?!??!

MUGEN
02-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Honda kindly loaned me a CR-Z for the weekend which provided an interesting drive home....mainly getting to grips with the miriad of information displays!!!

One of the easier ones to understand is the central display which changes colour depending on your driving style (green - Christian driving, blue, normal driving, red - you're killing the planet, behave!)

One of the more bizarre displays comes up at the end of the journey - I wasn't expecting it, so my interpretation may be totally incorrect. However, a series of 'trees' appears in the information window. Of these trees, 1 wasd full of leaves, 3 with just one leaf, and 6 with no leaves at all.

I think this is a summary of the journey driving style?!??!

You are correct; the more trees full of leaves that you get, the more you have contributed to saving the planet (and obviously vice versa), going by your "score" I am guessing you didn't spend a lot of time in economy mode:)

Greybloke
03-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Only just found this thread, and didnt find the Moving Motor Show when I was there yesterday DOH!
Was a great day, with many highlights, I'm sure you guys had a good time too. Well done for flying the flag, and well done HUK for not forgetting our fave car.

havoc
03-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Sounds like it was an interesting day all-round! If either of you are at the Classic in a few weeks, look forward to hearing more about it...

Dragonlady
04-07-2010, 08:36 AM
We had a great day on the Friday, lots of walking, photos and great cars. It did take a while to find the Honda tent for much needed fluids and food, but the hospitality they provided was fantastic. Thankyou Honda and Nationofzeros for the day.
Found Ewan's and Ian's NSX's in the moving show, but was disapointed that they did not rope off the cars.We did ask them to put a notice on the cars for people not to touch, but when we came back later still no notice. The number of people we saw yanking on the door handles trying to gain access I am surprised that they still have handles!
Well done to Paul for letting Tim Harvey borrow his car and give it a good thrashing up the hill climb all weekend, still think they should give you a new set of tyres and a free service:)

Regards Ian and Sharon

havoc
04-07-2010, 01:48 PM
The number of people we saw yanking on the door handles trying to gain access I am surprised that they still have handles!

That's disappointing - esp. as these are older cars (Ian's esp.) and well out of any warranty.

And yes, I'd expect some sort of goodwill gesture from Honda for the loan of such a car for 3 days...the reverse-loan of a CRZ doesn't really count, does it?!?

sorepaws
04-07-2010, 07:34 PM
The "Moving Motor Show" on the Thursday for FoS was quieter but of course less was set up than for the 3 main days. I was one of the lucky ones to get a run up the Goodwood Hill in a CRZ before the "accident" closed the hill. Impressions of the CRZ are that is is very much a 2+2 with (at the moment ) limited power, although interesting that pulling fom low speed in 6th the electric motor cuts in and helps the normal "small engine" low speed judder that you might otherwise experience. Also an experience to drive up the hill I had watched so many dive up in previous years of FoS, and allowed to go as fast as I wanted, given that there were other cars infront with less enthuiastic drivers.

I would like to thank Honda for their hospitality on the Friday - a pleasant environment and a nice place to grab a drink and a bite to eat.

I added a pic of the LFA - surely a collectors car but will it be iconic like the NSX ?

Ewan
04-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Well, I'd say the free tickets & hospitality on Sunday are reasonable compensation for giving them my car for 3 days...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs038.snc4/34277_409663667550_699752550_4923417_4532836_n.jpg

The display in the Moving Motor show was pretty quiet when I arrived Sunday afternoon (since we did most of the exhibits on Thursday, we didn't hurry down for Sunday).

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs090.snc4/35864_409663767550_699752550_4923429_3097592_n.jpg

The Honda display was a little plain compared to others around - many of the other MMS displays allowed visitors to sit in the cars etc, so it's no huge surprise that people might have been trying the handles...

There was a wall display of NSX history but it was pretty subtle - you'd have to have been keen to seek it out to be reading it...

It's understandable the display was a bit flat given the events on Thursday, though.

Two of my fave cars from the day: Lewis H in the McLaren, and the Aston One-77 development car...
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs117.snc4/36215_409663852550_699752550_4923430_947137_n.jpg

havoc
04-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Well, I'd say the free tickets & hospitality on Sunday are reasonable compensation for giving them my car for 3 days...

Yep - just thought you'd got a day on the Thursday and had to leave your car for the weekend.

Like those two cars above - something about the One-77 that I really like...

Senninha
04-07-2010, 09:19 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs090.snc4/35864_409663767550_699752550_4923429_3097592_n.jpg

There was a wall display of NSX history but it was pretty subtle - you'd have to have been keen to seek it out to be reading it...

Ewan,

What's the chances of tracking down that NSX history wall for the club to use at future events???

Regards, Paul

nationofzeros
05-07-2010, 09:03 PM
...for example for the upcoming Silverstone Classic ??

Chris

Ewan,

What's the chances of tracking down that NSX history wall for the club to use at future events???

Regards, Paul

Senninha
05-07-2010, 09:51 PM
...for example for the upcoming Silverstone Classic ??

Chris

Exactly what I had in mind ;)

WhyOne?
06-07-2010, 06:15 AM
It is quite possible that Honda UK would be willing to donate this display - I can't see them using it again (the written chronology of NSX evolution was accurate, but the pictures were jumbled!)

However, as far as I could tell, it was mounted on a single piece of board, making it somewhat unwieldy to store / transport.

I am quite happy to drop the Luci a line if someone is willing to take ownership of the display on behalf of NSXCB? If nothing else, it would look nice on the wall of someones garage?!

Senninha
06-07-2010, 06:47 AM
..........I am quite happy to drop the Luci a line if someone is willing to take ownership of the display on behalf of NSXCB? .............

Please do make the enquiry and we can decide on the logistics/storage if we are able to secure the display.

Many thanx,

Paul

Ewan
06-07-2010, 06:49 PM
I contacted the team today and got word back that the display was trashed when they dismantled it, so no deal, I'm afraid...

rgds
Ewan

Hagasan
06-07-2010, 10:07 PM
I contacted the team today and got word back that the display was trashed when they dismantled it, so no deal, I'm afraid...

rgds
Ewan

Seems the NSX is a love/hate thing for Honda?? Typically short sighted of the company in some respects nowadays.....

Ewan, did you hear anyone bending their ear regarding the pricing of NSX parts in the UK and all their lost sales on parts to the USA etc?

Ewan
07-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Seems the NSX is a love/hate thing for Honda?? Typically short sighted of the company in some respects nowadays.....

Ewan, did you hear anyone bending their ear regarding the pricing of NSX parts in the UK and all their lost sales on parts to the USA etc?

Gary - nope, I didn't. To be honest, most of the people staffing events like this will be from an agency, and even the H-UK folk that would have been there would likely be corporate PR types who might be able to note a grievance, but wouldn't necessarily be in a position to comment about it or do anything other than pass it on.

As for the love/hate thing, well we all know how Honda is keen to turn itself into a purveyor of hybrids rather proper sports cars :(

One guy on the stand did make a comment about people asking when the next NSX is due, though...

... so you never know...

WhyOne?
07-07-2010, 09:52 AM

For posterity, this is what it used to look like!

sassthathoopie
07-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Gary - nope, I didn't. To be honest, most of the people staffing events like this will be from an agency, and even the H-UK folk that would have been there would likely be corporate PR types who might be able to note a grievance, but wouldn't necessarily be in a position to comment about it or do anything other than pass it on.

As for the love/hate thing, well we all know how Honda is keen to turn itself into a purveyor of hybrids rather proper sports cars :(

One guy on the stand did make a comment about people asking when the next NSX is due, though...

... so you never know...

That was me :)

He was trying to suggest that I should change the NSX for a CRZ. Apparently they are 'really quite quick' and have 160 BHP!!

I made it very clear that this was in no way a substitute for a world beating supercar with 70% more power