PDA

View Full Version : New windscreen

nakamichi
05-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Hi
A few weeks ago a large stone cracked my windscreen whilst driving on the motorway.
Yesterday,after waiting two weeks for them to source the screen,Autoglass replaced it.
I have to say what a great job they have done.I got them to do it at their workshop in Hamilton.One of the guys that worked on it was the area trainer and they have fitted it perfectly.
Cost me £75 excess on my insurance.
Thought this may be of interest to anyone needing a replacement screen.

NSXGB
05-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Just out of interest, did they replace the top mouldings?

Sudesh
05-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Thats a good deal! Front screen starts at £778 depending on year model, there is another screen listed at £856

Was just thinking the same thing! Most dont and glue the old one back in.:no:

nakamichi
05-06-2010, 08:17 PM
yes,they did.

nakamichi
05-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Thats a good deal! Front screen starts at £778 depending on year model, there is another screen listed at £856

Was just thinking the same thing! Most dont and glue the old one back in.:no:
the invoice they had from Honda was £672 plus vat.
Glad I didn't have to pay it:)

Sudesh
05-06-2010, 08:27 PM
yes,they did.

Thats fantastic! Good job all round then!

trisnsx
06-06-2010, 07:06 AM
the invoice they had from Honda was £672 plus vat.
Glad I didn't have to pay it:)

Ouch nice to know they got the replacement from Honda and not just a copy as the Tint on other replacements can vary to the original. Did they re-use your windscreen seal with the windscreen or re-use the original.

I have no NSX experience but on the CRX's the seal is seperate and the Honda seal is about £120. If the Windscreen company change it they use a universal seal that is poor quality and has been known to work loose over time.

Sudesh
06-06-2010, 08:43 AM
The window seal comes in 2 parts, the molding and the fastner, price for both with vat is £112.00

Ouch nice to know they got the replacement from Honda and not just a copy as the Tint on other replacements can vary to the original. Did they re-use your windscreen seal with the windscreen or re-use the original.

I have no NSX experience but on the CRX's the seal is seperate and the Honda seal is about £120. If the Windscreen company change it they use a universal seal that is poor quality and has been known to work loose over time.

trisnsx
06-06-2010, 08:48 PM
£112 with VAT is very reasonable. Did they replace that as well then under the insurance or manage to re-use the one that was fitted?

goldnsx
06-06-2010, 10:56 PM
I have a small issue with my windshield and refused to replace it even though the insurance would have paid it because I'm too picky and feared they could do it wrong.

nakamichi
07-06-2010, 07:29 AM
£112 with VAT is very reasonable. Did they replace that as well then under the insurance or manage to re-use the one that was fitted?
they fitted new window sills aswell.