PDA

View Full Version : Selling my car??

rocco1
03-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Hello all, thinking of selling my car as I've fallen in love with a porsche turbo cab 964 at bristol porsche, advertised on pistonheads, as I only bought the nsx as a stop gap, am I doing the right thing?

jonny
03-06-2010, 12:49 PM
:eek: Shortest NSX ownership ever??!

I'd keep the NSX. Definately. But thats just my opinion. Everyones different and if a 964's what you really want then you should just do it :)

nobby
03-06-2010, 12:56 PM
hi

its probably the worst place to ask such a question as we are all passionate about NSX's on here.

I am right in thinking yours is the car previously owned by Baz and featured in Evo a few months back ... that is a superb example of this car, and if i had the cash i would by it immediately

Personally I think you are mad ... but then i have only joined the NSX fraternity recently ... they are a cracking car etc. :eek:

I am not so sure what the porsche is like, but obviously you know a decent car when you see one. It will all depend on you and what u want. For me personally owning an NSX is because:

1. I always fancied one, and hoped to own one at some stage
2. they are quite rare and not the normal run of the mill car, so will always be different than everyone else. With a porsche you will never get this as they all look the same (unless you know them). I'm a bit of a Petrolhead and I get confused ... sorry if that offends but its true
3. they are superbly balanced and such a tightly built car ... i'm amazed at it
4. great drivers car ... maybe a little sedate but i enjoy it. I came from an Evo 8 with 370bhp on tap ... and the NSX dumps all over it when it comes to drive ... its very much you and machine in this car
5. dont know what the bhp is on the new car ... but power aint everything see above

But above all yours is a SUPERB example, and i think you would probably end up regretting the decision down the line. I dont know your circumstances but if you change cars regularly this may not be an issue for you.

at the end of the day if you fancy the german marque then go for it ... sounds like you have a bit of itch anyway and the only way you will ever get rid of it is if you scratch it (and that means buying it) ;). this is why i have ended up buying an NSX recently

your call, 2 very nice cars all the same. nice position to be in :cool:

good luck with whatever choice you make

Hello all, thinking of selling my car as I've fallen in love with a porsche turbo cab 964 at bristol porsche, advertised on pistonheads, as I only bought the nsx as a stop gap, am I doing the right thing?

Hagasan
03-06-2010, 01:50 PM

Used to own a 964 RS myself....I do miss it a bit as it was so flighty and great fun...You've got what appears to be a good example so if you must sell DON'T trade it in to the dealer......You'll probaly turn a profit selling it again privately....

Nick Graves
03-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Yes - if you've not really 'got' the car, I'm sure there's many that will.

Put it back on its correct wheels and please try to find a UK-based NSX enthusiast!

Alf Tupper
03-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Hi Rocco

IIRC from your previous postings, don't you already have a 964 turbo coupe as a "keeper"?

TheSebringOne
03-06-2010, 10:34 PM
If the NSX is a stop gap to something else and you have found your idea car, then go for it. Although I think you might regret it in the future?

AR
04-06-2010, 01:31 AM
Tony the NSX is a bit of a Marmite car. Gte an SC or Turbo it and it might change your mind, otherwise, how much for them OZs??? :)

rocco1
04-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi all,yes i do have a 964t and its for keeps,thats why im thinking of selling the NSX.The turbo cab is one of only 4 made by Porsche Exclusive Deparyment for the world market,and this one is the only one in the UK.How cool is that,and im big sucker when it comes to a 964t and even bigger sucker if its a cab.I do like the NSX but it never hits the spot like like the 964t does(for me).I dont really need the money its a case of storage,but i only will sell the NSX if Porsche Bristol see a bit sense and reduce the price,other than than that i wll keep the NSX,it gets more looks than the Porsche and to be honest drives better.PS have a look at the Porsche 964t cab Pistonheads and maybe you to might understand why i feel like i do.

jonny
04-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Unbelievable mileage but 80k!
Looks a very nice car. Would still keep the NSX though. Never been a porsche fan but that does look a nice car.

Nick Graves
04-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Nope, sorry. Just don't get it.

It's gotta be pre-G series, or it might as well be a 996.

Silver Surfer
04-06-2010, 05:28 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1679490.htm

SS

Sudesh
04-06-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm not a big Porsche fan but the 964 Turbo Coupe is my favourite!

As a potential future investment, I would look at the cab if it could be purchased at the right price, but wouldnt be a keeper for me if I had the coupe.

Beautiful car rocco1! What color is yours?

http://i37.tinypic.com/2mguvqw.jpg

markc
04-06-2010, 07:29 PM
The 965 3.6T (380hp) is one of my favouite Porkers but sorry all air cooled cabs are a bit rubbish... IMHO of course. They're also dynamically challenged compared to the coupes and just because it's one of doesn't make it any good either.

if I wanted a bit of mega fast wind in the hair motoring and a Carrera GT was out of financial reach I'd be investing in a BMW Z8 :)

Cheers

Mark

rocco1
04-06-2010, 07:40 PM

As a potential future investment, I would look at the cab if it could be purchased at the right price, but wouldnt be a keeper for me if I had the coupe.

Beautiful car rocco1! What color is your
My 964 is white and if i manage to do the deal with Porsche Bristol then i will have the best of the best.(my opinion)

Sudesh
04-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Stunning Rocco have a huge liking for the 964 turbo

Remember it from "Bad Boys"

Marcus: "Hey look. Where's your cup holders?"
Mike: "I don't have one."
Marcus: "What do you mean you don't have one? Eighty thousand dollars for this car and you don't got no damn cup holder?"
Mike: "It's a hundred and five thousand dollars and this happens to be one of the fastest production cars on the planet. Zero to sixty in four seconds sweetie. This is a limited edition."
Marcus: "You're damn right it's limited. No cup holder, no back seat, this is just shiny d*** with two chairs in it and I guess we balls dragging the f*** along!"

nobby
05-06-2010, 12:19 AM
as previous just dont' get it ... they all look the same and only someone that knows its special ... whereas an NSX everyone can see that its special ... 80k is serious doe too

WhyOne?
05-06-2010, 07:08 AM
... whereas an NSX everyone can see that its special ...

Hmmm.....not at all convinced by this statement.

I would say the vast majority of 'everyone' either hasn't got a clue what the car is or what is so special about it. (Something I like about NSX ownership).

rocco1
05-06-2010, 11:05 AM

Beautiful car rocco1! What color is yours?

Heres a picture of my 964

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l245/raju_patel/IMG_1049-2.jpg
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l245/raju_patel/IMG_1059.jpg

jaytip
05-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Hmmm.....not at all convinced by this statement.

I would say the vast majority of 'everyone' either hasn't got a clue what the car is or what is so special about it. (Something I like about NSX ownership).
People may not have a clue what it is,but the amount of people who have come up to me over the years asking questions about a car they have no idea of,suggests to me that,yes,it is a bit special.

gumball
06-06-2010, 08:30 AM
I like the old Porsches but not the converibles, the iconic window and roof lines are gone.

markc
06-06-2010, 12:01 PM
I like the old Porsches but not the converibles, the iconic window and roof lines are gone.

Indeed, those are the signature lines of the 911 :)

No harm in making a few bob on a month or so's NSX ownership either :) ... http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1771007.htm

Cheers

Mark

Hagasan
06-06-2010, 06:38 PM

No harm in making a few bob on a month or so's NSX ownership either :) ... http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1771007.htm

Cheers

Mark

Mmm, the price goes up but the mileage goes down?!? Never think it's too clever selling again while the original ad is still up but I guess there are so few available so a buyer might have to accept the situation and price hike. Certainly weakens negotiating a price from the sellers side as it can look like blatent profitteering from the buyers point of view.

Apart from that, just don't get 911 Covertibles at all....I'd rather have the variety and driving enjoyment of the already owned 965 and an NSX than two cars of the same ilk, one with a roof and one with built in rain cover.....Maybe there's a reason why there's so few turbo rag tops....The whole car contradicts itself and wasn't popular with purists/"drivers"?

TheSebringOne
06-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Sorry I know its a special Porsche, but as already stated I never got the convertible thing as its lost that classic shape/lines, purist drivers appeal and to some people, even more of show off car. Also at £80K for a L reg is serious money or a collectors luxury? The white coupe looks rather tasty though.

NoelWatson
06-06-2010, 07:05 PM

Cheers

Mark

Crikey, We have hyperinflation in the NSX market

rocco1
06-06-2010, 07:44 PM
I bought this car(NSX) as a stop gap,i was actually looking for a Scud or a 16M,but just couldnt find one with low miles.Ive always been into my Porkers and when this one came along then it ticked all the boxes for me,so ive decided to sell the NSX.I boughtthe NSX as i liked it,but i like the Porker allot more,i already have 964t,a GTS,S2000,and a 430 and i dont have room to keep anymore,one has to go before i buy again.Saying that i will only sell the NSX if the deal goes through with the Turbo cab.As for as the mileage for the NSX shown on the ad,I could be mistaken as i didnt read the miles showing,so quite possibley it coul;d be 24/25k(sorry).As for as the selling price goes, well we all saw the ad and i bought it,and what i sell it for thats down to me.Its difficult on this forum for some to see what i see in the Porker and also for me to see what you guys see so much in a NSX.Hope i havent offended anyone as this forum is actually far better and very friendly than the other supercar forums.

rocco1
06-06-2010, 07:54 PM
I am also aware of the fact that the old ad is still running,i have nothing to hide thats why the ad has been placed,also there is a NSX on ebay 1991(i think) up for £30k,so £40k ono isnt bad for a 2003 with 24/25k miles with full honda history and 1 former Keeper.already i have been offerd over £36k from an agent who is buying on behalf of a company in Honk Kong.

havoc
06-06-2010, 07:59 PM
I think everyone understands that different people have different passions (and I'm a big fan of the 964 and 993, just don't think I'm a good enough driver to do one justice), but what for me is difficult to square-away is what seems like an attempt to profiteer off the car.

I hope that doesn't offend too much...you're absolutely right that what you sell it for is entirely up to you, but I guess the proof of my comment will be whether, if you get an offer around the previous transaction price, you accept it or not...

JQD84983
06-06-2010, 08:18 PM
I think everyone understands that different people have different passions (and I'm a big fan of the 964 and 993, just don't think I'm a good enough driver to do one justice), but what for me is difficult to square-away is what seems like an attempt to profiteer off the car.

I am sorry but the plain truth is this. Rocco has bought the car at a price that was fair for the last owner. Has put some work in to it (not sure how much) and now wants a change. It is entirely reasonable to get top dollar for the car. He is not a charity.

For me this "Profiteer" stance is BS. If a UK buyer offers what it is worth they will get the car. What seems to happen on here is we get a lot of interest from people who cannot get close to the asking price for these cars and then there are complaints when they go abroad. That is free market forces at work and I don't think Rocco should be demonised for it.

It strikes me that the whole NSX experience is not really his cup of tea any way so good look with the porker and lets move on.

rocco1
06-06-2010, 08:23 PM
I agree with you,but i was good enough to pay what i payed for the NSX,and quite easily the price could have dropped.I payed £125k for a Lambo G and when i sold the G i got back £85k,only covered 1500 miles in the two years of ownership.You win some and you lose some,thats life! As i have said its not money( but it always comes in handy) its the space as i will have to sell the 430 when i get a Scud/16M/458.

rocco1
06-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Mmm, the price goes up but the mileage goes down?!? Never think it's too clever selling again while the original ad is still up but I guess there are so few available so a buyer might have to accept the situation and price hike. Certainly weakens negotiating a price from the sellers side as it can look like blatent profitteering from the buyers point of view.

Apart from that, just don't get 911 Covertibles at all....I'd rather have the variety and driving enjoyment of the already owned 965 and an NSX than two cars of the same ilk, one with a roof and one with built in rain cover.....Maybe there's a reason why there's so few turbo rag tops....The whole car contradicts itself and wasn't popular with purists/"drivers"?
I dont think you understand,this turbo cab,is one of only 4 made for the world markets,this one is the only one made for the UK,you will not see another OEM Porsche 964 turbo made by Porsche,from there Exclusive Depatment at Stuttgart.:)

Hagasan
06-06-2010, 08:48 PM
I dont think you understand,this turbo cab,is one of only 4 made for the world markets,this one is the only one made for the UK,you will not see another OEM Porsche 964 turbo made by Porsche,from there Exclusive Depatment at Stuttgart.:)

I do understand and I've owned a good few Porkers......I'm just not a fan of soft top 911's....even though I have a Targa NSX!! Only a small part of the roof is missing:D I know all about the Porsche exlusive program. Not all the things they do are great. Take the horrible centre consoles the did on the 964 as part of the excusiv program. Rarity is one thing and I can understand that....Rarity doesn't mean you have to like it....Rose tinted glasses etc;)

By the way, I'm just playing devils advocate in my post to a degree. It's your car and completely up to you what you do with it but if it's just a matter of space then I'll look after it for you while you satisfy the Porsche bug:D

Lankstarr
06-06-2010, 09:39 PM
I nearly bought this car for less than you paid but between then and when you bought it the price went up! Please let us know what it goes for as it's good for all of the owners the more you get got it!

They're worth big money in HK, make them pay for it if it's going overseas! I gad a guy interested in my '98 from HK and had 24 emals from him arranging his agent and inspection etc. He's imported a 02 Nsx recently so I thought HD was serious but has been quiet for the last week. I took a deposit today from a uk buyer so it'll be nice to see the car stay in the uk.

L.*

NSX 2000
06-06-2010, 09:46 PM
I am sorry but the plain truth is this. Rocco has bought the car at a price that was fair for the last owner. Has put some work in to it (not sure how much) and now wants a change. It is entirely reasonable to get top dollar for the car. He is not a charity.

For me this "Profiteer" stance is BS. If a UK buyer offers what it is worth they will get the car. What seems to happen on here is we get a lot of interest from people who cannot get close to the asking price for these cars and then there are complaints when they go abroad. That is free market forces at work and I don't think Rocco should be demonised for it.

It strikes me that the whole NSX experience is not really his cup of tea any way so good look with the porker and lets move on.

I agree, and would also add the old adage if we all liked the same things what a boring place the world would be.

NSX 2000
06-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Hope i havent offended anyone as this forum is actually far better and very friendly than the other supercar forums.

Rocco, I'm glad you like the forum and get some of the wierd humour and in jokes :D.

I'm not au fait with other supercar forums but I'm getting slagged off on some of the civic forums, from people who have never meet me or have any idea who I am :(, (I don't post on them just read them). I think sometimes people forget that anybody can read these forums :doh:

rocco1
06-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Rocco, I'm glad you like the forum and get some of the wierd humour and in jokes :D.

I'm not au fait with other supercar forums but I'm getting slagged off on some of the civic forums, from people who have never meet me or have any idea who I am :(, (I don't post on them just read them). I think sometimes people forget that anybody can read these forums :doh:
Just been on the Porsche forum,and i cant believe the 5h*t someone is getting because he got his 964 3.6t £15k cheaper than market value.That dosent happen here,thats why this must be better than most car forums ive been on!

Hagasan
06-06-2010, 10:07 PM

In true celebrity style, "do you know who I am" :laugh:

JQD84983
07-06-2010, 05:04 AM

Good luck to you Rocco if you like it it is your money and you feel you are getting good value for money. For me it looks dated and I would take the NSX every time.

Each to their own my friend.

NSX 2000
07-06-2010, 08:24 AM
In true celebrity style, "do you know who I am" :laugh:

Unfortunately in this celebrity obsessed world we live in, people are just to quick to judge with out knowing the real person :cry:

I'm in a very low place right now and I had been drinking :( Sorry wrong forum:laugh:

WhyOne?
07-06-2010, 08:48 AM
....but I'm getting slagged off on some of the civic forums, from people who have never meet me or have any idea who I am :(, (I don't post on them just read them)...........

So what have you been up to to cause this to kick-off??!?

Papalazarou
07-06-2010, 09:04 AM
So what have you been up to to cause this to kick-off??!?

Perhaps it's Mugen envy?

Cheers,

James.

Hagasan
07-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Perhaps it's Mugen envy?

Cheers,

James.

C'mon....who could be jealous? The top of the range Civic and one of the last NSX's.....:D

That is the nature of the beast(s)......the human and the forum!! Car envy is such an issue in the UK that just doesn't seem to rear it's ugly head in other countries....

AR
07-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Car envy is such an issue in the UK that just doesn't seem to rear it's ugly head in other countries....

Depends on the forums... Chevy VS Ford nonstop in some US forums, let's not even go rotor vs piston!

markc
07-06-2010, 10:40 AM
I dont think you understand,this turbo cab,is one of only 4 made for the world markets,this one is the only one made for the UK,you will not see another OEM Porsche 964 turbo made by Porsche,from there Exclusive Depatment at Stuttgart.

If it were a 964RS or 964 3.6T that came through the special order program I'd agree with you but it's a "humble" 964 Cab with the turbo motor and some extra bits added. Remember Porsche AG (the factory) deemed the Cab bodyshell unsuitable (dangerous?) at that time for the Turbo engine and yet were happy to build one for someone as a "special". There's no way they did the sort of testing that a full production model would get so you effectively have a parts bin special, albeit from the factory. The Porsche market might support high values for this kind of car but I suspect it's mileage is THE major factor in the current asking price, put a few K miles on and you'll destroy that resale value.

All the above being said, if you're convinced and want a topless sister for your other 964T I say go for it. I can think of less cool combo's to have in the garage :)

Surely the fact that my car came through the NSX "Custom Made" program makes it worth much more ;)

I know all about the Porsche exlusive program. Not all the things they do are great. Take the horrible centre consoles the did on the 964 as part of the excusiv program. Rarity is one thing and I can understand that....Rarity doesn't mean you have to like it....Rose tinted glasses etc

Indeed... because they will make any combination the customer asks for there are some pretty horendous results out there. IMHO some of the Tecquipment aero kits are distictly dodgy and as for the Exclusiv program exterior and interior colour schemes, Rubystone Red (Pink) with white carpets and white leather with burgundy "piping" anyone!!!

They're worth big money in HK, make them pay for it if it's going overseas!L.*

Absolutely, make sure you add the NSX'port tax if it's destined for Hong Kong :)

Just been on the Porsche forum,and i cant believe the 5h*t someone is getting because he got his 964 3.6t £15k cheaper than market value!

Assuming it didn't have any "history" (stolen recovered/accident etc) that justified the lower price, I'm just plain jealous of that :)

Cheers

Mark

Nick Graves
07-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Just been on the Porsche forum,and i cant believe the 5h*t someone is getting because he got his 964 3.6t £15k cheaper than market value.That dosent happen here,thats why this must be better than most car forums ive been on!

Oh, I can quite believe it! The forums totally put me off a few years back. I always get a vision of them all being played by Patrick Head in the "Gold Blend" adverts of years ago. Or Gareth Hunt come to that...

I end up feeling a bit sorry for those genuine enthusiasts who bought the cars for the right reasons.

Since the NSX seems to share it switchgear with an ancient Civic, we cannot get too up ourselves about owning the ultimate Honda. Or Acura, or whatever it is called this week...

rocco1
08-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Just had a call from a potential buyer and has offered me £38k,which is not bad,the agent acting on behalf for the buyer in HK has offered me slightley more.I am starting to get rather confused as the value of these cars have ethier gone up or there simpley arnt enough to go around.Just wondering in say 5 years time where the price would be? So i am having second thoughts as to sell or not as i have had no news from Porsche Bristol.Are they really that musch of a rare breed?

AR
08-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Tony I think is the fact that Honda does not have another halo car, people realize how special it is and how much it would take to not only own but maintain something similar.

rocco1
08-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Mad world out threre pal!( so shall i hold out for more?) Sorry guys but what would you guys do if you where in my position?

WhyOne?
08-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Difficult questions!

It seems clear that at the moment the prices for good cars (especially face-lifts, as these appear to be preferred by HK buyers) are very firm, and probably rising.

The cars are relatively rare, and it is inevitable that the number of good cars will decrease through time....making them even rarer.

Whether or not this will mean prices will continue to remain firm or even increase over the next 5 years is anyone's guess however.

It is all a matter of balance between numbers of cars & buyers....the market for the NSX is small, but currently there appear to be more buyers than cars...hence prices rise.

Whether the current enthusiasm for the car will prevail amoungst sufficiently large numbers of people to support prices, who knows?

Hagasan
08-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Mad world out threre pal!( so shall i hold out for more?) Sorry guys but what would you guys do if you where in my position?

If you must sell and buy a Porsche then my ~£80k would go on a mint 993RS or a 997 GT3 but I think we see Porsches from different angles? I'd buy those for driver enjoyment rather than rarity alone....

If the Bristol dealer isn't even in touch what's there to debate unless you want to get rid of the NSX anyway...I though it was one or the other?

I just had a look at that car and those don't look like the genuine Speedline 3.6 3-piece wheels to me. I have owned those wheels (the genuine ones) and the ones on the cab don't look right.....Rarity value/genuine spec-bubble burst?? I'd make further checks if I was you....I think those are non-Porsche aftermarket 3-piece wheels?

WhyOne?
08-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Sorry guys but what would you guys do if you where in my position?

That is a much easier question!!!!

Keep the car!

(However, this forum is probably not the best place to get an wholly objective answer to that question!!!)

rocco1
08-06-2010, 09:47 AM
I can always sell the white 964t and keep the NSX,heads up my bum! Or make some space and just keep the lot.lol

Hagasan
08-06-2010, 09:50 AM
I can always sell the white 964t and keep the NSX,heads up my bum! Or make some space and just keep the lot.lol

Ive edited my post #50.....might be worth a quick re-read?

AR
08-06-2010, 10:34 AM

Rocco I would keep the NSX if I was in your position. As mentioned above, mileage will hurt the Porsche. The NSX is not so much affected by high miles.

Nick Graves
08-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Just had a call from a potential buyer and has offered me £38k,which is not bad,the agent acting on behalf for the buyer in HK has offered me slightley more.I am starting to get rather confused as the value of these cars have ethier gone up or there simpley arnt enough to go around.Just wondering in say 5 years time where the price would be? So i am having second thoughts as to sell or not as i have had no news from Porsche Bristol.Are they really that musch of a rare breed?

Like, yeah!! Rocking horse **** springs to mind. Porsches are as common as Audis by comparison and are in production. Except the old ones; cf. 993 > 996 prices, for example.

I've already explained on the other thread how gold is also extremely rare and is experiencing a similar phenomenon at present. It may well turn out to be an NSX bubble also as the world economy implodes: Whether prices will sustain into the recovery phase or capitulate along with gold prices, remains to be seen.

Since you're not truly captivated by the car, I'd sell on the upwave if I were you.

WhyOne?
08-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Since you're not truly captivated by the car, I'd sell on the upwave if I were you.

Good, objective advice IMHO

AR
08-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Like, yeah!! Rocking horse **** springs to mind. Porsches are as common as Audis by comparison and are in production. Except the old ones; cf. 993 > 996 prices, for example.

I've already explained on the other thread how gold is also extremely rare and is experiencing a similar phenomenon at present. It may well turn out to be an NSX bubble also as the world economy implodes: Whether prices will sustain into the recovery phase or capitulate along with gold prices, remains to be seen.

Or put a supercharger on it and see how you feel about it. :)

Nick Graves
08-06-2010, 11:38 AM
:D

Like wrong-offset wheels, I'm not entirely convinced by the idea of sticking a snail on a Honda engine.

But it's certainly an idea!

rocco1
08-06-2010, 02:10 PM
The owner of the Porsche has not got back to dealers(SOR) looks like he's in no hurry to off load his car.Now thats puts me in a funny postion as i was onlly selling the NSX to make room for the Porker.One more thing as ive said many times before i do like this forum,and i hope all you guys dont take offence if i sell the NSX,as you guys have some serious knowledge of the NSX,and have gave me some very good tips.

AR
08-06-2010, 03:05 PM
:D

I'm not entirely convinced by the idea of sticking a snail on a Honda engine.

That is like soo your opinion man...:)

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/thetoydepartment/Big%20Lebowski.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W4qH4vpWbw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys4ukHDIvZc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-KtVqcuyN4

gumball
08-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Get a 458, that's like an updated NSX. :D

rocco1
08-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Get a 458, that's like an updated NSX. :D
Very nice but headache car!

TheSebringOne
08-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Before you know it, there will more 458s than the NSX over time? Think there are a total of around 400 NSX left in he UK? Keep the NSX!

NoelWatson
09-06-2010, 06:18 AM

I recall when I was looking for a car at Chiswick around 3.5 years ago Ivan sold a 2004 red with 24k miles for £38250. Amazing that they have held their value this well.

Papalazarou
09-06-2010, 07:29 AM
I recall when I was looking for a car at Chiswick around 3.5 years ago Ivan sold a 2004 red with 24k miles for £38250. Amazing that they have held their value this well.

When I bought my 96 targa, around 5 years ago, I went to Chiswick and all the 95/96 cars he had were around the 28-30K mark.
Apart form the odd glitch or economic down-turn they do hold their money very well. and you can use them!!

Cheers,

James.

Nick Graves
09-06-2010, 09:25 AM

Was that the one with the wonky front bumper with the seal missing and the set-back front wing? IIRC it was that price.

There was the lovely charlotte green one there at the time in far nicer shape, but I just couldn't get on with the colour...

Anyway, crystal balling, I'd expect them to hold their value well relative to any other car for the money. Quite what that means with the benefit of history though, may be another matter.

But cars are a complete waste of time and money. So they ought to be bought primarily for enjoyment and as an investment last. Although of course, depreciation is the single biggest expense, which is why I laugh at the conventional wisdom of obsessing over fuel economy.

NoelWatson
09-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Was that the one with the wonky front bumper with the seal missing and the set-back front wing? IIRC it was that price.

I'm not sure. I think it was on for £40 and sat there for a while.

Rob_Fenn
09-06-2010, 09:23 PM
It seems like your heart really isn't in the NSX, so i would just get rid. I can't see the fascination with the Porsche, but then that's why i'm on this forum and not a Porker one :)

One last suggestion though, if you're particularly keen on rarity, and aren't lacking in funds, then why not import an NSX-R?

Lankstarr
09-06-2010, 09:34 PM

Stop pondering by your pc and get out and drive the nsx... Push it a bit and have some fun. One way or the other your mind will be made up. If you sell you may wait a couple of years to find another really good one and it may cost you a lot more!
L*

rocco1
09-06-2010, 09:46 PM
It seems like your heart really isn't in the NSX, so i would just get rid. I can't see the fascination with the Porsche, but then that's why i'm on this forum and not a Porker one :)

One last suggestion though, if you're particularly keen on rarity, and aren't lacking in funds, then why not import an NSX-R?
Now ive been thinking that for a while, what does one expect to pay for that pleasure £60k upwards?

rocco1
09-06-2010, 10:09 PM
I might give it a miss,at over £100k thats too hot to handle.lol

gcon45
10-06-2010, 08:04 AM
Try 100k + and a long wait.