PDA

View Full Version : Comments on this car?

DamianW
05-04-2004, 09:34 AM
Thinking of going to have a butchers at the NSX Brayley Honda have for sale:
http://www.brayley-honda.co.uk/dlrcommon/used/usedcar.asp (go to view stocklist, find NSX)

Any comments, what are the normal things to look out for? From my own perspective this car would be absolutely perfect for me apart from one thing: the colour. Not sure about red at all.

trackdemon
05-04-2004, 04:00 PM
IMO red is THE colour to have, but then again I would say that. Looks like a lovely car, and I'd be shocked there was anything wrong with an 8k mile old main dealer NSX. Let us know if you buy it....

Kevin
05-04-2004, 04:32 PM
I live just near to that dealer. When are you going? I could come with you, if it's outside normal work hours, or on weekend.

DamianW
06-04-2004, 08:18 AM
Hiya,

Thats a really kind offer Kevin, I'd be up for that. I might give them a bell today and see if I can take a look over the Easter weekend (i.e. this weekend). I'll let you know.

Cheers,
Damian

DamianW
07-04-2004, 01:42 PM
I'll be there at 12pm Saturday

Kevin
07-04-2004, 04:30 PM
See you there. If I find some brake pads by then, I might even be able to take my NSX.

Welshman
08-04-2004, 12:53 PM
If that car is straight then I'd say that was a very competitive price!

DamianW
10-04-2004, 03:26 PM
If that car is straight then I'd say that was a very competitive price!

Well we didn't get to find out. Despite arranging to see the car at 12pm Saturday the car wasn't there. It was being used by some manager oik or other for the weekend.

Very disappointed. Dealers must think we're stupid.

Sorry for wasting Kevin's time, but nice to meet you all the same.

Kevin
11-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Let me know if you are going to see the car again (or try to). I don't mind coming out again. If you leave it till next weekend I'll have mine on the road again.

ctrlaltdelboy
11-04-2004, 10:31 PM
this kid of arrogance/ineptitude/apathy really makes me angry- as if people don't have anything better to do than to turn up to an appointment and find that they have completely wasted their time (need a 'shaking fist' emoticon here)

Welshman
11-04-2004, 11:55 PM
I've always thought that when I retire from the current job that's there's money to be made from stealerships - the way they still even in this day and age treat customers is as a generality, just disgraceful.

DamianW
12-04-2004, 11:34 AM
Agree with all your comments.

However, if its a good car then its worth a second chance to see it I think. If I don't get this one there's a real danger I'll get loaned to the hilt and go buy a new shape in blue like Welshmans :lol:

So looks like I'll be popping over to see it today ...

DamianW
12-04-2004, 04:52 PM
Blimey. Well, subject to being able to get a sane insurance quote I've just bought an NSX. The red one at Brayley looked an honest car to me, I couldn't find anything sufficiently negative to stop me buying it.

Kevin - would you mind dropping me an email at damian.wilson71@ntlworld.com ? I've got a cheeky favour to ask.

Looking forward to joining the ranks of NSX owners!

mr_tim
15-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Hopefully see a couple of NSX's on more local roads soon then!