PDA

View Full Version : Air con controlls

million miles
30-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Air con controlls

My car is a 1996 targa manual

The controlls on the air con have ceased to function, no readout and the only blow hot or cold on max. The air con itself is functioning.

Norton Way, who I trust, are baffled but suggested a complete controll replacement circa £1,300

Any ideas or suggestions for a less expensive fix very gratefully received

Thanks

Hagasan
30-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Air con controlls

The controlls on the air con have ceased to function, no readout and the only blow hot or cold on max. The air con itself is functioning.

Norton Way, who I trust, are baffled but suggested a complete controll replacement circa £1,300

Thanks

N-N, N-N, N-N, N-N, N-N, N-N, N-N, N-N,N-N, N-N, N-N, N-N, N-N, N-N, N-N, N-N "KAZMAN" :laugh::laugh:

PM Kaz on here for a CCU Overhaul.......no need to spend anywhere near £1300......

nobby
30-05-2010, 12:57 PM
As above, kaz is your man ... No point paying a st(d)ealer and HUK serious money for a sensible fix. Most likely a capicitor has blown on ur ccu board. Get in touch with kaz or check out his post on here re the board.

My board is with kaz but my a/c compressor pump is also shot. My heating cooling system is completely fried in my car along with the ccu board which kaz can fix ... Cost from HUK over 2k to fix ... Screw that!!!

Sudesh
30-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Not really surprised your dealer is baffled as this wouldnt be something they would fix or overhaul, but rather just replace!

Price for the control unit [CCU] is £982.95 +vat
Total £1154.97

I guess they are charging around £146 for labour?

As mentioned send it too Kaz for the CCU repair.

Heres the link to his service:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=5940

Air con controlls

Thanks

Kaz-kzukNA1
31-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Hi, all.
Thank you for referring me for the CCU board service.

Hi, million miles.
Looks like you are having the typical CCU board failure with fan speed only working at max speed.

Replacing the capacitors is only a small portion of the actual service and probably, I need to replace extra parts on your case.

Thank you for the PM. It is best to contact me through email but I’ll reply back to your PM first and we’ll start from there.

Regards,
Kaz

million miles
31-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks to all, I'm now in touch with Kaz via email.