PDA

View Full Version : For Sale section

Senninha
13-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Is there a means by which the Cars 4 Sale section can be tidied up?

As a new member I have found it a little frustrating to be searching through the many superb vehicles offered by members of the forum, only to scroll through the responses to find a note that says 'now sold'.

Whilst I'm pleased for the buyers/sellers, can we not either delete sold cars or, perhaps quite usefully, move them to a seperate folder for sold cars?

This latter idea would at least allow folk to view previously sold cars and help all in assessing values, condition etc.

BrownBear
14-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Sounds like an excellent Idea.

Maybe the seller coud mark the initial post with a 'SOLD' and then the Mods could move/delete it..

I don't know how we'd start to tidy it up, because as you say, it looks a mess right now. Suggestions?

BrownBear
16-10-2005, 08:52 AM
OK - I've tidied up the For Sale section, to the best of my limited abilities

Ads Marked explicitly as 'SOLD' have been deleted
Ads for cars that I know got sold, have also been deleted
Ads for parts which got moved into the for sale forum have been deleted
Any thread over three months old (for the last response) is locked

Of course, I may have inadvertently locked/deleted your ad. if so apologies.

Hopefully, this will make it easier to administer and read - any thread that isn't locked should be taken as active...

How's that?

ctrlaltdelboy
16-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Actually, I don't think this was a very good move Joe

it would be better IMO to leave the threads in place, but marked as sold, in order to provide information to people as to the prices that various cars are selling for.

by deleting the threads the NSX curious have no reference within this site of used NSX pricing, thereby removing a valuable feature of the forum and for some folks one of the main reasons for coming in here.

can I propose that no further threads or posts be deleted for this reason - finished threads will sink to the bottom of the listings by themselves, or even with a little help by being locked to new replies.

BrownBear
17-10-2005, 07:29 AM
OK - fair point - :oops: I won't do any more!!

Cheers

ctrlaltdelboy
17-10-2005, 08:11 PM
sorry I didn't post any suggestions before you commenced your tidy up Joe