PDA

View Full Version : NSX in Evo's The Knowledge

jaytip
29-05-2010, 11:49 AM
I see they have demoted both the NSX and the Type-R in the Knowledge.They are no longer in the supercar catagory,they are now in with the coupe/GT's.

Bastards :angry: :(

NoelWatson
29-05-2010, 12:01 PM
I see they have demoted both the NSX and the Type-R in the Knowledge.They are no longer in the supercar catagory,they are now in with the coupe/GT's.

Bastards :angry: :(

They only rejoined supercars a couple of years ago IIRC

jaytip
29-05-2010, 01:23 PM
They only rejoined supercars a couple of years ago IIRC
They were in the supercars and then dropped down to the GT/coupe's for a short time before going back up to the supercars.

gumball
29-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Have they moved the M1 too? it was only thing slower than an NSX. :shh:

jaytip
29-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Have they moved the M1 too? it was only thing slower than an NSX. :shh:
Nope,it's still there.:upset:

TheSebringOne
30-05-2010, 12:26 AM
The NSX should stay there since it was Japan's first true supercar even though through time it was outpaced by others. It was revolutionary since it taught the Italians how to make supercars more well built, reliable ,user friendly and potentially a daily driver. To make it fair some of the others should be demoted as their newer models have moved the game on.

havoc
30-05-2010, 08:02 AM
To make it fair some of the others should be demoted as their newer models have moved the game on.

By that measure a Miura isn't a supercar anymore, which is a statement I defy anyone to agree with.

Times DO move on, but cars should be compared (on performance) with their peers, otherwise you'll be claiming a Focus RS is comparable to/better than a 250GTO or a Jag E-Type!

And yes, the NSX was Japan's first supercar, and arguably the only one until the LF-A - the GT-R occupying a different market position to those two despite comparable-performance from comparable-year models.

rocco1
30-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Supercar or no supercar, it puts a smile on my face everytime i see it,unlike the Italian diva's ive owned in the past(will the engine management light be on when i turn the key) lol.

gumball
30-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Certainly "supercar" by the reactions you get from people. :)

JQD84983
30-05-2010, 09:24 PM
The reactions I got today taking mine out with the super car drivers club to Manchester bears out that many still consider it a super car.

Lots of comment from people who still love its looks and just never see one from one year to the next.

TheSebringOne
30-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Havoc, I agree with your comments. What I previously said was in haste about some models being demoted! The Muira is one of my favourite cars and its ground breaking in that it was really the first mid engined supercar.

havoc
31-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Havoc, I agree with your comments. What I previously said was in haste about some models being demoted! The Muira is one of my favourite cars and its ground breaking in that it was really the first mid engined supercar.

:yes:

The Miura truly is the car that defined the breed (pun intended).

Whereas the NSX, groundbreaking as it was in a different way, was more an engineering breakthrough, and of less importance to your typical buyer, even though it ultimately had a similar effect on the market (in terms of forcing Ferrari and Porsche to pick their game up).

dan the man
03-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Always pondered EVOs catagories and which cars slot into which catagory.

Do you judge it on todays pace and abiltiy or when it was released?

Personally i think when it was released it was what it was. Time moves on for every car.

The supermini catagory always makes me think...the hot hatch catagory should have some of the cars in it from the supermini. but then would it be too crowded.

NSX when released was without a doubt a supercar. Now for pace its left behind. But thats age we all slow down...