PDA

View Full Version : Replacing front brake pads, OEM or ???

AR
11-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Whilst I was having my car serviced at Two Mills,( cambelts, valve clearances, transaxle oil, oil filter and a few other things that are included in the 72 k service , even though the has only 32.5k miles) they said that my front pads have about 4k miles in them. My rear pads were changed at around 30k so they are like new.

Should I have OEMs on the front or replace them with aftermarket ones, and if so which ones:

EBC

Axxis

Hawk

Carbotech

Project Mu

So many pads to choose from. I will obviously want cold stopping as well as hot so with these in mind what are my choices.

BTW car is a 99 manual.

Cheers

AR

Kevin
12-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Well not EBC.

Carbotech actually give NSXCB members a discount!

I don't know if anyone has ever bought any though. Have a look in the Dealer section.

I use Mintex 1144, however, how much dust to you want to have to clean off your wheels every time you drive the car?

I have also used £20 pattern parts pads. So funny. Lasted about 2 laps on a track, and never really stopped.

DamianW
12-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Had EBC greenstuff on my Elise - the worst pads I've had the displeasure to use. Sod all feel and performed significantly worse than the OEM stuff.

So yeah, just to reiterate Kevin's point - not EBC!

jaytip
15-10-2005, 03:24 AM
I had carbotech panther plus in mine.boy do the wheels get dirty with them.If you are not going to track the car i would say stick with oem.

AR
15-10-2005, 11:28 AM
So it looks like OEM will be the way for me. Cheers for the comments lads. I still have about 3K miles plus left in mine, but is good to know how everyone is getting on with different brands.

Cheers

AR

Paul G
16-10-2005, 09:37 AM
Check out these, found whilst looking on e bay for a couple of items.

They sound the part, but I guess they need to be put to the test!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JDM-HAWK-CERAMIC-FRONT-PAD-INTEGRA-TYPE-R-NSX-PRELUDE_W0QQitemZ4581198378QQcategoryZ10386QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

Not sure if they are much cheaper than OEM?