PDA

View Full Version : Lamborghini Diablo SV

eclipse1501
22-05-2010, 01:45 PM
I think they only made 71 of these SV's in 1996 so I suppose even fewer remain in circulation today. This has been twinked and a bit of carbon added - its only done 22,000 miles and some of those at the nearby Ascari circuit. I was lucky to get a ride today while I was in Marbella. The villa is for sale but sadly the car was not.

eclipse1501
22-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Lamborghini Diablo SV (+ Carbon) by Marcello Gandini in Marbella May 2010

gumball
22-05-2010, 02:24 PM
I have an SV identical to that one, sadly it's 18 times smaller.

Sudesh
22-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Diablo is such a stunning car. I had a VT a number of years back and currently looking for a real nice SE30 as its my favourite of them all. Very hard to find a good RHD version at the moment.

eclipse1501
23-05-2010, 05:02 PM
I had never imagined sitting in this SV and shutting the gulwing would be quite such an experience, felt like being strapped into a Group C sports car. This car has only 22,000 miles on it and rarely used but fired up first time - and what a sound:eek:

TheSebringOne
24-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Gumball, your comments made me laugh.

The SV is the light weight version. Seen one of these when they were new in Manchester a long time ago in yellow, the SV stripes on the side were in black and it was owned by someone well known in the rag trade. When he fired it up, the sound was amazing and its although the sound of the old Countach and Diablo are different from the Murchie of today?

simonprelude
24-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Diablo is such a stunning car. I had a VT a number of years back and currently looking for a real nice SE30 as its my favourite of them all. Very hard to find a good RHD version at the moment.

I can put you in touch with someone who knows about most of them already, however I guess you already have similar connections.

I was looking about 6 months ago and he found 3 very nice examples for me in 24 hours.

Sudesh
24-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi Simon,

Yeah I know a few guys in the UK but any of the ones I looked at were just not right, plus I'm a lambo member so some of the ones that were supposedly good cars had either had a knock and repaired or been told stories of ones with the miles been put back and so forth.

There was a nice red one for sale a while back, but the interior was dreadful, was re-trimmed to pink and red:eek:

I can put you in touch with someone who knows about most of them already, however I guess you already have similar connections.

I was looking about 6 months ago and he found 3 very nice examples for me in 24 hours.

dan the man
26-05-2010, 08:52 PM
A guy i know had an SV in my local town. was always nice to see it....and hear it!