PDA

View Full Version : Newbie saying hello.

trisnsx
19-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Good evening Gents,

Great stand at Japfest congratulations. I have a Honda CRX Vtec. 1992 On a J plate. I am the 2nd owner from new the former keeper sadly passed away last year. I have just completely restored her and its now 100% MINT.

I have always wanted an NSX and seeing the stand at Japfest was amazing. Im shortly going to be putting my house on the market and moving so there may be an opportunity to get my hands on one once settled into the new house. I currently dont have a drive/garage so its not practical at the moment.

I'd also like to say Thankyou to Peter (trident) for showing me round his NSX and taking the time to speak to me at Japfest. I look forward to browsing the forum and hopefully in the near future joining you at Japfest or another event.

Tris.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/tristan1881/photo-73.jpg

nakamichi
19-05-2010, 06:27 PM
welcome:)
Hope you manage to find a good NSX.I looked for 2 years before I found the right one for me.

m666 edd
19-05-2010, 06:32 PM
I've always liked the CRX, never owned one though.

Where abouts in the South West are you?

amo
19-05-2010, 11:10 PM
hi mate and welcome i never looked for my nsx it found me lol

thx amo

WhyOne?
20-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Lovely looking CRX - exactly the spec. I always hankered after but never found.

Good luck with your search for an NSX. Patience seems to be the key - nice ones are few and far between, but they do come up for sale on a reasonably regular basis. Lots of friendly, helpful advice here as and when you need it.

nobby
20-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Welcome to the fold mate

Glad to hear you are in the market for one of these fine cars. Just got mine and its been fab ... You will love it. If you like the CRX you will absolutely adore the NSX.

It took me around 5 months to finally do a deal on one, but most examples are in pretty dececnt condition and just requre the usual work on them when purchased.

just take your time, there are some nice cars out there at the mo which are worthy of your attention. send me a PM if you want more details

My car is currently with Sudesh (on the boards) getting some TLC with his refresh programme and a few amendments that I have asked for ... however if you seen the shape of it last nite, you'd thought i'd got it out of a breakers yard! :eek:

Hopefully get her back on the road as soon as, just a waiting game now for various parts to come in from HUK and other bits from Japan and Europe, but at least i know the car will have a good shake down and lot of parts have been replaced on her

Keep an eye on Sudesh's NSX refresh post ... if and when he gets the time to post pics up of his work on my car

best of luck in your search ... and hopefully you can join us all soon with your own NSX ... it is worth it

Thunder
20-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Welcome here! … I wish you good luck to find a beautiful NSX, I sought 2 years to find mine (NA1 1992), at the beginning, I sought Ferrari (328/348), after having read tests and comparison with NSX, I chose the NSX because of the scarcity and Honda reliability, moreover, this car is mythical and it perpetuates the memory of Ayrton SENNA, the NSX offers much pleasure but the maintenance and the parts are expensive ( as for Ferrari… ) the difference, it's that the NSX is reliable and is less expensive in traversed miles, good luck

Sudesh
20-05-2010, 07:25 PM
lol But a very neat breaker yard:)

Glad you took my invitation and called down, as most dont see the amount of work that goes into whats done and that wasnt even it in full swing.

I think though if I set up a bed in the garage you would stay every nite, 5 months to get one, then 3 days with it and your back to being NSXLESS lol

Welcome along Tris! Love the CRX, my mum actually had one new back in 89/90 and I remember it well. Really sought after cars now too and with yours being only 2 owner, must be quite rare now.

My car is currently with Sudesh (on the boards) getting some TLC with his refresh programme and a few amendments that I have asked for ... however if you seen the shape of it last nite, you'd thought i'd got it out of a breakers yard! :eek:

Hopefully get her back on the road as soon as, just a waiting game now for various parts to come in from HUK and other bits from Japan and Europe, but at least i know the car will have a good shake down and lot of parts have been replaced on her

Keep an eye on Sudesh's NSX refresh post ... if and when he gets the time to post pics up of his work on my car

best of luck in your search ... and hopefully you can join us all soon with your own NSX ... it is worth it

trisnsx
20-05-2010, 08:58 PM
I've always liked the CRX, never owned one though.

Where abouts in the South West are you?

I live in Plymouth but spend my weeks in Portsmouth. Im on my Petty Officers course at HMS Collingwood at the moment so I expect I will look for an NSX once I'm not commuting so much. I currently drive approx 1200-1300 Miles a month so I expect that would get quite expensive in an NSX!

Be great but rubber and fuel prices wont help. Out of curiosity what sort of MPG do you get from the NSX when driving sensibly on the motorway? costs me about £20 to drive 170 Miles in the CRX at the moment.

nobby
20-05-2010, 09:44 PM
of course a very tidy breakers yard ... more like an NSX treasure chest! LOL

No i am glad to see her, albeit i know your work with all your posts ... its no real shock ... but you know a great deal of work is done ... any of you lot out there reading this ... get your car on a transporter and send it over. YOU will NOT be disappointed

dont be offering that spare matress now ... i could take you up on it LOL :D

Trying not to miss the car too much, there are things that need done to her and I am glad she is up at your pad. out of sight out of mind most of today ... i actually should stay of this forum for the duration while she's away though!

thanks for rubbing that in ... when you put it like that i must be bonkers leaving it so quickly with you! :laugh:

lol But a very neat breaker yard:)

Glad you took my invitation and called down, as most dont see the amount of work that goes into whats done and that wasnt even it in full swing.

I think though if I set up a bed in the garage you would stay every nite, 5 months to get one, then 3 days with it and your back to being NSXLESS lol

Welcome along Tris! Love the CRX, my mum actually had one new back in 89/90 and I remember it well. Really sought after cars now too and with yours being only 2 owner, must be quite rare now.

Nick Graves
21-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Lovely little car the CRX, one that I sort of missed trying.

Must get my paws on one, one day, to find out what all the fuss is about.

Good luck on the NSX-hunt.