PDA

View Full Version : Engine check light

nakamichi
19-05-2010, 08:31 AM
hi
My engine check light came on the other day,so I pulled over,turned the engine off,left it a few minutes then restarted.The light didn't come back on.
The next day,the same thing happened.
Since then,however,I have been out a few times and the light has not come on again.
Should I assume that all is well now or investigate further?
cheers
Tony

Sudesh
19-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Investigate further and have it plugged in or use the jumper cable to have any codes read.

hi
My engine check light came on the other day,so I pulled over,turned the engine off,left it a few minutes then restarted.The light didn't come back on.
The next day,the same thing happened.
Since then,however,I have been out a few times and the light has not come on again.
Should I assume that all is well now or investigate further?
cheers
Tony

Silver Surfer
19-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Possible o2 sensor problem...paperclip jump to short the socket under the glove box/pssenger foot well and read the flashes on the dash.

SS

Kaz-kzukNA1
19-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Hi, Tony.

On our NSX, some of the warning lights won't show up again until the error condition was re-triggered. However, the error code is always stored until you clear the backup memory.
So, it is best to first read the error code by getting into the passenger floor, short the 2pin blue connector, turn the IGN SW to 'ON' position and count the flashing lights.

Depending on the year model and error code, there are several different methods to be used to clear the stored error code but we will touch on this after you read the error code.

Did you feel any changes on the drive-ability when you got the ECL?

Regards,
Kaz

nakamichi
19-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Hi, Tony.

On our NSX, some of the warning lights won't show up again until the error condition was re-triggered. However, the error code is always stored until you clear the backup memory.
So, it is best to first read the error code by getting into the passenger floor, short the 2pin blue connector, turn the IGN SW to 'ON' position and count the flashing lights.

Depending on the year model and error code, there are several different methods to be used to clear the stored error code but we will touch on this after you read the error code.

Did you feel any changes on the drive-ability when you got the ECL?

Regards,
Kaz
Hi Kaz
no difference in driveability.
Have just done a 140 mile trip today and the light did not come on at all.The car drove perfectly so I guess everything is ok?
I will check the error code though to see what caused it.
cheers
Tony

Nick Graves
20-05-2010, 05:42 PM
You didn't tank up anywhere near Y1 did you?