PDA

View Full Version : NSX Compatible Parts?

Unregistered
11-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Hello!
My name is Daniel, I'm living in Israel and my dream car is NSX.
The problem with my dream is the fact that we do not have motor sport in Israel and sport cars\supercars are very rare.
From that you can understand that we do not have any NSX in the hole country, and yes! I hate my country, it's rubbish everybody are crazy nobody love cars and there are wars all the time.... but I want NSX!
If I will buy a NSX (I guess it will be an Acura NSX from USA because you are driving in the wrong side of the road :-P ) it will be the only NSX in Israel.
We do have Accord since 1992 (8 of them are Type-R), Civic Since 1990 (even a few VTI versions and Type R), CR-V, HR-V, Prelude, Legend and S-2000. Maybe some others I can't remember now...
There are any compatible parts between the NSX to other Honda models?
There is a lot of tax on car parts here, and if I will have to order every part that will die through Ebay or something, every time something will break it may take a month until I will be able to use the car again...
What do you say? Should I realize my dream?
Sorry about my bad English, and thank you for you answers!
Regards,
Daniel.

AR
11-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Hi Daniel,

If you got the funds go for it, the NSX is an experience to be enjoyed.

As for parts, owe pay through the roof in the UK but the NSX tends to be quite reliable.

PS Israel is not crazy. :)

Cheers,

A.Isaac

TheSebringOne
11-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Hi Daniel and welcome, the NSX is very reliable car like most Hondas, but if things ever go wrong, parts are generally quite expensive. Although most people here order parts from the US as the exchange rate is still good and parts are cheaper there anyway, approximately 30-40 % cheaper than the UK. I say go for it, but do your research about importing such a car. Good luck. :)

goldnsx
13-05-2010, 07:35 PM
There are any compatible parts between the NSX to other Honda models?
Except for a handful of parts there are no shared parts between the NSX and other Honda models. I'd consider parts very (not quite) expensive. :eek: There are only a few parts that 'break' and leave you stranded.

A.S. Motorsport
15-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Except for a handful of parts there are no shared parts between the NSX and other Honda models. I'd consider parts very (not quite) expensive. :eek: There are only a few parts that 'break' and leave you stranded.

Correct, very few parts and those are parts that don't brake.
Also don't swap C32A and C32A oil filters on C30A and C32B engines your going to get trouble.

Although Legend brakes should fit a NSX and they are stronger.

Nick Graves
16-05-2010, 11:50 AM
The early cars' ventilated 282mm disks are the same size as the Civic VTi's, for example.

But yes, as with the S2000, oil filters are model-specific, so it's best to assume everything is NSX-specific. At least they're reliable!

Shalom.

TheSebringOne
17-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Also I think the 302-303mm rear ventilated disc on NA2 is same as Legends front or rear (not sure of which year) ?

A.S. Motorsport
07-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Also I think the 302-303mm rear ventilated disc on NA2 is same as Legends front or rear (not sure of which year) ?
Legend brakes have different "hat heights" than NSX the rotor "hats" are a lot taller.

other than that they are the same sizes.
91-95 JDM/EDM 28mm x 282 front and 282mm rear
98-04 300 x 28mm front and 282 rear.

TheSebringOne
07-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Sorry, can you explain hat heights?

Also I thought the rears were 300-302 and the fronts 298? I think the NSX are one of those cars where the rears are slightly larger diameter than the fronts, correct me if I'm wrong! :D

Kaz-kzukNA1
08-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Early models:
Front: 28mm x 282mm
Rear: 21mm x 282mm

Later models:
Front: 28mm x 298mm
Rear: 23mm x 303mm

Kaz

Nick Graves
08-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Sorry, can you explain hat heights?

... :D

Imagine wearing a brake disc like a straw boater and the hat height is self-evident. If you are designing a wheel with a bigger offset to make room for fatter calipers, you will need to increase the hat height in order that the disk is still the correct distance from the upright when on the more prominent hub face.

Thus, the more powerful caliper fits, has something to bolt onto and that crucial centre-point steering axis geometry is maintained. Everyone is happy, apart from the poor sod trying to design the wheelspokes whilst keeping the weight down...

A.S. Motorsport
08-06-2010, 02:55 PM
See "A" on the diagram:

A.S. Motorsport
08-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Also KA7/KA8 (Legend) mirror covers should be the same as an NSX only the mounts being different.

I have also heard of KA7/8 drive shafts being used on a NSX with some modification, (they are half of the price)