PDA

View Full Version : another newbie intro..

Papalazarou
07-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Hi ,

today I bought my first NSX, a red 96 targa (thanks Richard).
With so much choice of newer cars it seemed crazy to buy a 9 year old car which wasn't on my shortlist, in fact even after I'd handed the money over, I wasn't sure I'd done the right thing.
However, the drive home was fantastic!! Despite the heavy traffic, I found a few places to open it up and I was very impressed.
I sold a boxster S a few months ago but the NSX sounds and handles much better, especially at higher speeds.
Anyway, less of the ameture critique, just wanted to say I'm glad I bought an NSX and look forward to meeting other NSX owners in the future. :)

Best regards,
James.

P.s, thanks for all the information and advice on the site, it made the buying process a lot easier.

Paul G
09-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Hi James,

Welcome to the site, good to hear that it didn't take too long before the thought of handing over the money slowly started to fade in the distance (just like the Boxster? :lol: )

Maybe some time in the future we can find a meeting point somewhere between Somerset and Hampshire? not to far away! Martin, I'm sure you would be up for it? Any others.....

Cheers

PG

DamianW
09-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Hi!
I'm guessing I know that car (previous owner Richard, red targa, somerset... yep all adds up). Richard and I took some photos last Wednesday evening which are quite fun, I would quite like to post a link to them if you don't mind?

Martin
10-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Count me in 8)

DAVEMAT
11-10-2005, 08:22 AM
Hi James
I know the feeling you got on that first drive, although I purchased my NSX in August, I wasn't able to pick it up while the 2nd of this month, due to me being abroad.
The suspense was unbearable, but once in it, it all became clear, WELL worth it, everything about the car, the handling, that fantastic gearbox, the looks, could this really be a 10 year old car.
I've not been separated from it since, best money i've ever parted with, problem is i've got to go back to work next week. :(

Enjoy

Dave
[/img]

DamianW
11-10-2005, 08:29 AM
Photos in the photo gallery. If James objects I'll pull them, but since it wasn't his car when I took them I'm going to be cheeky and just do it!

Greybloke
11-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Dave
Hi, just noticed a fellow NSX / Motorcyclist :)

Nice looking yellow, not seen one in the flesh yet, I think we should organise a meet in central uk somewhere? How about the Midlands? Think I'll post this on another thread to gauge some interest......

Hi James
I know the feeling you got on that first drive, although I purchased my NSX in August, I wasn't able to pick it up while the 2nd of this month, due to me being abroad.
The suspense was unbearable, but once in it, it all became clear, WELL worth it, everything about the car, the handling, that fantastic gearbox, the looks, could this really be a 10 year old car.
I've not been separated from it since, best money i've ever parted with, problem is i've got to go back to work next week. :(

Enjoy

Dave
[/img]

DAVEMAT
11-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Seems like a good idea to me, only problem is catching me in country, but somewhere in the midlands might get a few more owners together :idea:

TheQuietOne
12-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Hi,

I'm definately up for a midlands meet, being based in Bromsgrove in the week and Derby at weekends. I wonder if there is anywhere that is roughly 80 miles from outskitrs of London, Brum, Edge of Wales etc....?

Maybe if each person who is interested put their name and town we could compile a list and plot it on a map and see what's what (or maybe I'm just rambling... :lol: )?

Anyway - I'm up for it before the weather closes in in December!

Cheers,

Matt.

AR
12-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Hi,

Maybe if each person who is interested put their name and town we could compile a list and plot it on a map and see what's what (or maybe I'm just rambling... :lol: )?

Sounds like a great idea:

AR, Cardiff

wgmr
12-10-2005, 12:36 PM
woo hoo another yellow one! we are a rare breed but it is an awesome colour

well done, I might be able to make a meet, i'll keep an eye on this

WIll

TheQuietOne
12-10-2005, 12:48 PM
http://nsxcb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5104#5104

Lets see if we can pull it all together in one place!

Matt.

Clive
13-10-2005, 07:29 PM
Me too (West Gloucestershire) but very busy and unlikely to be able to do before the Spring! but certainly bear it mind.

Clive

ps I don't normally record what vehicles I have but as there seem to be some motorcyclists around!

CBR900RR
VTR1000F
TRX850
Guzzi Le Mans II

Greybloke
13-10-2005, 09:12 PM
ps I don't normally record what vehicles I have but as there seem to be some motorcyclists around!

CBR900RR
VTR1000F
TRX850
Guzzi Le Mans II

Mate you've got more toys than me! Right where's that MCN.......

Papalazarou
15-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi Damian,

Sorry it's taken me a few days to reply.
I have absolutely no problem with you posting some pics of the car when Richard had it. Hopefully he wasn't going around in circles with lots of smoke when you took them or driving back out of a field!!
The meet thing sounds good also.

regards,

James.

DAVEMAT
16-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Spring for me too