PDA

View Full Version : WTB: NSX, unsurprisingly.

Nick Graves
29-04-2010, 07:49 PM
I've cut and pasted my lament here, in case anyone is thinking of selling:

About the tail end of 2006 I put a deposit on a beautiful silverstone Targa (yes - one of the 12) and Sod's law intervened and an investment went potentially utterly tits up and I had to pull out.

It's only recently I've managed to get back to where I was then, having watched an early 3.2 go for 19 large (thanks for the tip-off, Simon!) and a few others.

I hoped I'd be there to get James' LBBP, but I was just too late!

Of course, now I have the wherewithall, there's an NSX bubble developing and that's the third where the seller's had it ripped from under his nose.

How much would I like to pay? Depends on the car. Obviously £38,500 for a really super NA2 coupe in LBBP. Probably more if RA55 XCX is still as lovely as she was when I let her get away...

I might have to wait until the economy implodes in June after the emergency budget. Except the HKers will probably snap up ALL the NSXs and everything else worth having.

Realistically, I'd probably be happy with an exceptional NA1. I have a penchant for purple Targas, but Marc came to his senses and wouldn't part with his in the end.

There was a lovely ridiculously pampered silver/black 3.0 Coupe on Autotrasher, but it was one of those sold-on-the-phone jobs. Except, I have a slight suspicion, he might have just been saying that and it was turning into yet another case of Seller's Remorse...

So although I'd ideally like a 3.2 Coupe in LBBP or NIOP, I don't really have a favourite and would take each car on its merits. Ricer rebuilds are obviously right out, and I do have slight colour prejudices: Preferably black interiors and not yellow, green or black over red paintwork. I've nothing against slushboxes per se, but not bolted into NSXs. Don't seem right. That's pure prejudice (or Bigotry, Gordy!); I've not actually tried one.

If anyone is considering selling, either now or shortly, please give me a prod.

TheQuietOne
29-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Nick, I have the love of my life aka a MY 2000 3.2 manual red/black car with 67,000 miles about to be put up for sale. If you would consider this feel free to give me a call on 07885 244 064 anytime. It hurts just posting this for what it's worth. :(

Nick Graves
30-04-2010, 12:19 AM
I've been there, bottled it and I know exactly how you feel.

I'm definitely interested (if you must sell!) and will give you a bell at a civilised hour.

Thanks, Matt!

WhyOne?
30-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Somebody sell this poor man a nice NSX asap for heavens sake!

nakamichi
30-04-2010, 08:30 AM
take it you have seen this one?
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201013355705212/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/nsx/make/honda/radius/1501/postcode/tr73eb/page/1/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

Nick Graves
30-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Yes, thanks.

Again, my bad; I was a bit slow over another purple with black and missed this one at 19 large. I object to giving a stealer six large for nothing. It takes the car from bargain to overpriced.

simonprelude
30-04-2010, 09:03 AM
If you want a NIOP then I know of an 03 that might be for sale, although the mileage might be a bit high as it's a daily driver.

Nick Graves
30-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Blimey! Talk about famine to feast!

I'm more interested in outstanding overall condition than actual mileage, Simon, so it might be worth an ask.