PDA

View Full Version : new member, new owner

Alf Tupper
29-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Hello everyone,

Finally took the plunge and bought an NSX, which I'll be picking up on Saturday. Hope it's a dry sunny day for the drive home......

I've always admired the NSX since it came out. I remember reading the car magazines and the huge stir it caused back in 89/90. My favourite memory of that time was the cover of Autoexpress (I think). It had a red/black NSX in profile, dimly lit in a teaser photo (someone here has that photo as their avatar) and the title "wintry smiles from Ferrari". Great stuff.

Surprising enough, having heard about people searching for many months and even years, it didn't take me too long - about 5 weeks. It's a red 95 manual with black roof, UK car, fsh and with 48k on the clock. Classic car insurance with Hagerty Classic was a very reasonable £363, limited to 3000 miles.

Was planning to go to Japfest but realised it clashes with a prior commitment. Ah, well perhaps next year...

nakamichi
29-04-2010, 06:07 PM
hi and welcome:)
I am a new owner myself.
Put some pictures of the car up please.
Tony

NSXGB
29-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Welcome Alf.

nobby
29-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Congrats on your purchase
health to drive too

glad u get sorted. Think I know the car you got, I was interested in her also but never got a chance to get across to see her in time prior to u buyin!!!

Get some pics up soon

I'm into my 5th mth now, trying to source a car, hopefully sorted in due course. You did well!

Silver Surfer
29-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Welcome Alf....happy NSX'ing.
It's memorable!

SS

gumball
29-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Congratulations on your purchase, don't be too down hearted if it's damp, it's just another string the NSX has to it's bow. :)

Here's to dry weather anyway.

JQD84983
29-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Welcome Alf. Hope you enjoy the car.

SILVER BULLET
29-04-2010, 08:38 PM
A warm welcome Alf,

The car will exceed your expectations and you will find yourself smiling in the first few miles even if it is raining:),

Enjoy,

Ian

Sudesh
29-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Congrats! and welcome, you picked the THE FASTEST COLOR TOO!!:)

Alf Tupper
01-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Apologies for poor quality photo, took a quick snap before the light fades.

Nakamichi - I see from your posts that you have that rarest of beasts, a manual car without the power steering but with those beautiful 7 spoke alloys. Can't be too many cars around with that combo.

Nobby - I hope you find an NSX soon. Must be frustrating given where you are. My car was advertised on Pistonheads and was in Gloucestershire.

Also best wishes to anyone else out there looking for their dream car.

What a fabulous car the NSX is! But the motoring press and everyone on this forum knows that already!

Looks fantastic, in any gear and any revs and the thing just flies. Especially so if in the VTEC zone. And that VTEC howl.........

Acceleration, braking, directional changes, ride comfort, steering - all excellent.

Climate control seems to be blowing out warm air even at lowest setting so a KAZ CCU repair and a healthcheck could be in order.

One small niggle in that the speedo seems erratic - I posted on another thread on that one......

rocco1
01-05-2010, 06:28 PM

Apologies for poor quality photo, took a quick snap before the light fades.

Nakamichi - I see from your posts that you have that rarest of beasts, a manual car without the power steering but with those beautiful 7 spoke alloys. Can't be too many cars around with that combo.

Nobby - I hope you find an NSX soon. Must be frustrating given where you are. My car was advertised on Pistonheads and was in Gloucestershire.

Also best wishes to anyone else out there looking for their dream car.

What a fabulous car the NSX is! But the motoring press and everyone on this forum knows that already!

Looks fantastic, in any gear and any revs and the thing just flies. Especially so if in the VTEC zone. And that VTEC howl.........

Acceleration, braking, directional changes, ride comfort, steering - all excellent.

Climate control seems to be blowing out warm air even at lowest setting so a KAZ CCU repair and a healthcheck could be in order.

One small niggle in that the speedo seems erratic - I posted on another thread on that one......

I know that feeling of getting a NSX, good health and enjoy it.

Sudesh
01-05-2010, 06:36 PM
CCU repair is well worth it!

You may find thought that other things like cabin aspirator, sun sensor and ambient sensor need checked as they have control over the CCU temp also.

nobby
02-05-2010, 10:51 AM
hi mate

Yes it does have its problems ... i have been over on 2 occassions already ... have phoned up about more cars and cars have been sold when trying to arrange time off and schedule flights

BUT hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel ... as they say 'watch this space' (forum)

best wishes with the car ... sincerely mean that. glad to hear you are well pleased with the NSX ability and performance

thanks for the sentiments also :)

markc
04-05-2010, 07:45 PM

Maybe none... from the factory anyway :)

Manual, non EPS cars are probably the most common combo given that most of the NSXs sold in the UK were sold in the first few years. The bigger 7 spoke "Blade" alloys came in with the 1994 cars, probably 1995 UK registrations, so most if not all non EPS cars with "Blades" on had them retro fitted.

No matter what combo of NSX you own, you own a fabulous car :)

Cheers

Mark