lets keep this car in the UK peop's!

dont want another heading to China ... surely :no:

Sudesh
27-04-2010, 08:58 PM
dont want another heading to China ... surely :no:

Usually HK/Japan!! lol

m666 edd
27-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Yeah that looks like a highly likely export.

Just noticed the 'mesh' type engine cover.

TheQuietOne
27-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Lovely!

Mine doesn't fit your criteria (from another thread) but it will sadly be leaving me after an unforgettable 5 years this summer :-(. Keep your eyes peeled on the classifieds in a month or two!

havoc
27-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Damn that's a nice NSX.

A good place to put £40k...

markc
27-04-2010, 10:13 PM
LBB again!!! Just how common are these things ;)

Cheers

Mark

TheSebringOne
27-04-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm in good ole Manchester and I have never seen this very low mileage/mint car but having covered just over 1K pa, thats not surprising!! HK bound me thinks too! :(

Senninha
28-04-2010, 06:41 AM
I'm in good ole Manchester and I have never seen this very low mileage/mint car but having covered just over 1K pa, thats not surprising!! HK bound me thinks too! :(

Is this a common problem for Manchester based NSX?

Are you bringing yours out for its annual mileage run to Japfest this year?

regards, Paul

Lankstarr
28-04-2010, 08:46 PM
strategically placed seat belt over driver's bolster!?

Was this the 5k mile one from Greypauls?

Looks like a great deal... not sre how much difference there is between a 54 and an 02 price wise but having just paid 37 for my 54 plate this looks like a good price.

TheSebringOne
28-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Paul, I would love to come, but I very much doubt I can get out of work on that weekend. If at last minute I can come, then I will try. :(

TBH, there are so few NSX up in Greater Manchester, so spotting one is rare and we don't have the big M25 up here. Having said that, I'm afraid their owners seem to do less miles than our Southern counterparts.

NSX 2000
28-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Paul, I would love to come, but I very much doubt I can get out of work on that weekend. If at last minute I can come, then I will try. :(

TBH, there are so few NSX up in Greater Manchester, so spotting one is rare and we don't have the big M25 up here. Having said that, I'm afraid their owners seem to do less miles than our Southern counterparts.

Hi James

But you do have the M60.

TheSebringOne
28-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Paul, size is everything in life! The M60 is ickle compared to the huge M25! Also Manchester gets alot more rain too! :D

AR
28-04-2010, 11:10 PM
He he even my the road out of my front drive is a challenge in itself.

Extra 40K, simple:

Send engine to SOS for low comp build, add Turbo, Mase mapping, ravi Interior and a few Detlef touches and getting there. Chuck in a Custom BBK and Dymag CF Wheels with Michelin Cups and we are cooking with fire. :) Oh and a respary CW with Black engine Bay.

jaytip
29-04-2010, 12:38 AM
strategically placed seat belt over driver's bolster!?

Well spotted.

NSX 2000
29-04-2010, 08:34 AM
He he even my the road out of my front drive is a challenge in itself.

Extra 40K, simple:

Send engine to SOS for low comp build, add Turbo, Mase mapping, ravi Interior and a few Detlef touches and getting there. Chuck in a Custom BBK and Dymag CF Wheels with Michelin Cups and we are cooking with fire. :) Oh and a respary CW with Black engine Bay.

Ary, I wouldn't bother sending it across the pond but just a short drive to MUGEN at Northampton.

jaytip
29-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Ary, I wouldn't bother sending it across the pond but just a short drive to MUGEN at Northampton.
And i wouldn't mind betting there goes the larger part of the 40K on engine work alone :(

AR
29-04-2010, 01:43 PM

My NSX-R had a Mugen diff, manifolds, exhaust and ECU and we are talking about 15K!!! For that £££ one could have any of the FI systems available for the NSX.

Nick Graves
29-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Excerpt from e-mail from the seller:

"The NSX was actually sold over the phone 3 hours after the advert went live. He paid full price without seeing the car. I was shocked how quick it was sold."

If I wasn't having bad luck buying one of these poxy things, I'd have no luck at all!

WhyOne?
29-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Aggh!

Sorry to hear that Nick.

If anyone one deserves to own an NSX it is you. -it will certainly get the appreciation it so richly deserves.

Nick Graves
29-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the good wishes!

Of course, if anyone IS prepared to relinquish a very tidy example - so long as it's a manual, with a black interior & preferably not green or yellow or red/black paint...

nobby
29-04-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm not actually surprised at this at all.

best wishes to the new owner, lets hope they are UK based

Excerpt from e-mail from the seller:

"The NSX was actually sold over the phone 3 hours after the advert went live. He paid full price without seeing the car. I was shocked how quick it was sold."

If I wasn't having bad luck buying one of these poxy things, I'd have no luck at all!

nobby
29-04-2010, 04:22 PM
whats wrong with yellow? :eek:

Of course, if anyone IS prepared to relinquish a very tidy example - so long as it's a manual, with a black interior & preferably not green or yellow or red/black paint...

Silver Surfer
29-04-2010, 05:05 PM

What's wrong with Red/black? :eek:

SS

Senninha
29-04-2010, 05:27 PM

I know its a Red/Black but I would start talking to TQO (Matt) if you want an OEM NA2 pop up ... good luck finding your NSX

trackdemon
29-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Another "whats wrong with Red/Black?" post!!

I'm selling my '95 soon, after 6 very happy years... I always thought red/black was the best looking colour scheme!?

AR
29-04-2010, 05:44 PM

Nick have you posted a wanted to buy add, that way the fence sitters will see it and hopefully get in touch with you.

Cheers,

Ary

AR
29-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Guys I don't think he said there was anything wrong, just his colour choices.

Cheers,

AR

NoelWatson
29-04-2010, 06:10 PM

Nick,

What is your approx budget? It is a shame you weren't looking a year back as there was a lot on the market

Nick Graves
29-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Nick,

What is your approx budget? It is a shame you weren't looking a year back as there was a lot on the market

Arrrgh! Don't I just know that...

Actually, about the tail end of 2006 I put a deposit on a beautiful silverstone Targa (yes - one of the 12) and Sod's law intervened and an investment went potentially utterly tits up and I had to pull out.

It's only recently I've managed to get back to where I was then, having watched an early 3.2 go for 19 large (thanks for the tip-off, Simon!) and a few others.

I hoped I'd be there to get James' LBBP, but I was just too late!

Of course, now I have the wherewithall, there's an NSX bubble developing and that's the third where the seller's had it ripped from under his nose.

How much would I like to pay? Depends on the car. Obviously £38,500 for a really super NA2 coupe in LBBP. Probably more if RA55 XCX is still as lovely as she was when I let her get away...

I might have to wait until the economy implodes in June after the emergency budget. Except the HKers will probably snap up ALL the NSXs and everything else worth having.

Realistically, I'd probably be happy with an exceptional NA1. I have a penchant for purple Targas, but Marc came to his senses and wouldn't part with his in the end.

There was a lovely ridiculously pampered silver/black 3.0 Coupe on Autotrasher, but it was one of those sold-on-the-phone jobs. Except, I have a slight suspicion, he might have just been saying that and it was turning into yet another case of Seller's Remorse...

So although I'd ideally like a 3.2 Coupe in LBBP or NIOP, I don't really have a favourite and would take each car on its merits. Ricer rebuilds are obviously right out, and I do have those slight colour prejudices mentioned heretofore. I've nothing against slushboxes per se, but not bolted into NSXs. Don't seem right. That's pure prejudice (or Bigotry, Gordy!); I've not actually tried one.

Just to explain my colour prejudice; I think red/black oddly makes the tail look too long. The black seems to work over white or silver, for some reason. That's just me, I suppose. Although not my favouritest colour, paint the roof red (like Damian's old car) and it adds height and elegance by making the pillars appear slimmer and balances it. Sort of like a Series 3 XJ if you will.

Yellow looks fantastic. In Californian sunlight. It just looks wrong in the yUK. Grey skies, you see.

I'm sure Charlotte has her Church, but I notice no-one's risen to her defence! I once had an MX-5 in that colour and you lose the lines of the car.

Is there anyone I've forgotten to offend in this post? ;)

Nick Graves
29-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Nick have you posted a wanted to buy add, that way the fence sitters will see it and hopefully get in touch with you.

Cheers,

Ary

That's a good point, Ary! Saves it getting lost.

AR
29-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Is there anyone I've forgotten to offend in this post? ;)

I think you pretty much got it cover there!:rolleyes:

TheSebringOne
29-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Nick, having read your comments & contributions over the years, I wish you luck in finding your P & J soon. :)

dan the man
02-05-2010, 06:12 PM
i saw the seatbelt straight away and did wonder...

whats the benefit if on purpose? Or is it just lazyness to not return it to the b pillar etc

AR
02-05-2010, 09:10 PM
i saw the seatbelt straight away and did wonder...

whats the benefit if on purpose? Or is it just lazyness to not return it to the b pillar etc

Is like buying flower for the wife for no reason! lol

Dragonlady
03-05-2010, 07:30 AM
I don't think that he is hiding anything, we do this with our seat belt to stop it becoming caught in the door, and therefore damaging the paintwork.

Sharon

Nick Graves
03-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Sceptical to the last, I just went into the garage & checked the S2000. The driver's seatbelt is sitting a bit like that, too!

Sudesh
03-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Do people have a problem with the seatbelt returning to its correct position? Because I've never had an issue with my belt getting caught in the door or damaging anything, it also returns to the correct position with adequate speed. If the seat belt is sagging or slow to return, its time to replace or refresh!

NSX 2000
03-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Sceptical to the last, I just went into the garage & checked the S2000. The driver's seatbelt is sitting a bit like that, too!

People on forums can get very funny about the wierdest of things. When I sold my Subaru I took photos of it with a crack in the windscreen which I got changed the next day, but people started slating the car on the Subaru forum, for a CRACKED windscreen :no:

I would not worry about the seatbelt in the photos, but would concur with Sudesh that mine always goes back.

jaytip
04-05-2010, 11:18 AM
People on forums can get very funny about the wierdest of things. When I sold my Subaru I took photos of it with a crack in the windscreen which I got changed the next day, but people started slating the car on the Subaru forum, for a CRACKED windscreen :no:

I would not worry about the seatbelt in the photos, but would concur with Sudesh that mine always goes back.
I think it looks sceptical with the NSX in particular due to the bolster rubbing in that exact place.

Nick Graves
04-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Do people have a problem with the seatbelt returning to its correct position? Because I've never had an issue with my belt getting caught in the door or damaging anything, it also returns to the correct position with adequate speed. If the seat belt is sagging or slow to return, its time to replace or refresh!

Perennial Honda problem, the weak return spring!

If you flick the twist out, they do return slowly, so long as the belt & its guides are very clean. With the S2000, there is an extra guide on top of the seat, further adding friction. Plus the seat is very close to the body side pressing. Inevitably, there are occasions where one shuts the door and there is a sickening clang.

Since spatially the NSX is a carved-up Prelude, I should imagine that a pile of seatbelt spaghetti between the seat & sill cover is (fortunately) the more likely outcome of inattentiveness.

TheSebringOne
04-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Definately a Honda weak spot, the slow returning seat belts! I believe there is something you can spray on the belt to smooth it out & make it return quicker? Anyone know about this, some kind of softner?

JP825
15-05-2010, 10:49 AM
looks like someone wants to make a quick 4k profit:rolleyes:

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1719486.htm

Right above the original sale ad too:no:

Nick Graves
15-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Definately a Honda weak spot, the slow returning seat belts! I believe there is something you can spray on the belt to smooth it out & make it return quicker? Anyone know about this, some kind of softner?

Steam! Anything 'sticky' might work for a wile, but it only attracts more dirt.

Nick Graves
15-05-2010, 12:21 PM
looks like someone wants to make a quick 4k profit:rolleyes:

http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1719486.htm

Right above the original sale ad too:no:

FFS! I hope all the parties genuinely interested get together & all offer £32,500 for it! Bubbles ALWAYS end in a big burst.

havoc
15-05-2010, 02:21 PM
This spate of traders buying up NSXs and trying to turn a quick £3-5k on them is really quite annoying...and this is from someone who already owns one!

That said, unless a trader is posing as a private individual to buy a car (in which case I have a few impolite suggestions for what should be done to them), then the fault lies with the seller, who's prepared to sell it to a trader just to shift it quickly.

jaytip
15-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Guy's you can't blame the seller.A traders money is just as good as a private buyers.When i was selling mine,if a trader had offered me a price i was happy with i would have sold it.
I say it's better to go to a trader than abroad.

Nick Graves
15-05-2010, 03:37 PM
We all speculate on different things and NSXs are no different. Fair enough if someone is desperate enough want it.

It's just I don't play that game. AND I can smell burned fingers...

jaytip
15-05-2010, 04:04 PM
We all speculate on different things and NSXs are no different. Fair enough if someone is desperate enough want it.

It's just I don't play that game. AND I can smell burned fingers...
When you say burn't fingers,do you mean the dealer is going to be sorry for the purchase and hoped for profit? If so,then i agree with you.I don't think it will sell for that price.

Nick Graves
15-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Put it this way; I wouldn't BUY it for that price!

If I did, I'd expect to take a hiding.

Actually, given the illiteracy of the advert, it'd put me off buying at any price...

Lankstarr
15-05-2010, 08:08 PM
I bet it'll sell fast, in fact I think it would sell at 50k.

If people undervalue it that's their problem! Good luck to the trader!

L*

JP825
15-05-2010, 09:36 PM

L*

In that case I think you sud buy it off him and make another 8k lol :laugh:

TheSebringOne
16-05-2010, 01:22 AM
Better find out how to operate an iron then! :laugh:

markc
16-05-2010, 03:37 AM
When you say burn't fingers,do you mean the dealer is going to be sorry for the purchase and hoped for profit? If so,then i agree with you.I don't think it will sell for that price.

Still trying to keep prices in check then Ivor, do you fancy another ;)

L*

I agree. Can't say I love motor traders but they do provide a valuable service for the inexperienced or plain scared (of buying a pile of trouble) purchaser.

Cheers

Mark

Lankstarr
16-05-2010, 07:18 AM
In that case I think you sud buy it off him and make another 8k lol :laugh:

I think two NSXs is enough for now!

I can see why people despise traders that do turn a quick profit on a car when they're looking to buy; maybe they wish they'd have put their money where their mouths are before the trader committed. Or maybe they just see it as aiding to drive up prices and make them pay more for one when they are ready to commit. For those with an NSX surely it can only be a good thing.

These guys are trying to make a living like the rest of us, I don't see why people begrudge them for doing their job, especially if they're committing 40k to a car which is quite a big risk. I'd definitely want 10% return on a risky investment such as this; if something went wrong they'd have to put it right for the customer and most people will happily pay extra for the peace of mind.

There's nothing stopping any of you putting your cash into an NSX to turn a quick profit if you see ones that are underpriced.

L*

AR
16-05-2010, 11:35 AM
There's nothing stopping any of you putting your cash into an NSX to turn a quick profit if you see ones that are underpriced.

L*

Also nothing stopping a seller selling cheap to a dealer.

Sometimes people do not want a private buyer dicking around and asking pointless questions.

Nick Graves
16-05-2010, 11:40 AM

L*

I paid just over that for the 2005 NSX-T just about two years ago, so I doubt it.

The main problem is that it's very difficult to separate the rarity of the NSX from the QE credit bubble that has afflicted the stock market, property and is now chasing gold to dizzying height. There's a simile...

NSX 2000
16-05-2010, 12:38 PM
I paid just over that for the 2005 NSX-T just about two years ago, so I doubt it.

The main problem is that it's very difficult to separate the rarity of the NSX from the QE credit bubble that has afflicted the stock market, property and is now chasing gold to dizzying height. There's a simile...

A bit off topic but I would say that we are in for some hard times ahead, I don't know why the metal markets are going through the roof but they are. I think people / companies doing ordinary things such as making widgets etc are still feeling the pinch plus roar materials are getting more expensive. :(

Nick Graves
16-05-2010, 01:16 PM
A bit off topic but I would say that we are in for some hard times ahead, I don't know why the metal markets are going through the roof but they are. I think people / companies doing ordinary things such as making widgets etc are still feeling the pinch plus roar materials are getting more expensive. :(

It's O/T but it's very relevant wrt. the bubble in NSX prices.

I've long been an adherent to the work of Nikolai Kondratieff (and other 'chartists') and I do believe we are due the biggest asset-price correction in 60 years (or if Samuel Kress is right, a 120-year double cycle).

Basically, it's all driven by the credit cycle and we've not really seen the full bust yet; QE has fuelled yet another extension of the credit cycle into a 'bear trap'. People are running from overvalued shares and very dubious-looking gilts (and cash, which may be devalued away) into whatever asset looks safe. Traditionally this ought to be gold & silver, but often antiquities and valuables are seen as a hedge against collapse. Including a rare Japanese work of art this time...

Now all this is well and good, but so long as enthusiasts are aware of it and don't get caught in the crossfire; hence my banging on about it.

jaytip
16-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Still trying to keep prices in check then Ivor, do you fancy another ;)

Mark
I'd love to have another but unfortunately other financial commitments must come first.Any money i make is going to be tied up for the next 4-5 years,to finance a house build,and then i would have to start saving again for a car,at which point i think the 02+(the only model i would have again)is going to be rarer then chickens teeth,what with all the cars that are going abroad.So if i am in a position to get a performance car in the future,it will probably be an R8.

havoc
16-05-2010, 09:03 PM
It's O/T but it's very relevant wrt. the bubble in NSX prices.

I've long been an adherent to the work of Nikolai Kondratieff (and other 'chartists') and I do believe we are due the biggest asset-price correction in 60 years (or if Samuel Kress is right, a 120-year double cycle).

Basically, it's all driven by the credit cycle and we've not really seen the full bust yet; QE has fuelled yet another extension of the credit cycle into a 'bear trap'. People are running from overvalued shares and very dubious-looking gilts (and cash, which may be devalued away) into whatever asset looks safe. Traditionally this ought to be gold & silver, but often antiquities and valuables are seen as a hedge against collapse. Including a rare Japanese work of art this time...

Now all this is well and good, but so long as enthusiasts are aware of it and don't get caught in the crossfire; hence my banging on about it.

Interesting.

Do you think this mainly applies to the youngest/best of the cars, or the whole range of NSXs (i.e. a cascade-down effect)?

Also, the NSX appears to be overpriced vis-a-vis other Japanese performance cars, but significantly UNDER-priced vis-a-vis the Italian competition (and arguably around parity, give-or-take, with the 993...although I'd have expected the rarer NSX to hold stronger). So do you expect this 'correction' to hit the whole 'cheap classic' market???

(IMHO, at the mid-lower end (sub-£30k, say), there's probably not a lot going to happen unless we hit a double-dip in style, as the people buying in that market aren't really speculators, more owner-enthusiasts)

Sudesh
16-05-2010, 09:30 PM
And the add on PH for the car has disappeared lol

Personally I think its great the prices are going up, As owners we should all be happy about that.

NoelWatson
17-05-2010, 08:08 AM
Interesting.

Do you think this mainly applies to the youngest/best of the cars, or the whole range of NSXs (i.e. a cascade-down effect)?

Also, the NSX appears to be overpriced vis-a-vis other Japanese performance cars, but significantly UNDER-priced vis-a-vis the Italian competition (and arguably around parity, give-or-take, with the 993...although I'd have expected the rarer NSX to hold stronger). So do you expect this 'correction' to hit the whole 'cheap classic' market???

(IMHO, at the mid-lower end (sub-£30k, say), there's probably not a lot going to happen unless we hit a double-dip in style, as the people buying in that market aren't really speculators, more owner-enthusiasts)

I think the market for youngest/best is getting skewed due to demands from overseas - I don't think that this is the case for older cars.

Nick Graves
17-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Interesting.

Interesting question; the bubble cars are particularly hot cakes at the moment, which naturally will pull the pre-facelifts (even rarer!) up. But there seems to be a disconnect with the NA1s, which are now suddenly terrific VFM. It's not even as if they're that crap compared to the 3.2s and certainly not £10,000 or whatever more crap!

Interesting too that you bring up the 993; a car whose price is way above its abilities. But again, the vastly superior 996 is far cheaper at present because it's not a 'proper Porsche' whatever that means. Really class ones like the 901s are gold dust too.

Who buys this stuff? Fine wines that aren't drunk? Paintings that sit in a bank vault? Gold which sometimes doesn't even look pretty? £13 million for an old Ferrari? Actually, it's impossible to say - we all know of "car enthusiasts" who are less petrolheads and more status-seekers and one would assume that to be the case. But in the instance of the NSX? A car that lacks so much status, it cannot even decide what its family name ought to be! So I'd presume that there has to be a lot of true enthusiasts clamouring for it.

As for the NSX's pricing, it really is closer to Ferrari in its exclusivity and superior in its engineering prowess. It's therefore one of the few cars with any real class and that is something no other Japanese car can really match. Its alleged rivals (Supra and GTO) just haven't got the pedigree, for various reasons. If I keep on like this, I'll convince myself bubble cars are underpriced too!

gumball
17-05-2010, 12:04 PM
All the supercar prices are recovering, you could get a Diablo for 40k not that long ago, not anymore.

Papalazarou
17-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Interesting too that you bring up the 993; a car whose price is way above its abilities. But again, the vastly superior 996 is far cheaper at present because it's not a 'proper Porsche' whatever that means. Really class ones like the 901s are gold dust too.

It's all very subjective. I think the main reason people are still 'supposedly' drawn to the 993 over the 996 is; 1. they look better and represent the final chapter in the air-cooled brand and 2, because they don't have the issues the 996 or gen 1 997 has come to that.

With regard to prices, most of us on this forum can't afford to blow massive amounts of money on cars that are going to depreciate. Therefore, the NSX is perfect, because if bought wisely, they really don't lose much or cost much to run and in some cases actually appreciate.

They are reliable, rare, non egotistical and you can drive the tails off them without worrying about snap oversteer or catastrophic engine failure (I'm touching wood as I write this - not that wood).

I'm not sure what an 8K mile facelift is worth these days, Perhaps low £40's, but I guess it just depends where you are standing and how deep you pockets are. We're guys and we can talk ourselves into or out of anything.

Ultimately, and a quote from one of the great surfer/windsurfers of our time;

"You're either on the wave or your not. If you're on the wave surf it, if you're not going to surf it, paddle back to shore and shut the **** up."

(it may have lost a bit in translation but you get the idea).

Cheers,

James.

simonprelude
17-05-2010, 01:03 PM
All the supercar prices are recovering, you could get a Diablo for 40k not that long ago, not anymore.

Indeed, Diablo and Murcielago prices are heading North............

Looks like I missed the boat by about 6 months :(

Nick Graves
17-05-2010, 04:12 PM
...or are about 6 months ahead of the wave. Bubbles can only end one way.

To paraphrase James, beware of the wipeout!

If anyone doesn't believe me, I have some nice tulip bulbs for sale...

gumball
17-05-2010, 04:58 PM
...or are about 6 months ahead of the wave. Bubbles can only end one way.

To paraphrase James, beware of the wipeout!

If anyone doesn't believe me, I have some nice tulip bulbs for sale...

What bubble? were coming out of an unbubble... :think:

AR
17-05-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm touching wood as I write this - not that wood

Well I just came back from shooting the NSX with Trackdemon and I am touching wood too James! :)

Nick Graves
17-05-2010, 06:01 PM
What bubble? were coming out of an unbubble... :think:

So they'd have you believe. Along with WMD, UFOs, gods & stuff...

Ultimately, if you want the car & are prepared to buy it now, do it. That's fine. It's not all about money after all.

Just don't say I didn't mention the downside risks.

markc
17-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Indeed, Diablo and Murcielago prices are heading North............

Looks like I missed the boat by about 6 months :(

I'd say you got lucky and dodged an expensive mistake myself :)

Cheers

Mark

gumball
17-05-2010, 06:56 PM
So they'd have you believe. Along with WMD, UFOs, gods & stuff...

Ultimately, if you want the car & are prepared to buy it now, do it. That's fine. It's not all about money after all.

Just don't say I didn't mention the downside risks.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z148/gumball3ooo/funny-pictures-cat-has-foil.jpg

:bigsmile:

Diablo quality is a bit ropey, but have an X factor.

Nick Graves
17-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Well-reasoned counter-argument there!

Agree about the Diablo though.

Lankstarr
25-05-2010, 11:26 AM
I just had the purchaser of this car on the phone to me asking if he paid too much for the car!

He called because I stated in my ad I had purchased a 54 plate car and wanted me to value his for him! I was on speaker phone and asked him if he was a trader... then I asked if he bought it from a trader... then I asked if it was LBBP rather than the Silver he had told me it was... then he hung up!

Funny but clearly a bit of funny stuff going on here!

L*

markc
25-05-2010, 08:09 PM
I just had the purchaser of this car on the phone to me asking if he paid too much for the car!

Had the conversation continued I hope, and expect, that you told him he'd bagged a bargain and should go out and enjoy it :)

Cheers

Mark

JP825
25-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Is this the guy who bought it at 42k or 38k? I am confused?

Lankstarr
26-05-2010, 07:03 AM
He told me 38; I would have definitely told him he grabbed a bargain!

WhyOne?
26-05-2010, 07:44 AM
I also had a conversation with this fellow - I emailed him to query (and correct) a few details / assertions made in his Pistonheads ad. He phoned me back (somewhat hacked-off) to discuss these issues.

He told me he had owned a number of NSX's in the past, and due to a sudden change of circumstances, he was having to sell this one......and that he wasn't interested in making money on it, but the selling price was £42k!?!!!!???!

Lankstarr
26-05-2010, 07:46 AM
BAsed on what this guy said nobody has bought it for 42... yet!

Nick Graves
26-05-2010, 10:04 AM
If one IS selling a car, one would place GOOD pictures and a carefully-worded text extolling its virtues and emphasising all the good points. Even if one isn't very literate, one would get a literate friend to proof-read it. Or at least hit F7.

I'm sure a lot of cars don't sell quickly, simply because of lousy ads. A trader knows this and so ought any individual in a financial position to own such an NSX.

Something here just doesn't ring true...