PDA

View Full Version : Aircon fan speed control problem

mikegreene
26-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Just had my 91 NSX Auto re gassed and whilst car get suitably freezing the fan contol knob has mind of it's own. Works at "full/high" setting at all temps, at 18c on "Full Auto" and intermittently at 19c but hardly ideal. Local dealer Crown Motors ( very good service and not usually too expensive) suggested it might be the resister control but reckon parts could £400+++++. Sounds like a lot of money for a , possibly, dodgey switch.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Sudesh
26-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Hi Mike,

I had a similar issue which turned to be the resistor, you can check my findings here: http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=7472

You may also want to read kaz's ccu health check here which is another common failure: http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=5940

Although I didnt change the resistor on mine, I did price the part for my own reference, it was around £268 + VAT, NOT £400.

Just had my 91 NSX Auto re gassed and whilst car get suitably freezing the fan contol knob has mind of it's own. Works at "full/high" setting at all temps, at 18c on "Full Auto" and intermittently at 19c but hardly ideal. Local dealer Crown Motors ( very good service and not usually too expensive) suggested it might be the resister control but reckon parts could £400+++++. Sounds like a lot of money for a , possibly, dodgey switch.

Thanks in advance

Hagasan
26-04-2010, 09:29 AM

Thanks in advance
Sounds like (and going by age of car) it could be the leaky capacitor prob in the a/c controller. Rather than guess things with Crown and throw money at parts contact Kaz and get him to check it....will be cheaper in the long run too!

If you do a search on here you should find Kaz's posts.....He's the Japanese NSX guru (should be master)around here:D

AR
26-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Kaz is your first and last stop! :)