PDA

View Full Version : Low Flyer flutters !

Low Flyer
24-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Gentlemen, and ladies, thank you all most sincerely for your gracious thoughts and good wishes.
The CT scans belie my general state of health--which is great (!). The Dialysis is going fine, every second night, and I feel---I FEEL, that if you were to strap an F-4 to my bum, with my favourite missile (Sidewinder), I'd take on anything that the VC could throw at me. But, of course, that was my undoing---all those chemicals, including "Agent-Orange" has done for most of us involved in those far-off wars.
The oncologist wants MORE tests to decide which course of attack might work best. It looks like a drug called "Suniciniv" which has particularly nasty side-effects, but is handled by the liver, reather than the 10% of ONE kidney still remaining.
I shall keep you posted, but thanks again for all of you gunning for me. J.C.

jaytip
24-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Good luck mate.It's good to see you are keeping your chin up and have kept your sence of humour.It's the best way of fighting it i believe.

AR
24-04-2010, 05:55 PM
JC I am really chuffed that you are feeling great. We have not met in person but both my wife and I sent you our best wishes and glad your feeling like you just called a "Fox Two"!

WhyOne?
24-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Good man....ride the ups!

TheSebringOne
24-04-2010, 10:52 PM
JC, keep smiling and we are all thinking about you. :)

simonprelude
28-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Good to see you today, you certainly look a lot better than I imagined, keep on smiling and I'm sure there's a purpose for you yet :)

Senninha
28-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Good to see you today, you certainly look a lot better than I imagined, keep on smiling and I'm sure there's a purpose for you yet :)

Lovely post!

All the best to you JC!

regards, Paul

Nick Graves
28-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Good luck with the new drugs, even if they do sound like a bastard child of a Datsun Sunny & a Honda Civic.

mutley
29-04-2010, 10:02 AM
JC,

I'm glad to hear that you are fighting the good fight in good ol' military way. I remember the chat we had at Japfest last year, about flying Buccaneers up here at Lossie, and I have a thought that might put a little smile on your face. Watch this space, I could tell you now, but that will spoil it.

Jim

mutley
01-05-2010, 03:11 PM
JC, here is a photo that I couldn't resist, hope you like it

Jim

Low Flyer
02-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the memory, Jim. The engine that's blanked off was the one which had a nasty habit of failing, and with it, that side of Blown Flaps !!! i.e., about half of your total lift---for those of you not of an aviation bent
In the early days of flying the thing, this would invariably happen on approach, with disastrous consequences. That was MOD thinking at the time----wait until a few good men are killed before admitting that there is a problem.
I'm off to Germany on Friday for a week, where I shall have a GOOD look at their methods and facilities---their success rate with cancer knocks ours into the proverbial. 'Might give me some ideas. J.C.

NSXGB
02-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Good luck in Germany JC.

WhyOne?
02-05-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm off to Germany on Friday for a week, where I shall have a GOOD look at their methods and facilities---their success rate with cancer knocks ours into the proverbial. 'Might give me some ideas. J.C.

Shocking there is such a disparity between 2 supposedly similar, developed countries.

Hope the trip goes well.

mutley
02-05-2010, 03:48 PM
You are very welcome JC, I thought that would take you back a bit. Good luck in Germany, keep up posted.

Jim

Kaz-kzukNA1
02-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Wishing you a good result in Germany, JC.
Good luck!

Regards,
Kaz

AR
02-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Good result in Germany JC.

SILVER BULLET
03-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Hope your trip is a successful one James, I know we will all be thinking of you,
Best wishes,
Ian

TheSebringOne
03-05-2010, 11:36 PM
JC, I hope things go really well for you in Germany. Best wishes.

James

havoc
04-05-2010, 09:38 PM
You've got my thoughts with you as well chap...good luck with your research!