PDA

View Full Version : NSX Pop up lights or facelift version

rocco1
21-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Which one do you buy,the facelift version or the pop up light version of the NSX, and why?

gcon45
21-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Fearne Cotton or Holly Willoughby? :)

It's just down to personal taste mate.

Some of the pre-facelift owners would think that the facelift isn't a "true" NSX whereas some of the facelift owners think the pre-facelift looks dated.

Just pick what you prefer, it's your car after all.

mart155
21-04-2010, 09:26 PM
I guess its down to personal preference really, some think the facelift looks more up to date but I prefer the look of the pop-ups.

Senninha
21-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Fearne Cotton or Holly Willoughby? :)

It's just down to personal taste mate.

Some of the pre-facelift owners would think that the facelift isn't a "true" NSX whereas some of the facelift owners think the pre-facelift looks dated.

Just pick what you prefer, it's your car after all.

Absolutely spot on Connor!

NA2 pop-ups are the rarer cars until a few more 02's head of to HK, then it really will be down to your styling preference. I've considered changing to a later car, or simply updating mine with an 02 facelift.

There's Craig's Silver 3.2 for sale at present. It is very attractively priced. You could pick this, complete the 02 facelift if you prefer the look and have yourself a great NSX.

regards,

rocco1
21-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Whats the deal with the NSX being exported to Hong Kong?

Senninha
21-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Whats the deal with the NSX being exported to Hong Kong?

Its a country with a fast growing economy and we sell our NSX too cheap!

Sudesh
21-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Yeah totally agree! I know of an LBB NSX sold from N.I that when to HK and with a nice profit.

Its a country with a fast growing economy and we sell our NSX too cheap!

Silver Surfer
21-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Hong Kong'ers will pay UK price to get the car over to HK as they are worth 3xUK value! They need to be clean examples though. Used car don't depreciate much there!

SS

TheSebringOne
22-04-2010, 12:12 AM
If you are into the classic look, go pop up or if you are after the more modern, go non pop up! HTH

Re HK the economy is doing well, plus they really loved em out there & they drive on the same side as us too!

TheSebringOne
22-04-2010, 12:16 AM
SS, aren't cars in HK much more expensive to buy since they have a huge amount of tax added on to them when imported. When new they are 1.5 or twice the price compared to the UK?

AR
22-04-2010, 07:14 AM
There's Craig's Silver 3.2 for sale at present. It is very attractively priced. You could pick this, complete the 02 facelift if you prefer the look and have yourself a great NSX.

regards,

That was similar to the way I went but with my 3.0, let me tell you...I have spent enough to buy and 02 plus and then some...but I did get a bit carried away. So think about the total cost before leaping into a prefacelifted car if you want 02 plus looks.

Best advice have a good look at both variants and drive them.

For me only the facelifted does it know as the advantages in weight and the reliability far outweight the classic look. But that is my preference, nothing wrong with pop ups, but they do weight more and are by nature a more complex system.

Cheers,

AR

Mark N
22-04-2010, 07:26 AM
smooth sleek lines or bug eyes :think:

NSXGB
22-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Is Fearne Cotton the pop up or 02+?
I like both, not sure I can justify buying another one though even though the wife wouldn't mind! (as long as it was LBB).

AR
22-04-2010, 07:41 AM
smooth sleek lines or bug eyes :think:

Bug eyes?

He was on about NSX not Subarus. :)

simonprelude
22-04-2010, 08:17 AM
With lights off, pop up, lights on facelift.............

So 1 for driving in the day and the other for at night.

gcon45
22-04-2010, 09:21 AM
Is Fearne Cotton the pop up or 02+?

Fearne would be 02> (with the little sunk in headlights).

Holly would be >02 (with the big pop up headlights).

:laugh:

AR
22-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Hong Kong'ers will pay UK price to get the car over to HK as they are worth 3xUK value! They need to be clean examples though. Used car don't depreciate much there!

SS

Have a look at some of this prices in Japan!!!

http://www.route-ks.com/stock/index.html

markc
22-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Fearne would be 02> (with the little sunk in headlights).

Holly would be >02 (with the big pop up headlights).

:laugh:

A good example of personal preference at work... that makes me more of a Holly fan.

With lights off, pop up, lights on facelift.............

So 1 for driving in the day and the other for at night.

That same deal with Fearne and Holly would be nice :)

Cheers

Mark

AR
22-04-2010, 09:06 PM
How long until this turns into a NSFW thread??? :)

Senninha
22-04-2010, 09:14 PM
How long until this turns into a NSFW thread??? :)

LoL :laugh:

I'm guessing Mark is still stranded judging by the time and number of posts ...

markc
23-04-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm home :) ... got back yesterday morning. I'm now wrestling with BA/AMEX travel to sort out a refund for an unused return flight because AMEX booked me an alternative return.

Back on thread, well the NSFW end part of it, see the girls in action here... http://www.youtube.com/user/verynetwork#p/u/0/jwKHm7L5BaM

Cheers

Mark

A.S. Motorsport
07-06-2010, 12:24 PM
sell our NSX too cheap!

UK NSX prices are down right ridicules main land Europe prices are more than double.

bobbyswanbourne
07-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Pop ups for the look on other driver's faces when you politely flash the lights..

Lankstarr
07-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Have a look at some of this prices in Japan!!!

http://www.route-ks.com/stock/index.html

Surely this is only £45k for a 10k mile facelift car? (ignoring import blah blah taxes)

Butchered the stereo console but other than that looks very tidy.

Annoys me when they put "ASK" next to prices for cars and houses!

L*

gunner10
08-06-2010, 07:05 PM
apologies because i'm sure this has been covered a million times on here,but would really be possible to import and register in the UK an NA2 NSX Type R,(ie as pictured in the Japanese advert above)assuming one had the funds of course.serious question,any detail appreciated,thanks in advance.

havoc
08-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Sudesh is the expert on this, but I believe the answer is "Yes, if you had a small fortune to get it through whatever variant of SVA it would have to pass!" - As there is no existing "data-set" for the NA2 NSX-R, the first car imported would have to provide that data-set!!! I have zero knowledge of what that would involve though...

There is, of course, the possibility of 'selling' that data on to 3rd parties who subsequently want to import their own NSX-R, which would make their import cheaper.

gunner10
08-06-2010, 08:14 PM
so is there any understanding or educated guesswork as to what that 'small fortune' could amount to?Is it possible that,despite all advice I've seen to the contrary,that actually the process mightn't be as horrendous as all the comments i have read suggest,or is that just wishful thinking on my part?
It seems from the ad above that good cars are clearly still available in Japan,and I am fortunate enough to have access to someone who could definitely transport one,but I guess,as you and many others have pointed out,it's what happens when it arrives in the UK that really matters...
is the ad featured still current?

Rob_Fenn
08-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Sudesh mentioned in the region of £100k for a nice R on your driveway.

Back OT, i would like a mint early car to appreciate it in it's purest form, but the facelift is an improvement in all areas... so i'd need both!

gunner10
08-06-2010, 09:55 PM
sudesh,can you comment please?thanks.