PDA

View Full Version : 1991 NSX with 14000 miles

rocco1
21-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Hello all,seen an add on this site offering a 1991 NSX with only 14000 miles and one owner from new,the asking price is £26500!!! Ive spoken to the owner as i was tempted due to the low miles and only the one owner,the owner said he was offered £22000 and he turned it down.I thought that was a very strong offer,what do you guys think its value is? I have seen pictures of this car and seems to be in good condition,but £26500,some how i dont think so or am i mistaken?

m666 edd
21-04-2010, 08:01 PM
If I was the owner I'd probably be holding out and hoping some collector from Hong Kong bought it.

I wouldn't be that surprised if it did sell eventually at that price but I'd expect he'd be open to sensible offers. I guess you have to remember the owner will have paid the full price when it was new :)

Papalazarou
21-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Condition, originality and history. Perhaps not the asking price, but pretty close.

Cheers,

James.

Sudesh
21-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Had a talk with a fellow member about this car and although its one owner and low miles and looks fantastic, you must remember it will still need allot of work. In most cases, cars that have been sat for huge lengths of time, need more than cars that are driven. I love it and if I was out to buy one today, I would seriously consider it, but can do allot of work myself, however I would budge correctly for other work. The owner is also a absolute gentleman too.

rocco1
21-04-2010, 08:34 PM
So what would you guys pay for this car if you were after one?

Senninha
21-04-2010, 09:31 PM
With this car I dont think the price is the important question. The key questions are how you intend to use the NSX.

Will it be a garage queen doing only a few thousand miles a year?

Will it be a daily driver doing what is was built to do and rack up 15k miles a year?

Is it the right NSX for you? You're currently looking at a selection of NSX which suggests (maybe wrongly) you've yet to drive the different models? This will be a non PAS solid coupe. The other you're looking at is almost the end of the line with all the latest tweaks, PAS, ABS and chassis upgrades. They are very different cars to live with and will suit the above scenarios differently.

If for example you're set on the OEM attraction of an original (some say the purest) NSX, wil keep it as a garage queen, then you are unlikely to find another like this.

But do heed Sudesh' comments. This car may need a fair amount of age related refeshing of components. Apart from the belts that will probably have been maintained, budget for brake overall, cooling system, control boards, geometry setting. In addition, it would pay you to look through the Refresh thread that Sudesh has produced and updated, and the Health Check thread. Both of these will give you a good insight to the items to look at and budget for, particularly on low use older cars.

HTH and good luck .... oh yes, the question was is it worth the asking price. Is there another 14k mile 1991 for sale? Nope. So its probably worth the price or very close to it.

regards,

goldnsx
13-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Is it worth the price? If a buyer is willing to pay the amount, then yes. :)

eclipse1501
14-05-2010, 06:40 PM
So what would you guys pay for this car if you were after one?

We all have a PRICE but only you know the VALUE to you - so just go ahead and offer what you are happy to pay. Personally I would not think any better or worse of you whatever you paid and here is not the place to punt on a car - thats between you and the present owner - who something tells me will still be the owner for the forseeable future.