PDA

View Full Version : white nsx icetronix

rocco
19-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Hello all,new to this forum and need some advice,ive seen a NSX for sale on Pistonheads its in Ireland being sold by a company called Icetronix,please can anyone with any insight of this car, please post many thanks,Rocco

AR
19-04-2010, 10:27 PM
What do you want to know rocco?

Unregistered
19-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Hi mate just want to know the background of this car,is good for 20k,and whats yure take on it? or would give it i miss?

Senninha
19-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Try dropping member 'Sudesh' a line as he's on that side of the water ...

It reads well and if it still has the 3.2 / 6 speed then it will be quite unique! I say this as they have recently advertised that they were going to return to a stock 3.0 / 5 speed set up ....

Best you get in touch swiftly. I know another owner bought quite a few late parts from Ice and he was very pleased with speed and accuracy..

Good Luck,

Paul

rocco1
19-04-2010, 11:23 PM
The 3.2 engine is staying but the gearbox has been replaced by a 5 speed box. I thought the 3.2 engine would be more better suited with a 6 speed box.Please if you know the history of this car then please can you post,and thank you again.Rocco

Hagasan
20-04-2010, 12:24 PM
The 3.2 engine is staying but the gearbox has been replaced by a 5 speed box. I thought the 3.2 engine would be more better suited with a 6 speed box.Please if you know the history of this car then please can you post,and thank you again.Rocco

The guys at Icetronix seem a fair bunch in my experience as I bought several high value items from the 3.2 donor car that the engine and gearbox came from. Always accurately described and packaged well. They are very approachable although all the staff sound the same and it's hard to know who your talking to at first!!

This car was mechanically upgraded but as was mentioned earlier, the car was now being standardised. This was because the sellers didn't think that buyers realised the value in the later engine and gearbox. They decided to sell the car more mechanically standard to be able to sell the car at the price a prospective buyer would expect for that age of car. The gearbox has been sold (I could have and seriously considered buying it) to another forum member who has an earlier, longer ratio'd gearbox, so will see real benefits. I already have the JDM shorter ratio'd five speed box in my 96 car so the differences weren't so great but nonetheless a six-speeder would have been nice for the "kudos" but couldn't justify to myself the expense.

I've never seen the car and normally (depending on where you are) I'd say jump on a cheap flight to Dublin and take a look but that's not so easy moment!! Pricewise I can't be sure what to advise having never seen it....

Good Luck

rocco1
20-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the advice! Ive decided that this car is not for me,as when i look at the pictures i noticed that they didnt paint the engine bay area,and also no phone calls back from the seller,as ive tried several times gitting hold of Robbie and he dosent want to return my calls.Saying that ive managed to secure a deal on another NSX totally standerd and should be with me in the next coupple of days(fingers crossed).Again thanks for all the feedback.Cant wait to get my NSX i feel the same way when i bought my Gallardo two years ago(now sold).Will post some pics if the deal goes through.Thanks again.

LorNA1
24-08-2010, 09:23 PM
I have bought one from these guys and tbh, they called me back straight away and have gone out there way to help me, im collectin on sat 28th august and i cannott tell yoo how happy i am with the progress of the work bein done and the contact i have on a daily basis :) I, as have said in my welcome msg, would highly reccommend icetronix to anyone.

ps. that accent is sooo sexy :) x

AR
25-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Well I can't say that I was too happy with them when they sold me a part and then sold it for more to another member of this board. This is a fact and can be corroborated if need be.

They offered me a discount on the next one. :rolleyes:

Senninha
25-08-2010, 10:50 AM
I have bought one from these guys and tbh, they called me back straight away and have gone out there way to help me, im collectin on sat 28th august and i cannott tell yoo how happy i am with the progress of the work bein done and the contact i have on a daily basis :) I, as have said in my welcome msg, would highly reccommend icetronix to anyone.

ps. that accent is sooo sexy :) x

Which one did you buy ... the white one? Are you the young lady that I was talking to at Japfest who sat in my White/Black NSX? If yes, HI again and congratulations on buying your NSX.

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
25-08-2010, 09:45 PM
Welcome to the club & congratulations. Did you get a quote with insurers Hagerty? Its just that I looking for some new cover and they mentioned they have just insured a 24 year old and I thought that must be one of the youngest owners in the UK? :)

amo
01-09-2010, 01:35 PM
hi amd welcome congrats on getting the white 1 still would have bought ary's but hay hope all is well will you be down at hyeline soon hope to get down there and sort kenzo out

thx amo

Unregistered
10-09-2011, 09:34 AM
im the person that owns the white nsx u are talking about. im gonna be selling it soon so text 07854823313 if anyone is interested in it. The car is in immaculate condition, look for it on pistonheads within the next month.