PDA

View Full Version : Pre Japfest track time - Friday 14th May

chrisR33
16-04-2010, 04:45 PM
***NOW CANCELLED***

Pre Japfest track time – Friday 14th May, Castle Combe

Firstly – this is not connected to the organisers of Japfest in any way – as you know they decided not to have a Friday track day this year.

I am a Skyline and track day enthusiast and due to a cancellation at the circuit an opportunity has arisen to secure an afternoon rental of the circuit on Friday the 14th May complete with marshals, first aid etc. It is for 45 cars split into 3 groups of 15. Each group will get a 15 – 20 min session per hour over a 3 hour period – that is 3 sessions in total. Normal track day rules will apply. The noise limit for the event is 100db based on a static test.

I am looking for 44 others to join me for this track time. This is not a trackday company event, it is more of a co-operative effort. Having said that, it will only be the admin side that is any different to any other track day. The circuit will provide the same levels of marshalling and safety support as any professionally organised day. However, it may affect the availability of trackday insurance if that is important to you.

As this is a co-operative effort there is no profit involved so the cost is only £82.50 per car for the 3 sessions. This works out at £27.50 per session compared to the show day cost of £35. Individual sessions will not be available though to keep things simple.

This is being offered on a first come first served basis and is being sent to a lot of the clubs that I know attended the show last year. Time is crucial in securing this event. The circuit have given me until 30th April to get the required 45 cars. If I can not get the 45 then the event can not run and all money would be refunded. Similarly, if the circuit get the opportunity to rent the track for the full day before the full 45 have paid the event will be cancelled and money refunded. This is a totally private event but as none of you know who I am the Skyline Owners Club (SOC) have kindly agreed to handle the sale of places and holding of the money so that everything is totally above board. This is purely as a favour to me as a member of the club. I must make it clear that this event is not organised or promoted by the SOC and they have no liability or responsibility for this event in any way at all.

The following link will take you to the shop where places can be bought or you may prefer to make your own way to the shop on the club web site: www.skyline-owners-club.com (http://www.skyline-owners-club.com)

Link:- http://www.skyline-owners-club.com/shop/proddetail.php?prod=JapfestTracktime (http://www.skyline-owners-club.com/shop/proddetail.php?prod=JapfestTracktime)

(You may need to copy and paste the link)

Payment is by Paypal only. Please leave full contact details so that I can acknowledge receipt of your payment and keep you informed of progress in getting this event secured. There will be no receipt or acknowledgement from SOC. I will also send you an indemnity form that will need completing.

As said before, this is totally on a first come first served basis. You are agreeing to take part in a track event with a group of like minded people completely at your own risk. If this is not for you then please do not buy a place. There will be no company to shout at if a session is red flagged early – you will just have to shout at the person who caused the red flag. There will be no refunds for bad weather, failing noise tests, car being deemed non track worthy, or any other reason besides not being able to get the full 45 or the circuit cancelling the event. It is totally your own responsibility to make sure your car is track worthy. The final decision on the cars condition will rest with the circuit.

Again, time is crucial so if you want to take part in this you need to act quickly. Please spread the word to anybody you think may be interested. I will coordinate things with the lucky 45 and keep everybody informed of progress.

Any questions can be posted in the thread I have opened for this in the events section of the Skyline Owners Club web site.

Thanks

Chris

Papalazarou
19-04-2010, 12:06 PM
does anyone fancy doing this? We've done it in the past and it's a lot of fun. Normally the sessions are reasonably quiet.

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
19-04-2010, 01:56 PM
depends when I'm arriving on the Friday ... if I can get a room etc

Papalazarou
19-04-2010, 02:04 PM
depends when I'm arriving on the Friday ... if I can get a room etc

Hi Paul,

You can stay at my house if you need to then convoy up on the Saturday.

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
19-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Thanx James,

Whats the travel time from CC to yours please?

regards, Paul

Hi Paul,

You can stay at my house if you need to then convoy up on the Saturday.

Cheers,

James.

Papalazarou
19-04-2010, 06:50 PM
About an hour and half.

Cheers,

James.

chrisR33
27-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Due to there only been 2 bookings (one of which was me) it is obvious that the required numbers for this will not be reached. Therefore I have cancelled this event sooner rather than later.

I hope everyone enjoys the show on the 15th.