PDA

View Full Version : trade ads in private ads section

ctrlaltdelboy
28-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Hi folks

can I just get a bit of discussion going on this subject following on from the recent beginnings of such in Dirk's most recently posted ad in the for sale section.

my opinion is this:

it is unfair to vendors such as DTA Motorsport, who have paid for the privilege of posting trader ads in the vendor section, to see other traders, such as Dirk, being able to post in the for sale section despite having not paid anything at all.

this situation should not be allowed to continue, as there would be no incentive for traders to either pay for the privilege of posting, or instead try and hide their trader status.

I propose that any trader ads posted outside the vendor section receive a reply to the poster pointing out the facilities available for traders with an invitation for the poster to pay the premium required and for the post to then be moved to the appropriate section once the trader has registered/paid.

in the event that xx amount of time elapses without the trader in question taking up the offer, the post gets deleted.

I welcome all opinions and discussions on this matter - the above is just a proposal based on my opinion and I'd welcome others to openly debate it's merit.

forumadmin
28-09-2005, 08:41 PM
That is exactly how the system is meant to operate.

In fact I delete traders posts, or any post I think is posing as a trader without warning. The rules say so.

As a mod yourself you have my permission to do the same. If you want to reply to the poster first, by all means do so, but I won't always be spending my time doing so.

ctrlaltdelboy
28-09-2005, 08:51 PM
agreed Kev - I did in fact consider just deleting the offending posts, but I paused and thought it might be worthwhile to give traders a heads up that the opportunity to pay for legitimate postings exists in case they weren't aware, in case they wish to take advantage of it, which I did in the post in question before staring this thread to see what other forum users thoughts were on the subject.

UltraViolet
29-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Out of respect to NSXCB - I personally would not buy from any trader disregarding the rules anyway. So even if I was looking for the parts Dirk is selling, I won't buy from him unless he pays up and supports the site he is using for advertising.

Sagacitas
29-09-2005, 11:06 AM
I was not aware of there being a different section just for traders. Now that I know about it I would agree with UltraViloet.

And for the record I am not a trader. I don't even own an NSX. I have simply wanted one ever since I first saw one (an showroom Acura NSX in the US - for which the dealer wanted $15,000 more than list :o ) I am still looking for one - and trying to convince the wife of the wisdom of owning one.

Hopefully one day - especially given the prices for the earlier models now. :D

Richard

ctrlaltdelboy
29-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Dirk has replied in the thread concerned positively regarding paying the premium to post as a vendor, so I guess this strategy is working fine so far, provided Dirk follows through.

once Dirk is an approved Vendor one of the mods can edit and move his for sale threads.