PDA

View Full Version : All Ireland NSX meet

Sudesh
02-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Just putting the feelers out to see how many owners would be interested and how many there are, in both North & South that would come along to an NSX meet?

It would be the first NSX gathering here that I know off.

Senninha
02-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Hi Sudesh,

How does one get to Ireland? Is it only be ferry? When are you thinking of this?

regards, Paul

Sudesh
03-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Hi Paul,

Yeah if travelling by car then ferry is the only crossing.

Haven't set any dates yet, wanted to see first how many owners would be interested. I know a few that aren't on the forum so have to call them. Then we have about 8 I think that are on the forum, 9 if Andrew [nobby] get's his shortly. Then there are NSX's here I know off but not the owners. At a guess, I think there is somewhere in the region of 17 to 20 NSX's in the country that I can think off. About 15 of them I know.

Hi Sudesh,

How does one get to Ireland? Is it only be ferry? When are you thinking of this?

regards, Paul

nobby
15-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Sudesh

count me in for sure
would love to meet fellow owners bAsed here and/or if others decide to come from farther afield

nobby
15-05-2010, 09:35 PM
dude your best bet would be to holyhead and then from there

Hi Sudesh,

regards, Paul

supramkivcork
15-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Thread revival :)

Any interest in meeting up with the mkiv supra owners club sometime lads as an Irish meet ?

We've had a few events with the skyline guys over last couple of years , I fancy something different now..

nobby
17-10-2010, 07:49 PM
I would be happy to go for it if other NSX'ers were game and support this.

have you a date and venue in mind?

we are getting close to winter, and a lot of people on here will be putting their cars away for the winter time bud, so keep that in mind too.

kind regards

Thread revival :)

Any interest in meeting up with the mkiv supra owners club sometime lads as an Irish meet ?

We've had a few events with the skyline guys over last couple of years , I fancy something different now..

Sudesh
17-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Mine is getting close to snooze town as it is lol

One or two thing to service and if its a good day, maybe one or two events or weekend out, but wouldnt be travelling far.

But I'm sure I could hop in with you if the boss isn't going:)

I would be happy to go for it if other NSX'ers were game and support this.

have you a date and venue in mind?

we are getting close to winter, and a lot of people on here will be putting their cars away for the winter time bud, so keep that in mind too.

kind regards

Justin
17-10-2010, 11:21 PM
"The value of life can be measured by how many times you soul has been put away for the winter" - Soichiro Honda

No, hold on, I might not have got that one word for word....

Only messin' chaps ;)

Sudesh
17-10-2010, 11:30 PM
I may gave up my NSX soul shortly;)

nobby
18-10-2010, 10:45 AM
LESS OF THIS TALK PLEASE! :(

The 'boss' would not be interested mate :)

I may gave up my NSX soul shortly;)

shane
18-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Hi all

Id be up for it.Any thoughts of when and where?

nobby
19-10-2010, 03:51 PM
hi mate

there has been no follow up on this since the guy's last post, so i guess until that happens there is no info like this as yet

Hi all

Id be up for it.Any thoughts of when and where?

Sudesh
19-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Shane I never really pushed this further as I had the NIPISTONHEADS events to look after with my friend, then with work and NSX work, I just didnt have any time.

But there is a Honda/Mugen meet this weekend in Ballymena at the Honda Dealership, and some of us NSX owners are hopefully going to be there.

So at the moment for that meet its

Sudesh
Andrew
Connor
Mark

But nothing really confirmed 100%!

This time of the year also doesnt help weather wise.

nobby
20-10-2010, 07:06 PM
C'MON guys, surely there could be more interest in this gathering ... it is a MUGEN day after all!

BE great to meet fellow owners based here, as there is so little of us anyways. Get your cars out and head up!

Sudesh
Andrew ('multi coloured swap shop' NSX :eek:)
Connor
Mark
Justin (NSX-less :()
Shane (sorry!)

Details are:

Anyone interested in coming could you send me an email on andy.thompson@donnellygroup.co.uk (andy.thompson@donnellygroup.co.uk). Just for numbers so we can get food organised.

Date : 23/10/2010 Time : 10am to 3pm.
Location : Donnelly and Taggart Honda, 120 Antrim Road, Ballymena, BT422HD

Sudesh
20-10-2010, 07:17 PM
You forgot Shane!

C'MON guys, surely there could be more interest in this gathering ... it is a MUGEN day after all!

BE great to meet fellow owners based here, as there is so little of us anyways. Get your cars out and head up!

Sudesh
Andrew ('multi coloured swap shop' NSX :eek:)
Connor
Mark
Justin (NSX-less :()

Details are:

Anyone interested in coming could you send me an email on andy.thompson@donnellygroup.co.uk (andy.thompson@donnellygroup.co.uk). Just for numbers so we can get food organised.

Date : 23/10/2010 Time : 10am to 3pm.
Location : Donnelly and Taggart Honda, 120 Antrim Road, Ballymena, BT422HD

nobby
20-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Amended!

;)

you forgot shane!

supramkivcork
22-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Sorry gents. Internet been acting up recently quite bad, anyway I was thinking next year really to be honest. Maybe spring-time get some ideas and something together to happen to benefit all of us.

Too short notice and plenty of lads with their motors off the road for the winter.

Personally speaking I'm living in Cork at the southern tip of the south of ireland but for fairness I would think think somewhere like Dublin would be good.

I organised a Supra Skyline owners weekend in Carlow last Summer . We had it over an entire weekend, most lads booked into the same hotel for the Saturday evening had a few beers some grub and got to know the fellow petrolheads in a very relaxed atmosphere. Most of the guys were mid 20's to mid 40's, everyone seemed to mix and there was good banter. Good mix of North and South lads at this too, there was another Supra Skyline weekend this summer with a dyno day on the Saturday at Torque Tronix and attendance at the udc on the Sunday

http://sideways-racing.com/2010/06/07/supra-vs-skyline/

I'm up for anything really as long as it's planned correctly, maybe a bit of magazine coverage to ensure the interest from the owners etc. I know I can get it featured in the motoring column of the Northern Ireland Daily Mirror and have decent contacts in a couple of other mags too.

nobby
22-10-2010, 06:03 PM
aye sounds the business alright, 2011 just seems to be more realistic. If its a good meet happy to travel, and others on this forum too would be OK about that too

see what pans out over the course of 2011

Sorry gents. Internet been acting up recently quite bad, anyway I was thinking next year really to be honest. Maybe spring-time get some ideas and something together to happen to benefit all of us.

Too short notice and plenty of lads with their motors off the road for the winter.

Personally speaking I'm living in Cork at the southern tip of the south of ireland but for fairness I would think think somewhere like Dublin would be good.

I organised a Supra Skyline owners weekend in Carlow last Summer . We had it over an entire weekend, most lads booked into the same hotel for the Saturday evening had a few beers some grub and got to know the fellow petrolheads in a very relaxed atmosphere. Most of the guys were mid 20's to mid 40's, everyone seemed to mix and there was good banter. Good mix of North and South lads at this too, there was another Supra Skyline weekend this summer with a dyno day on the Saturday at Torque Tronix and attendance at the udc on the Sunday

http://sideways-racing.com/2010/06/07/supra-vs-skyline/

I'm up for anything really as long as it's planned correctly, maybe a bit of magazine coverage to ensure the interest from the owners etc. I know I can get it featured in the motoring column of the Northern Ireland Daily Mirror and have decent contacts in a couple of other mags too.

supramkivcork
23-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Excellent stuff Nobby !

The thread is up on mkivsupra.net now to garner interest, there has been a few already lay down that they'll be interested in it.

Just had a thought also, at the recent cannonball run here in Ireland I got chatting to the main organiser of it,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pURsl089oRE

I wonder would ye be interested in trying to get a few of these guys on board, the organiser of the cannonball seemed very approacable to be honest and said all the guys were a good crack to be around... just an idea at the moment

By the way is Fred a member on here, chap from Cork Southern Ireland with a 91 Nsx with gold BBS wheels, if not I have a contact number for him as I'd say he'd be interested in this event too..

supramkivcork
23-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Few names that have declared an interest already folks

1. Supramkivcork
2. Geo
3. Suprab1
4. ColmCork
5. Stephen G
6. Nobby (NSX)
7. Jake G
8. Speedophile
9. Suprandi

supramkivcork
02-11-2010, 11:48 AM
What about adding some Go-Karting into the Mix, the first ever Track built to Karting international standard opened in Ireland about 5 weeks back; one of the guys on the Supra forum will be testing it out in the next few weeks

White River Park
Louth, Ireland
Phone:087-0911109
Email: info@WhiteRiver.ie
www.whiteriver.ie/

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs341.snc4/41564_170248872050_3725_n.jpg

Justin
02-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Few names that have declared an interest already folks

1. Supramkivcork
2. Geo
3. Suprab1
4. ColmCork
5. Stephen G
6. Nobby (NSX)
7. Jake G
8. Speedophile
9. Suprandi