View Full Version : How much is this worth?

gcon45
02-04-2010, 08:52 AM
I'm going to sell my 2002 steering wheel and airbag but I'm unsure of how much to ask for it.

Going by what they go for on prime I'd be taking a guess of around £300 + shipping?

There's no point in keeping it as I've just fitted the Momo wheel and this is just taking up space in the garage.

It's mint and has been used for 30,000 miles:

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5312/p1020695z.jpg (http://img41.imageshack.us/i/p1020695z.jpg/)

Any ideas?

Sudesh
02-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Connor, personally I would keep it.

Unless you plan on keeping your car indefinitely, then dont sell it. Someone looking to buy that car at a later date may prefer the OEM wheel and want the airbag and cruise. Also your wheel is the newer style [perforated leather] which could be hard to track down if for example you decided to sell, and potential customers want the OEM wheel on it.

I'm going to sell my 2002 steering wheel and airbag but I'm unsure of how much to ask for it.

Going by what they go for on prime I'd be taking a guess of around £300 + shipping?

There's no point in keeping it as I've just fitted the Momo wheel and this is just taking up space in the garage.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5312/p1020695z.jpg (http://img41.imageshack.us/i/p1020695z.jpg/)

Any ideas?

Nytram
02-04-2010, 09:46 AM
I tend to agree with Sudesh, I would keep it somewhere safe, you never know.

AR
02-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Connor I was in the same boat, except that mine was the older style I sold it as I am a bit aprehensive of keeping SRS systems just in case.

I think the price is fair, but only sell it if YOU are sure that you would not want it back.

In sum is not point keeping it if you are keeping the car.

A.S. Motorsport
02-04-2010, 02:11 PM

Any ideas?
Keep it.

Anyway it's worth way more than 300

Hagasan
02-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Yep pretty unanimous opinion and I agree too.

I've made some quite considerable changes with updates to my 96 car using 02+ parts like your car has. This includes wheels, rear valence, side skirts, door cards, steering wheel, console, stereo, a/c control, brakes etc.

One thing I have done and always will with any cars I modify is keep the original parts. I'm sure in my case there would be a few potential buyers, should I sell my car, that woud like the updated parts but I always feel that a car is better sold standardish and in your case with an airbag wheel I'd keep it for returning to that state. Original parts on niche/rare cars is always a key point in retaing value and saleability....

Just my thoughts....

A.S. Motorsport
02-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Yep pretty unanimous opinion and I agree too.

I've made some quite considerable changes with updates to my 96 car using 02+ parts like your car has. This includes wheels, rear valence, side skirts, door cards, steering wheel, console, stereo, a/c control, brakes etc.

One thing I have done and always will with any cars I modify is keep the original parts. I'm sure in my case there would be a few potential buyers, should I sell my car, that woud like the updated parts but I always feel that a car is better sold standardish and in your case with an airbag wheel I'd keep it for returning to that state. Original parts on niche/rare cars is always a key point in retaing value and saleability....

Just my thoughts....
Yep that's completely correct.
Having the stock parts does help in a sale.

gcon45
02-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I intend to keep the NSX for good so affecting the resale issue isn't a problem.

A.S. Motorsport
02-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I intend to keep the NSX for good so affecting the resale issue isn't a problem.
I can one hand understand that statement but you can't predict the future can you? so having a contingency is always handy.
Anyway it's worth quite a bit of money since it's a honda airbag and a 02+ wheel

AR
02-04-2010, 03:57 PM
I can one hand understand that statement but you can't predict the future can you? so having a contingency is always handy.
Anyway it's worth quite a bit of money since it's a honda airbag and a 02+ wheel

In America yes it is worth a premiun because of the "Honda" badge, but here all the NSX are Honda.

Best bet would be Ebay with a reasonable reserve.

TheSebringOne
02-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Ary, I thought Honda re brand to Acura in the US to make it more of a prestige brand? Like Lexus here instead of Toyota.

gcon45
02-04-2010, 04:32 PM
The car will never leave the family as my Father says he'd want it to keep in his collection even if I did decide to sell, which I won't!

Ary, I thought Honda re brand to Acura in the US to make it more of a prestige brand? Like Lexus here instead of Toyota.

I'm sure there are a cult of JDM obsessed purists in the states! :)

TheSebringOne
02-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I agree with the majority to keep it as the car is rare, parts should not depreciate in the future as the car gets rarer?

A.S. Motorsport
02-04-2010, 04:54 PM
In America yes it is worth a premiun because of the "Honda" badge, but here all the NSX are Honda.

Best bet would be Ebay with a reasonable reserve.
still on main land europe they are worth a good bit since we have got lots of acura imports

A.S. Motorsport
02-04-2010, 04:57 PM
The car will never leave the family as my Father says he'd want it to keep in his collection even if I did decide to sell, which I won't!

Part price are pretty stable.

And off course Honda is just superior to Acura :laugh:, (no seriously, Acura's are mostly downgraded Honda's)

Sudesh
02-04-2010, 05:37 PM
I'd still keep the wheel and airbag, even more so if adding to a collection at some stage. A real collector would want it original. One of the big things I would find odd is the fact the passenger side has an airbag and drivers doesnt. Fine for you now as thats a mod you wanted to do and suits you. But again if selling or adding to a collecton, I'd put the original wheel and airbag back on.

A.S. Motorsport
02-04-2010, 06:44 PM
I'd still keep the wheel and airbag, even more so if adding to a collection at some stage. A real collector would want it original. One of the big things I would find odd is the fact the passenger side has an airbag and drivers doesnt. Fine for you now as thats a mod you wanted to do and suits you. But again if selling or adding to a collecton, I'd put the original wheel and airbag back on.
very good point.