PDA

View Full Version : Accord estate - lovely

Ewan
01-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Here's a funny story. The Mrs is MD of a financial services firm, and went to go & visit a potential new client the other week. Rather than take her A8, she decided to go in the grey Accord estate, cos the client was pretty austere and wouldn't appreciate a big flash car on the drive...

Anyway, after discussions finish and they're seeing her out, the bloke (a Rev of some description) is gushing over what a lovely car she has, and how he's always liked those etc etc.

Week or so later, she says the Rev is coming to her office to see her, so she better take the Accord... he parks next to her in the car park, and first thing he says on arrival ... "you know, I really DO like your car!"

:)

To think it's the beater and all ... :)

NoelWatson
01-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Here's a funny story. The Mrs is MD of a financial services firm, and went to go & visit a potential new client the other week. Rather than take her A8, she decided to go in the grey Accord estate, cos the client was pretty austere and wouldn't appreciate a big flash car on the drive...

Anyway, after discussions finish and they're seeing her out, the bloke (a Rev of some description) is gushing over what a lovely car she has, and how he's always liked those etc etc.

Week or so later, she says the Rev is coming to her office to see her, so she better take the Accord... he parks next to her in the car park, and first thing he says on arrival ... "you know, I really DO like your car!"

:)

To think it's the beater and all ... :)

I was having a chat with the salesman in Chiswick Honda as I am looking for a reliable family car, something that the 330i isn't. Apparently the 2.4 petrol is a special order - 5 month waiting list.

Ewan
01-04-2010, 07:38 PM
I was having a chat with the salesman in Chiswick Honda as I am looking for a reliable family car, something that the 330i isn't. Apparently the 2.4 petrol is a special order - 5 month waiting list.
No surprises - I can't imagine too many punters ready to buy a 2.4 petrol these days. That said, I think you'd be mental to buy a brand new one anyway - they're good cars but they'll lose you a chunk of cash in the first couple of years.

What about http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201013355817290/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/fuel-type/petrol/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/body-type/estate/model/accord/make/honda/postcode/rg74aj/radius/1500/page/2?logcode=p ?

I bought my diesel esate (previous gen - actually a better car, IMHO, cos the boot is larger than the newer fastback-style tourer), at a few months under 3 years old from a small trader, 60k on the clock, fully loaded with nav/leather/heated seats/bluetooth etc, for £8.5k, about 18 months ago. It's probably not worth much less than that now, with 10k more miles. And it does 40mpg day in/out.

havoc
01-04-2010, 07:58 PM
My Dad has a prev-gen CTDi Tourer, and really likes it. In fact, since I got my MB-series Civic VTi some years ago (at which point he saw it, liked it and got a 1.6SE Exec), he's only ever had Hondas (1x Civic, 2x Accords) or Mazdas (2x MX-5s).

NoelWatson
01-04-2010, 08:00 PM
What about http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201013355817290/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/fuel-type/petrol/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/body-type/estate/model/accord/make/honda/postcode/rg74aj/radius/1500/page/2?logcode=p ?

Auto. I'm not that old yet.