PDA

View Full Version : The elusive Headlight Washer system

nigel
01-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Two days ago "modarr" listed a "headlight washer bottle" for sale and of course I P/Med him straight away.
I still haven't heard from him and i'm wondering if anyone knows him and could see if he still has it as i've not heard from him.
I'm sure it's not as important to him as it is to me but I don't want to let any bits slip past.

Cheers
nigel

modarr
01-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Nigel,
Sent you a pm. Moving house in a few days so bit busy.
I'll save it for you.
Mo

Hagasan
01-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Hurrah for Nigel yeah :laugh::laugh:. How long haveyou been looking for this part now??

Hope it works out for you...

Senninha
01-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi Nigel,

What other parts do you need before the install begins?

regards,

Paul

nigel
01-04-2010, 10:05 PM
It's been over two years now.
Looks like i'm on the way.
I bought the console switch from Sudesh, the bumper nozzles from the Honda dealer in Nassau and they cost nearly 60 quid just for the nozzles, no clips or hoses, so now i'm looking for EVERYTHING except the switch, bottle and the nozzles.
That's why I decided to try and find the bits from a breaker as it would be near 700 quid one bit at a time.
Good things come ......
they say.

Cheers
nigel

Senninha
01-04-2010, 10:08 PM
I would have thought the link to the race car company should have provided all parts ... or were they being greedy with pricing?

regards, Paul

NSXGB
01-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Nigel, I might be able to help you out bringing parts across the pond. I'm over end of May and will be visiting Parrot Key at least one day...

nigel
01-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Paul,
I P/Med the lads there after your tip and they had two systems at one time but long gone now.
I P/Med Detlef last week again just in case and he had nothing.
Dirk had some bits, wiring and pumps but as we all know he's had a bit of bad luck.
Thanks lads for helping, NSXCB is the BEST.
Sooner or later i'll have it all.

Cheers
nigel

nigel
01-04-2010, 10:19 PM
NSXGB
Are you speaking of Parrot Cay, Bahamas, just outside Hope Town, Abaco or Parrot Key in Ft. Myers Beach, Florida where I live?
My friend Lori and her family have a boat rental in the Bahamas.
Any help would be appreciated and returned some day.
All the best.

Cheers
nigel

Senninha
01-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Have you tried AR, AMO or Mutley for parts?

Amo had the Japfest rollover car as a breaker

AR has done an 02 upgrade so wont need the washer system

Mutley I think bought Ary's old front end so might have some bits from his old front end ... hopr this makes sense

Good Luck

Paul

NSXGB
01-04-2010, 10:26 PM
NSXGB
Are you speaking of Parrot Cay, Bahamas, just outside Hope Town, Abaco or Parrot Key in Ft. Myers Beach, Florida where I live?
My friend Lori and her family have a boat rental in the Bahamas.
Any help would be appreciated and returned some day.
All the best.

Cheers
nigel

Ft Myers. I'm staying near Port Charlotte but will be travelling down your way for an anniversary meal...got married at the Sanibel Harbour Resort 3 years ago now...

nigel
01-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Paul,
No, I haven't asked them but now i'll give them a P/M.
I know James has had a bit of bad luck with his MoT and may be busy there.
I saw the pictures of the roll over car but didn't know where it got off to.
Thanks for the tip.

Cheers
nigel

nigel
01-04-2010, 10:35 PM
NSXGB,
Are you up in Charolette county NOW?
I'm up in Washington, D.C. as we speak moding some helicopters for work but if your there i'll try and make time and to get down hopefully before you leave.
By the way, if you are up in Port Charolette now, GET YOUR BUTTOCKS OFF THE COMPUTER AND GET DOWN TO THE BEACH !!

Cheers
nigel

Sudesh
01-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Glad to see your getting there Nigel

If you have the nozzles, tank and pump, you won't really need anything else other than The hose and you can make that up yourself quite easily. All you need to do then is put the headlight wash on a seperate circuit and your done

might be actually be worth checking your car for the oem plugs etc as they usually come pre wired or the plugs taped back.

Sudesh
01-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Nigel have you any experince on the Bell222 and what's your thoughts. PM me if it doesn't suit to reply now.

NSXGB
01-04-2010, 10:46 PM
NSXGB,
Are you up in Charolette county NOW?
I'm up in Waashingtom D.C. as we speak moding some helicopters for work but if your there i'll try and make time and to get down hopefully before you leave.
By the way, if you are up in Port Charolette now, GET YOUR BOTTOCKS OFF THE COMPUTER AND GET DOWN TO THE BEACH !!

Cheers
nigel

Not there now, going in May for my vacation....:)

nigel
01-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Per Kaz, there are three wiring harnesses for the NSX, the JDM, the UK and the US Acura versions.
The US version, of course, doesn't have ANY of the connectors or pre-wiring as they don't have the offerings for the half staff aerial, the H/L washer system, fog lights, (front or rear) thus they don't have the blank connectors below the console, unused or not, or any of the wiring for the relays or the seperate pump for the washers.
I think you might already know, I was also looking for the bits for a rear foglight as well. That should be fairly easy, provided I can come up with the wiring but the actual light is mainly a turn signal lens swap with some wiring and possibly a relay, I think.
I quite like the lighter tint of the early US tail lights so i'm hoping to find an exchange of the proper lens with the foglight that someone might want to swap for mine as they're in prefect shape. If not I might just to have to pay HUK, which we all know won't be cheap and shut my gob.
I've spoken to the Kaz about the rear fog light but I want to get the H/L W/S sorted first.
Which reminds me, is there a link for the U.K. service manual and wiring diagrams PDF like at Prime for the U.S. version I can download?
That would be a great help with the wiring i'm trying to do.
I want to only to use Honda bits and have become fairly familiar with the scrap yard as it's a good resource over here for crashed Hondas and Acuras for proper wiring colours and connectors.

Cheers
nigel

nigel
01-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Sudesh,
A or B model?
Be sure you want the truth because I will tell you if you want.
Even though i'm working for American Eurocopter now, (just over a year) i've been doing Bells for near twenty years now.

Cheers
nigel

mutley
02-04-2010, 10:16 PM
I haven't got round to changing the nose yet, but if there is anything there that you need you can have.
Pity you bought nozzles as I have then and a couple of hoses.

Will get back to you ASAP.

Jim

nigel
03-04-2010, 04:07 AM
James,
Thanks so much. Any bits will be greatly appreciated.
Any luck with the front end bits for your car?
If you have to get the parts from the states let me know and I can give my new friend, the parts manager from Reno Acura, a ring.
His name is Clint.
If you want his number let me know.

NSXGB,
Two of my dearest friends in the world and their daughter Louise work at Parrot Key on the party boat, The Fast Ferry to Key West I think.
They're from Ilkley, west of York, Peter and Jane Ray.
If we don't get together you must look them up.
They know me as Wink.
Known them for 16+ years since they sold everything and came over to Ft. Myers Beach to stay.

Cheers
nigel

NSXGB
03-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Nice one Nigel.
How do Reno Acura's prices compare with Ray Laks and Acurapartswarehouse? I have a bit of a shopping list for when I come over, as you can imagine...

nigel
03-04-2010, 05:46 PM
I've been working with Ray Laks, (JR and Tim) for over three years and just recently, Tim lost job as they closed their internet offerings I was told.
Clint, at Reno Acura has steped up and has offered free posting here in the states and i'm willing to work with any of you fellows to post "gifts" over to help. He says he'll meet or be as close as possible to Ray Laks prices.

An example of his devotion to those of us NSX owners.

Clint is the Parts Manager at Reno Acura and has contacted me for the resolution of the discontinued "Keyless Entry System" for the '91 / '92 NSXs.
I've taken delivery of one of these systems from the '93 to sort out any problems that may arise to adapt it to the '91 / '92 NSX.
I'm sure Kaz will be involved but I want to have specifics before I contact him.
I'm currently over in D.C. right now so I don't have access to my car, (a '92) but Clint and myself, (this system I don't have but want) if at all possible, will come up with a proper adapation to the '91 / '92 NSX for those of us who don't have one and want to use ONLY Genuine Honda Parts.
He has offered to give my money back if we can't get it sorted. Very unsual for an electrical part and a dealer.
If it works there'll be a limited number of them because there's only a few of the '93 systems left but we have frozen them so when it's sorted we'll have all avialable left.

Cheers
nigel

Sudesh
03-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Hi Nigel,

Its a Bell 222A, can you PM or email your thoughts

Thanks

NSXGB
04-04-2010, 10:11 AM
If you don't mind, I'll be in touch if Tim has lost his job & Ray Laks no longer do the mail order.

nigel
04-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Give Clint a ring at 1-775-229-7777, WWW.ACURAOFRENO.COM (http://www.ACURAOFRENO.COM) or e-mail him at CHOWELL@ACURAOFRENO.COM
Tell Clint nigel told you to contact him.
It's real sad about Tim and last week Clint said he'd be glad to hire him but he didn't think he'd be willing to move from New York all the way to Reno, Nv.
Tim has two great kids so I don't think he'd be willing to move that far from them.

Cheers
nigel

NSXGB
04-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Thanks Nigel,
Will shoot him a mail with my shopping list...

NSXGB
06-04-2010, 11:53 PM
I've received a mail back from Clint and his prices are not too bad but I'm intrigued by a new member to the board - OEMAcuraPartsTim (http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/member.php?u=2258) - so I'll sit tight for a while before placing my order...

nigel
07-04-2010, 12:27 AM
NSXGB and all others who have used the services of Tim Polniak at Ray Laks Acura in New York.
Tim was sacked from Ray Laks as they closed their internet dept so he's had some peckish times until now.
He's been hired by an Acura dealer in Peoria, Arizona and is working from his house in New York for them doing what he did for me and all for the last few years.
I told him of Clint at Acura of Reno and his entry into our community and he says he'll continue to do the great job again for a better franchise than Ray Laks.
He e-mailed me just yesterday returning my p/m from a month ago to let me know he's sorted and I told him to post and let all know he's here to help again.
You can trust he'll do a good job helping sort your bits.
He's aware of the high prices from HUK, the VAT and shipping as well as Clint at Acura of Reno so we have two great guys anxious to help us keep our NSX's in top shape at as reasonable a price as possible.
Please feel free to use the e-mail in NSXGB's post to get hold of him or Clint's in my previous post and I think we'll all win.
I have to pay the same price for my bits as everyone else and i'm just a helicopter engineer and pilot so money comes hard for me just like most of the rest and I have faith that they're the best suppliers about.

Cheers
nigel

NSXGB
07-04-2010, 12:41 AM
Nice one Nigel.