PDA

View Full Version : Gaydon Supercar Sunday - 27th June 2010

Ewan
28-03-2010, 07:04 PM
EDIT: See http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showpost.php?p=73699&postcount=39 for final details

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last year, we had a great turnout at the Heritage Motor Centre - see http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=6192 for more details.

This year, the organisers have offered us 12 vehicle and 18 entrant passes.

I'm not sure if I'll be there this year, but I'm happy to coordinate the tickets for everyone else...

Let me know if you want to go, and nearer the time I'll get your name & address off you, and have the organisers send the stuff out directly.

rgds
Ewan

Dragonlady
28-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Count us in please, NSX this year and not a Supra.

Regards Sharon

ollie
28-03-2010, 07:56 PM
had a great time last year , so count me in again this year

steve

Lankstarr
28-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Thisis a great day out. Is it always father's day?

L*

Andy
31-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Alwasy enjoyed this event - please count me in (+ passenger)

Andy

Senninha
31-03-2010, 10:25 PM
I'll pass this year due to back2back weekends with Euro trip and Silverstone.

Have a good one guys n girls

regards, Paul

charlie:one
01-04-2010, 06:51 PM
hi all yes count me in please , this event is allways good, nigel

Ewan
01-04-2010, 06:56 PM
so, let's suggest that anyone else who wants to go, add themselves to this list...

GOING
Dragonlady (Sharon)
ollie (Steve)
charlie:one (Nigel)
Andy

MAYBE
Ewan
Lankstarr (Luke)

sorepaws
02-04-2010, 04:36 PM
so, let's suggest that anyone else who wants to go, add themselves to this list...

GOING
Dragonlady (Sharon)
ollie (Steve)
Andy
sorepaws (Mike +1)

MAYBE
Ewan
Lankstarr (Luke)

I hope I did this right !

nationofzeros
03-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Hi Ewan - thanks for organising this eclectic and highly enjoyable event once again - very keen to attend if possible

Thanks

Chris (NA1 NSX-R)

Dragonlady
03-05-2010, 08:10 PM
GOING
Dragonlady (Sharon) +1
ollie (Steve)
Andy
Sorepaws +1

MAYBE
Ewan
Lankstarr (Luke)
Chris NA1 NSX-R

Better add the other half.

We have booked 12 days off so we can go to both events, really looking forward to that week!

Sharon

Ewan
19-05-2010, 06:17 AM
OK folks. The Supercar Sunday event on 27th June draws closer. This year, the organisers won't be sending out tickets, but will be able to be picked up on site. For a club stand, they're asking that we are on-site by 9:30am as the gates to the public open at 10.00.

http://www.supercarsunday.co.uk/pages/features/show_features.html

As mentioned earlier in the thread, we've been offered up to 12 car passes and 18 visitor passes.

GOING
Dragonlady (Sharon) +1
ollie (Steve)
charlie:one (Nigel +1)
Andy +1
Sorepaws +1

MAYBE
Ewan
Lankstarr (Luke)
nationofzeroes (Chris NA1 NSX-R)

Any other takers?

19-05-2010, 06:49 AM
I will try to make this as last year had great weather (maybe a bit too good!!) so i'll put myself down as a maybe :)

OK folks. The Supercar Sunday event on 27th June draws closer. This year, the organisers won't be sending out tickets, but will be able to be picked up on site. For a club stand, they're asking that we are on-site by 9:30am as the gates to the public open at 10.00.

http://www.supercarsunday.co.uk/page..._features.html (http://www.supercarsunday.co.uk/pages/features/show_features.html)

As mentioned earlier in the thread, we've been offered up to 12 car passes and 18 visitor passes.

GOING
Dragonlady (Sharon) +1
ollie (Steve)
Andy +1
Sorepaws +1

MAYBE
Ewan
Lankstarr (Luke)
Andy (328) +1

havoc
19-05-2010, 07:11 AM
Damn, that's 2 out of 3 meets I'm going to miss this year - we'll be driving back through France that day! :(

Please tell me lots of people are doing the SS Classic this year?!?

(Which, BTW, I've a spare weekend ticket for if anyone wants it?)

simonprelude
19-05-2010, 10:22 AM
(Which, BTW, I've a spare weekend ticket for if anyone wants it?)

Let me check my diary :)

Hagasan
22-05-2010, 09:26 PM
GOING
Dragonlady (Sharon) +1
ollie (Steve)
Andy +1
Sorepaws +1

MAYBE
Ewan
Lankstarr (Luke)
Hagasan (Gary)

Any other takers?

Dragonlady
29-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Are we going to meet up at the services on the motorway again like last year?

Ian

Ewan
30-05-2010, 06:18 PM

Ian

That sounds like a plan. I'd suggest 8:30am for a 8:45am depart from the Cherwell Valley services at M40 J10. Either head straight to J12 for Gaydon, or come off at J11 and take the B4100 Warwick Road (said to be one of the best roads in the UK) parallel to the m-way, to arrive in Gaydon before 9:30am.

I'll do a final roll call for tickets this week - looks like there will be substantially fewer NSXs this year than last, but no worries. I'll need everyone who wants to come to PM me (if you haven't already...)
* your full name
* number of entry tickets (ie # persons)
* your address

... and I'll pass the details on to the organisers. This year, they'll be handing out tickets on-site rather than posting in advance.

Oh, if anyone who's definitely going can get the club banner, that would be cool ;-)

cheers
Ewan

Dragonlady
30-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Oh, if anyone who's definitely going can get the club banner, that would be cool ;-)

cheers
Ewan

Where is the club banner held?

Sharon

31-05-2010, 12:18 AM
I did add my name previously to the list of maybes...but it dissapeared from the most recent list :(

Still, I hope I can make it with you guys :)

Cheers,

Andy (328) +1

GOING
Dragonlady (Sharon) +1
ollie (Steve)
Andy +1
Sorepaws +1

MAYBE
Ewan
Lankstarr (Luke)
Hagasan (Gary)

Any other takers?

Ewan
31-05-2010, 06:36 AM
Where is the club banner held?

Sharon

Good question, but I think someone (SimonPrelude?) brought it along to JapFest...

Hagasan
03-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Now able to go

GOING
Dragonlady (Sharon) +1
ollie (Steve)
Andy +1
Sorepaws +1
Hagasan (Gary)

MAYBE
Ewan
Lankstarr (Luke)
Andy (328) +1

Any other takers?

ollie
03-06-2010, 01:57 PM

Ian

good idea , driving up in convoy is half the fun , what time , who else is up for meeting at the services

steve

bobbyswanbourne
03-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Hagasan http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?p=71969#post71969)
GOING
Dragonlady (Sharon) +1
ollie (Steve)
Andy +1
Sorepaws +1
Hagasan (Gary)y

Bobby Swanbourne +1

MAYBE
Ewan
Lankstarr (Luke)
Andy (328) +1

Ewan
03-06-2010, 05:02 PM
good idea , driving up in convoy is half the fun , what time , who else is up for meeting at the services

steve
See earlier in the thread :)

I'd suggest 8:30am for a 8:45am depart from the Cherwell Valley services at M40 J10. Either head straight to J12 for Gaydon, or come off at J11 and take the B4100 Warwick Road (said to be one of the best roads in the UK) parallel to the m-way, to arrive in Gaydon before 9:30am.

Anyone who's heading from the M4, up the A404 to the M40, fancy meeting at the truck parking on the left, just before the Bisham roundabout ... how about a rendezvous there at 7:45am?

Driver Matt
04-06-2010, 07:06 AM
You can add me to the list.
Keen to put some distance on Glastonbury.
Anyone for a blat up the Fosse way ?

simonprelude
04-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Good question, but I think someone (SimonPrelude?) brought it along to JapFest...

Yes I picked it up from lowflyer just before, anyone local ish to me able to pick it up?

Driver Matt if you're going that would be good, if not I could give it to Lankstarr when I see him if he confirms.

Chris B N
04-06-2010, 10:03 AM
all being well I will now be able to make ( fingers crossed )
so I will make my own way there, pay on the gate and see you on the stand

Chris

sorepaws
14-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Any info on how the tickets are being distributed ?

Ewan
14-06-2010, 07:08 PM
I've pressed the organisers a couple of times for more details, but haven't heard back - one way or another, it'll be collect on-site. Nearer the time, I'll post further instruction...

cheers
Ewan

PS - SimonP - did you see Luke recently, or are you planning to? If so, could you bung him the banner and I/we will take it up there?

Ewan
15-06-2010, 09:21 PM
OK, I got some instructions...

There will be a club pickup point, on the left hand side just before the roundabout as approached from the main road (heading to the HMC, you'd turn right at the roundabout)
If you're planning to arrive at the centre before 9:30am, then wait in the supposedly signposted "Club Waiting Area" on the left
When the M40 convoy arrives ~9:30, we'll pick up car passes/wristbands - if you're going to be later than that, then PM me and I'll give you instructions for picking up your own entry tickets and my mobile number so you can make contact onsite if need be.
cheers
Ewan

20-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Sorry I wont be able to make the show this year!! :(

Last years was great and the weather was awesome...so its a real shame.

I hope you guys have loads of fun and make sure you post some photos of the great event!

Cheers,

Andy

Martin
21-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Is it too late to put my name down for this? :)

Ewan
21-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Is it too late to put my name down for this? :)

Nope, not at all. It's looking likely that I won't be there, so you can have my ticket if nothing else :)

I'll tidy this up on Thursday with a list of who is supposedly going, and instructions for collecting the tickets.

cheers
Ewan

markc
21-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Hello Ewan,

I'm also interested in coming along to this now, could you put me on the wait list please.

Cheers

Mark

Andy
23-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Hi all
I will definitely be coming and will meet the others at Cherwell
Looking forward to it
Andy

Martin
23-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Nope, not at all. It's looking likely that I won't be there, so you can have my ticket if nothing else :)

I'll tidy this up on Thursday with a list of who is supposedly going, and instructions for collecting the tickets.

cheers
Ewan

Thanks Ewan :)

Chris B N
24-06-2010, 07:35 AM
definitely coming, will meet up at Cherwell Valley services at 08:30
Chris BN

Ewan
24-06-2010, 08:48 PM
OK peeps. Sadly, I'm not going to be making it on Sunday :(

However, assuming the turnout isn't slashed due to football, here's the list of who's in for going:

GOING
Dragonlady (Sharon) +1
ollie (Steve)
Andy +1
Sorepaws (Mike) +1
Hagasan (Gary)
bobbyswanborne +1
Driver Matt
Chris B N
Martin
MarkC

MAYBE
Lankstarr (Luke)
nationofzeros (Chris)

We had 12 car tickets and 18 people tickets, so still (just) under the wire for free entry :)

Convoy
Make your own way there (they're asking that you get there by 9:30am but since part of the billed attraction is that some supercars will arrive in convoy after the gates open, I guess it doesn't much matter), or else meet at 8:30 for 8:45am depart at Cherwell Valley services by M40 J10.

Collecting Tickets
Pick them up onsite - instructions from the organisers:

Please follow the signs to the Club Pick Up Point and pick up the
following: -

• Club wristbands, these must be worn at all times, please put them on before you enter the Spine road – this will speed your entry

• Vehicle Passes, please display these at all times, to ease access onto the arenas, see pass for display instructions

Please quote your CLUB NAME (NSXCB) and BOOKING REFERENCE (number 34) to obtain the above.

You can arrange for a single individual to pick up all of the above and distribute them accordingly. Otherwise wristbands, passes, etc will be distributed on a first come basis.

[NB: it's going to be first-come, first-served I'm afraid, since I won't be there to collect in advance and distribute. I suppose the strongest bet of getting in would be to be in the Cherwell Valley convoy...]

There will be a "Club Meeting Area" provided to allow you to distribute the Wristbands and Vehicle Passes to your members so that they are visible to Heritage Motor Centre staff when they enter the roundabout to drive down the Spine Road. (See diagram for Club Pick Up Point and Club Meeting Area at
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B2ghJoKk5kRbYTBjOTE5ZmQtYmJjNC00MzAxL TlkYTQtNDBhMDk1YzIyN2Uz&hl=en (https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B2ghJoKk5kRbYTBjOTE5ZmQtYmJjNC00MzAxL TlkYTQtNDBhMDk1YzIyN2Uz&hl=en))

You will not be able to distribute them on the Entry Road, the Spine Road or the Arenas.

Only cars with a Vehicle Pass and wristbands for driver and all passengers will be allowed down the Spine road.

Display
I've asked for a tarmac display area to accomodate up to 12 cars, in a U shaped formation (cars diagonally parked along the sides) - if anyone has the club banner and can bring it along (Driver Matt? Simonprelude had it IIRC) then it could be laid on the ground between the cars maybe...

Departure
Organisers are asking that any cars in the main display area should be there "throughout Sunday". Personally, I'd be amazed if many stick around much after lunch :)

Have fun folks, sorry I can't be there but various other things are getting in the way (England's exit from the WC isn't one, honestly), including the Goodwood FoS the following week.

Note there are a few other car events on this Sunday, like the Goodwood Breakfast Club (open top specials, so NSX-Ts could go to that...) and a Pistonheads Sunday Service at Mercedes-Benz World too.

cheers
Ewan

ollie
26-06-2010, 02:16 PM
hi guys ,

i have now got to f#$%ing work tomorrow , so i miss supercar sunday and the football in the pub !
hope you all have a good day

steve

Andy
27-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Hi all
Sorry I did not make it to Gaydon today. I left home OK but hit a muntjac deer on the way! One verty dead deer and some light damage to the front of the NSX

Hopefully the insurance will sort out the damage to the nose and splitter

Andy

gumball
27-06-2010, 05:20 PM
So sad, I hate it when these poor animals are hit by cars. :(

Ewan
27-06-2010, 05:59 PM
sorry to hear of your accident, Andy :(

Anyone else who went there: how'd it go? Was there a reasonable turnout? Certainly had the weather for it!

cheers
Ewan

sorepaws
27-06-2010, 06:50 PM
A great day - fabulous weather - and a few select NSX

ty Ewan for your hard work with the organisers

Chris B N
28-06-2010, 06:57 AM
well done in the organisation Ewan,
only 7 of us there but we flew the flag, great weather and a lot more visitors than last year, almost certainly due to the inclusion of the Bikers.
Chris B N

markc
28-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Yes, thank you for organising this Ewan.

A good day (well morning for me) and fab weather. Interesting collection of cars to look at of which maybe 50% we're bona fide "Supercars". Note the VW Corrado parked next to us in the pic attached.
Loved the immaculate metallic red Countach LP5000QV but it's clearly driven it's poor owner to extreme OCD on the cleaning front, he must have been cleaning the already clean car for at least 2hrs bless him.
Six DeLorens arriving in convoy with their doors open was fun but I didn't see Darth Vader's (a HUGE man) TIE Fighter :)

I slogged up the M40, from Surrey, to get there but I had a lovely drive home across country :)

Some pics attached...

Cheers

Mark

gumball
28-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Jeez, I bet Darth Vader lost some weight, he must of been baking!