PDA

View Full Version : NSX Tuning route?

mccarthy
25-09-2005, 02:56 PM
I've been looking at the 3 routes of tuning the NSX, N/A 3.5L, 3.0L superchaged and 3.0L turbo(or twin turbo). Any thoughts on what would be the best???

The N/A would be the most expensive but the most responseive, lots of people use superchargers but they arn't efficient (only upto 40%) and single or twin turbos i can't fine a great deal of infomation about???

ECU's which mappable unit's are available for the NSX's,

You will have to forgive my ignorance i'm more used to STI's and RX7's the Honda engines are new to me!!!

Thanks people

ctrlaltdelboy
25-09-2005, 05:57 PM
management here http://www.aempower.com/product_ems_app.asp

forum here http://forum.aempower.com/

Rob_Fenn
25-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Depends on what the car is being used for really. It is hard to justify spending your hard earned on an N/A engine (unless you are loaded that is!), especially one that doesn't really need it.

-Rob

mccarthy
26-09-2005, 01:45 PM
the N/A tune would be to maintain the responce that is lost through adding a turbo. The tuning route i was thinking would be loosely based on the GT300 engine. Crank, rods, high comp pistons, individual throttle bodies, high lift cams, port n polish etc.... this would give me a 3.5 litre v6 lump with a higher rpm limit (around 9,000 safely) if tuned corretly... but i have no idea what sort of power can be acheived taking this route, i mean i know i can top 400bhp but after that?????

And loaded...... :wink: i wish!!!!!!! Agh having the money..... just think of the monster NSX you could build :D

Oh cheers for that management link.

jaytip
26-09-2005, 03:33 PM
you are going to have to spend HUGE amounts of money to get circa 400 bhp N/A.
do some phoning around.you will find out that NOTHING is cheap on the NSX when it comes to increased bhp.

mccarthy
26-09-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm well aweare that noithing is cheap on these things :shock: !!!!! I know the N/A route is expensive but it would seem thats how they tend to do it in japan, unlike the U.S. method which seems to be bolt on a turbo or super charger and hope it doesn't blow up!!!! I'm not saying that's in every case but most cases i seen or read about.

I'm open to suggestions on the turbo or supercharger front as i said these are new engines to me so at the moment i'm just looking for info and peoples opinions.

Who in the UK can i talk to about tuning the NSX I'v tried all the larger tuners but only TDI seem to have any idea of what the NSX is capable of. Are there any other good honda tuners in the UK?

jaytip
27-09-2005, 04:01 AM
Who in the UK can i talk to about tuning the NSX I'v tried all the larger tuners but only TDI seem to have any idea of what the NSX is capable of. Are there any other good honda tuners in the UK?
and this is where your problem is.if you had a subaru or an evo or skyline then there are a number of options open to you but unfortunatly no-one seems to have a great deal of knowledge about extracting big # out of the NSX.
I could not get a dealer to put a brand new 6 speed box in my car(92) and they are suppossed to know all there is to know about these cars :x