PDA

View Full Version : NSX and Eurotunnel - any risk to alloys/bumper?

havoc
24-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Probably a very silly question, but the NSX is rather lower and wider than any other car I've taken onto the continent, and I just wanted to check that it's easy enough to fit on the Eurotunnel trains? Specifically the width on those 'kerbs' in the trains, or the front spoiler/splitter on the ramps to/from the upper deck?!?

Cheers,

M.

NSX 2000
24-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Probably a very silly question, but the NSX is rather lower and wider than any other car I've taken onto the continent, and I just wanted to check that it's easy enough to fit on the Eurotunnel trains? Specifically the width on those 'kerbs' in the trains, or the front spoiler/splitter on the ramps to/from the upper deck?!?

Cheers,

M.

No problem with the eurotunnel :)

They have always put me downstairs, but just in case they don't all you need to do is ask if it's OK due to the low ride height of the NSX.

HTH

Paul

Senninha
24-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Hi Martin,

Its the only way I take the NSX to Euroland (cant stand the packed parking on ferries)

Just take it easy and slow on entry and you'll be fine.

regards and have a good trip

regards, Paul

markc
24-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Having the place in France I use Eurotunnel a lot and am a "Frequent Traveller" member. As Paul (NSX2000) says they almost always direct low cars to the downstairs entrance and the width between kerbs is sufficient, if you're careful, so that you shouldn't damage you wheel rims.

Last time I travelled over in the NSX the person at the check-in booth told me that if I'd asked they'd have put me on the coach/motorcycle/high vehicle section which is a single deck and doesn't have kerbs. This is probably the safest way :)

Cheers

Mark

jaytip
24-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Hi Martin,

Oh man,talk about a double entendre :eek:

NSX 2000
24-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Hi Martin,

regards, Paul

Oh man,talk about a double entendre :eek:

Perhaps Paul is practising for the birds and the bees talk :laugh: :laugh:

Baz
25-03-2010, 09:41 AM
I've taken my NSX to France for the last two years making the crossing on LD Lines tub plying its way from Portsmouth to Le Havre. Never had a problem with clearance and the loading guys were really helpful.

Baz

havoc
25-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Cheers guys!

NoelWatson
26-03-2010, 11:18 AM
There is a risk to your image if you leave the fan on for the crossing and realise that your battery is almost flat when you get back to blighty. Bump starting in that confined space is amusing.