PDA

View Full Version : Integra Type R

Flinty
23-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi - sorry if this isnt totally NSX related....

I think someone on this forum has a new shape Integra. I'm thinking about one as an occasional (3rd car) runner & wanted comment from anyone who knows Teg's in comparison to NSX's.

Performance, torque, handling, interior, grin factor etc.

I like the character of the Civic Type R engine (sorry!) but wouldnt buy one, like the S2000 but found it just too torqueless - I like to drive hard & definitely get the most from VTEC's, but find it tedious having to rev the thing to death to get any forward movement if using for day to day trips.

The NSX is an excellent balance - enough torque for in gear acceleration, but loves to rev too.

Is the new Integra kind of inbetween the lot ?

Cheers

Flinty

ChrisR
23-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Flinty,

The DC5 Integra R's engine is practically the same as the one in the EP3 CTR, although it has slightly more power - the UK spec EP3 has 197 bhp, the JDM EP3 has 215 bhp and the JDM DC5 has 220 bhp.

I don't know the torque figures off the top of my head but I assume they'll all be fairly similar - especially when running the JDM engines on UK fuel.

Chris.

Rob_Fenn
25-09-2005, 10:02 PM
I've heard very good things about the Integras, i like the earlier and new versions and have contemplated getting one. There are plenty of them on trackdays i go to, and they seem quick enough! I have heard they are very adjustable cars to drive despite being FWD. I know one fairly well respected importer is Litchfield Imports.

Cheers,

-Rob

milano_chris
26-09-2005, 08:45 PM
The JDM EP3 actually has less tourque than the european model, and I believe it to be the same with the DC5.

The only way to get the fine balance is to chip it with the KPro, but it will still need to be revved hard. Apart from that for huge tourque gains FI is the only route to go as most other tuning on the engine tends to free the car up higher up in the rev range and not really doing much lower down.