PDA

View Full Version : Oxygen sensor

madras
16-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Hi, my rear oxygen sensor is playing up, these are over £200 from Honda - can they be had anywhere else reliably? Thanks.

car is 1993 manual, no PS. Are the front and rear O2 sensors the same on this year?

max_g
16-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Hi just replaced both my 02 sensors ( on the premise that after one goes the second may follow)
Fundamentally you have 3 reasonable options ( once you discount Honda UKs unattractive pricing )

1) order from Science of speed each sensor is about 70-80 dollars, the leads and plugs are installed and the right length and its a straightforward replacement ( don't use PBB or wd40 )

3) there are a number of exhaust companies in the US that will sell NGK sensors for about $30 some provide the right connection but the leads may be different lengths.

2) finally you can get generic o2 ( lambda ) sensors from ebay for about £16 (longevity is unknown ) but you will need to splice the wires into your existing plugs.

All the best

Max

britlude
16-03-2010, 10:48 PM
i got mine from sparkplugs.com, ntk 24172, direct fitment, with correct connector, other places list them in the US too, rockauto.com takes paypal....

http://sparkplugs.com/results_cross.asp?pid=24172&x=54&y=11

duncan
19-03-2010, 09:02 PM
On an OBD1 car, [UK 3.0], the front and rear bank sensors are the same spec, it is merely the lengths of the leads that are different, hence different part numbers. The OBD11 cars [UK 3.2][ and autos of the same period?] each bank has a pre and and a post cat sensors, these are to a different spec to each other, and no doubt in OE form the lead lengths of all 4 will be unique.